8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

3rd Gear and Alignment Issues with the SI

Old 12-01-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BHallzy4 is an unknown quantity at this point
3rd Gear and Alignment Issues with the SI

Hey,

I just wanted to post an update with the progress I'm making with my 07 Si Sedan.

My Si has 2 known issues: 3rd gear & the defective rear upper control arms.

I took the car to the dealer and spoke directly to the service manager. Honda has agreed to fix 3rd, with no questions asked.

The rear upper control arms are defective and Honda has accepted this for all regular Civics but not including Si’s. I told the Service Mgr that took my car to get it aligned and the garage stated that they could not align my rear tires anymore than what they already were due to the upper control arms. The car does not come with the ability to adjust the camber and caster. So from the factory, if the control arms are not to spec the car will burn tires as the car is not going to be aligned properly.

They submitted the request to Honda and it’s been approved. The dealer is just waiting to hear back from Honda on whether they’ll use OEM arms are reproduction arms.

They have not agreed to pay for tires or reimburse me for the alignment. I’m ok with that as my car has $41k miles. I am little disappointed in Honda, I guess I expected more from them.

The point I’m trying to make is that if you have similar issues I suggest you go to the Service Manger at your local dealer. If you don’t have any luck, go to another dealer. If that doesn’t work, I’d call Honda directly and send them complaint letters.

“The squeaky wheel gets the oil”.

Anyone else have similar experiences?
Old 12-01-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 3rd Gear and Alignment Issues with the SI

good to hear, ALOT of people have the 3rd gear issue which honda at first tried to ignore and say theres no problem. trying to beat the warranty so they wouldnt be responsible. the control arm is also a huge problem, i would say that shouldve been a recall. there is no way to align the car with the old factory arms on almost every 06+ civic.