Suspension Post your issues with Suspension here! Suspension will cover from Steering Column (Steer Wheel is in interior), Suspension, Bearing and Hubs

OEM tires how many miles have you all got?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
krazymatt is an unknown quantity at this point
OEM tires how many miles have you all got?

I have about 23k miles on my original Bridgestone Turanzas and I'm needing to replace them. Just curious what anyone else has got on their oem tires? This isn't the first time I have bad luck with Bridgestones. I had to replace a set on a truck I once had at 25k. Crappy tires in my book.
Old 10-20-2009
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: OEM tires how many miles have you all got?

I know this is 8th Gen but I have a 7th gen and I got around 70, 000miles on my stock set of Bridgestone Potenzas. They could have gone a lil' bit longer but when I changed them winter season was coming so I did not want to risk having old tires on.
Old 10-20-2009
Registered!!

BHallzy4 is an unknown quantity at this point

I bought my 07 Si - sedan in Feb of 07. I run a set of snow tires in the winter.

I'd say my OEM tires have around 25K miles. I will likely be replacing them this Spring with a set of Wet/Dry tires. I’ll be getting an alignment when I swap out for the snows in the coming month.

New automobiles rarely have a perfect alignment so OEMs tend to wear faster than others. An alignment should be considered once the car gets around 10k miles. This is enough time for the car to find its alignment and early enough to avoid significant tire wear before its too late.

OEM tires are not “new” tires. They're going to have about 80-90% of a new tires normal amount of tread. The auto manufacturer makes deals with the tire manufacturer on major tire deals for their autos. So the tire is new however less rubber was used to make them for cost cutting purposes.

High-performance tires don’t provide mileage expectation for obvious reasons.
Old 10-20-2009
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

I could not find the #s but they should be rated at about 40k miles or abouts.

That is what the Potenza RE92 on the later 7th gen Civics was rated. I got 42k from my 05s RE92s rotated every 5 with X method.

70k ? wow, incredible.

Are they wearing even ?? There were some issues with rear suspension on some 8th gens.

Have they been rotated on time ??
Old 10-20-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

my stock firestones were horrible and died at 20k miles almost bald with tons of road vibration. i later looked them up on tirerack and the average rating is 1/10 for those lol. they suck at everything. my last set of tires i loved, bridgestone turanza that lasted me 60k miles with hard driving and cornering. very sticky, never hydroplaned, whisper quiet. unfortunately a blown shock caused one tire to wear out faster than normal, the other 3 couldve gone another 20k at least. now i have crappy fuzion hri tires and they are only 5k miles old but i cant wait to replace em.
Old 10-20-2009
Whachya lookin at?

BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CraigW
I could not find the #s but they should be rated at about 40k miles or abouts.

That is what the Potenza RE92 on the later 7th gen Civics was rated. I got 42k from my 05s RE92s rotated every 5 with X method.

70k ? wow, incredible.

Are they wearing even ?? There were some issues with rear suspension on some 8th gens.

Have they been rotated on time ??
70K i couldnt believe it either... They were very loud at that point. Probably exhausted beyond their life even though they still had some tread left. Mostly highway.
Old 10-20-2009
Registered!!

krazymatt is an unknown quantity at this point

They are wearing even. I could've rotated them more often perhaps but I did rotate them. I am planning on an alignment most definitely. I'm considering Michelin Hydro Edge tires. They seem like a decent tire for the money. I might try and shoot for 30k before I change them. It all depends on how much snow/rain we get now in November here. We had a good rain on the way home from work today and it sucked driving with those tires. You look at the water on the road and it trys to hydroplane!
Old 10-20-2009
Whachya lookin at?

I can't believe only 30k on a set of tires!!! I have heard mixed feelings on Hydroedge. Some say they are the absolute best and some say they are terrible. I went with Goodyear Triple Treads. They are rated slightly better all season than the hydroedge and they are about the same price. In my area anyway. I can personally say that the tires perform excellent even in the snow!
Old 10-21-2009
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

My replacements for the originals are a set of 80k mile Michelin Harmony. They have about 55k at this point. Have been great. Wear is perfect.

The X pattern rotation every 5000 miles has worked out well for me for several years now. It seemed to me if the tires stayed on the same side for more than 1 cycle they always cupped or scalloped eventually. Switched over to X pattern with no problems to date.
Old 10-21-2009
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute

my 01 EX civic tires lasted about 60K as well...the penny showed head around that time....

my 09 SI sedan is at 12K miles and I just went to dealer for my 2nd free oil change on Sat. they measured tire at 8/10...rotated mine at 6k(1st oil change)
Old 10-26-2009
Registered!!

hondajordan6194 is an unknown quantity at this point

i only got 12k miles on my stock tires for my o7 civic ex sedan
Old 10-26-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

thats because of bad alignment issues from defective rear control arms.