8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

2007 4 Door EX - intermittent wiper setting

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PimpMyZamboni is an unknown quantity at this point
Question 2007 4 Door EX - intermittent wiper setting

Hi,

Im new to the forum, hoping someone may be able to help me out or point me in the right direction.

Ive had the car for a lil over 2 years now, close to 50K miles on it.

Recently, a strange thing has started recently, i would say about 2-3 months ago or so.

Whenever I turn the wipers on the intermiten setting, it doesn't appear to me that they go dependning on the speed of the car, they just wipe at a constant rate, much the same as the setting right after the intermittent setting. The settings after the intermitted setting wipe at the speed they should I would say.

With the intermittent setting on, if the car comes to a stop, the wipers keep going, then they sometimes stop halfway, or all the way on the sides, but they dont stop right away as they used to non the less.

If i were to turn the wipers off, no matter which setting they are on, the wipers keep going for a bit, and stop randomly on the windshield, sometimes on the side, sometimes on the middle, well, you get the idea.

This also seems to happen when i press up to get a single wipe, or when i pull back on the control to get the windshield wiper fluid going to clean the windshield.

Has anyone ever heard of this before, and is this something I may be able to fix on my own? If so, how would I go about fixing it?

Thanks for reading this, I appreciate any help anyone can provide.
Old 10-26-2009
Registered!!

rocksinger45 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2007 4 Door EX - intermittent wiper setting

Not sure but it could be in the switch, replacing it is easy go to a junk yard or dealer and get a new one.
Old 10-26-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

ive actually never heard of intermittent wipers that adjust to the speed of the car. thats a cool feature. seems maybe the wiring is messed, or the speed sensor connection is bad.
Old 10-26-2009
Registered!!

rednek is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gearbox
ive actually never heard of intermittent wipers that adjust to the speed of the car. thats a cool feature. seems maybe the wiring is messed, or the speed sensor connection is bad.
I think the wipers are more of an on/off. When the car is at a stop it wipes at about the lowest intermittent setting, and when the car is going its about the low speed setting.
Old 10-27-2009
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

It sounds like a great system for sure. Something about the wipers cycling once when the brake is released, speed sensitive time adjustment. The LXs can be changed over also.

It could go a couple ways...It could be something in the electronics (just not sure it could cause stopping in the middle of a cycle) on the 8th gens the multiplex system has a new name. The other thing that comes to mind is the park switch.

I will try to find schematic.
Old 10-27-2009
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute

yes in intermittent mode, when the car is stopped wipers are at the lowest intermittent speed setting and when you reach certain speed it resumes back to the dial speed setting.

I would be interested in seeing how everything is connected.....
Old 10-27-2009
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

The 8th gens call it the "MICU" It is called the "multiplex" on the 7th gens. Same jobs same location (contained inside of the under dash fuse box)

It would determine the cycle times.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
07 Civic EX Wiper_Washer.pdf (35.2 KB, 157 views)