8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

09 headlight question!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PStuLovesCrackk is an unknown quantity at this point
09 headlight question!!!

Hello everyone I知 new to this forum and just had a couple questions about my 09 civic lx.

1 st, I had a question about my headlights. I noticed that there are 2 bulbs (I think... correct me if I知 wrong). One for the low beams and another for the high beams. Now, it seems to me (correct if I知 wrong again) that the high beams and all day running lights are the same bulb but are dimmed down when they are set on day mode right?

2nd question- I haven稚 had a chance to look at the forum a lot so I知 just gunna ask. Is there a guide on how to correctly replace the headlight bulbs? Any help in any direct would be great! Thanks in advance.

The reason for these questions is that I found a really good deal on silverstar ultras off amazon and I wanted to replace the OEM bulbs with the silverstars. I bought two pairs (high and low beams) so it wouldn稚 look cheap when I switched from yellow/white from the all day running to the low blue/white color of low beams (If that makes any sense.) Sorry if I confused anyone. Thanks in advance for the help!
Old 10-23-2009
Registered!!

johng35 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 09 headlight question!!!

on the 2007 ( which should be the same )
1. Yes high and daytime are same bulb.
2. The manual says to go under the wheel well by removing the inner fender
( or at lest the one screw and cut the wheel in to access it )

I have to get to mine this weekend and I will let you know what happens. need to change the low beam.
Old 10-27-2009
Registered!!

johng35 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 09 headlight question!!!

Follow up :
Fairly easy and straightfoward. I have a coupe and I think the sedan is exactly the same.
This is for the low beams:
To change the driverside,open the hood , pull the coolant overflow tank up about 2-3 inches, and out of yourway ( It is tougher to put back in as it slides down on a clip that gave me some trouble) turn the bulb you can now access about 90 degress and it should become loose, and then pull it out of the back of the light housing. Unplug with a thin screwdriver to push back the clip. Install bulb in reverse of removal. Push and turn until the plug portion is down compltelty vertical. Don't get grease or oils ( or oils from your bare hand) on the bulb.

The passenger is inaccessable due to the antilock brake pump and hard lines from above- must go under the fender.
You need to turn the steering wheel to the left until the wheel is clear and you can pop off the plastic plug that holds the plastic fender inner to the inside of the metal fender. Peel the inner fender away enough to get your hand and wrist in and up to the back of the light. some help sighting the bulb may be necessary from under the hood.
Check operation of the bulbs before putting the coolant tank and fender screw back in.
It took about 15 minutes as I wasted 10 minutes trying to access the passenger side from under the hood. Way too tight, and I have skinny girly man wrists.