8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Driver's One Touch Window Problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Teasip is an unknown quantity at this point
Driver's One Touch Window Problem

Driver's door window, press the one touch window up, and the window gets to within about 2" of top and acts like it hits a stop and returns to full down. If I hold the button and raise the window it works every time. Originally noted when window was wet with moisture, now I notice it when dry. '08 Si sedan. May be my imagination but I believe that it started doing this about the same time that I noticed a rattle in the top trim piece of door where a traditional door lock post would be placed (manual door lock).
Old 11-19-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Driver's One Touch Window Problem

need to open the switch up and clean the contacts. i bet the switch just got messed inside. use qtips and alcohol.
Old 11-19-2009
Registered!!

Hmmm, I did some searching around using different key words and found the threads detailing the rubber window track issue that Honda' have. I lubricated the track with silicone spray and did the auto reset (all the way down, all the way up and hold the button an extra two seconds). Multiple trips up/down the track and so far, so good. My initial attempt to raise it before lubricating resulted in it going back down. Thanks for the suggestion as well as this forum! Now, if I could only fix the trim rattle....
Old 11-19-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

rattles are hard, you need to figure out where its coming from and try to put some cloth or foam inbetween so the two pieces dont touch.
Old 11-21-2009
Registered!!

24+ hours out and no issues. Crazy thing is that I haven't noticed the rattle either. Appreciate the saved visit to the dealer....at least thus far!
Old 11-26-2009
Registered!!

Spoke too soon. Rattle is back but at least the window is functioning well (unlike the UT Longhorn defense tonight against Texas A&M).
Old 12-10-2009
Registered!!

mfgs1979 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have an '08 4 door. Last winter the auto up stopped working. Took it in an they said it was ice or moisture causing it. Fine left it at that, summer came and same problem on dry days. Took it in again, they then replaced the switch. Worked for a day or two (lucky I think), then no go 90% of the time. Took it in again, this time the tech informed the advisor there is another TSB for the same problem on another model. The dealer order in what was in the TSB and installed a new channel, and other parts not mentioned to me. Worked fine ever since that was 2 months ago.