8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

gettn a 8th gen SI!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03civicexR is an unknown quantity at this point
gettn a 8th gen SI!

hey im getn a 07 si 4dr and so far im plannin on goin w. a fujita SRI then skunk2 short throw. but i was wunderin wats the difference between vibrant and skunk2? im planning on goin w. a race header and full catback but neither of them say wat size the individual pipes are. pretty much which full exhaust gives more power?
Old 08-25-2009
Registered!!

D5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of light
Re: gettn a 8th gen SI!

Originally Posted by 03civicexR
hey im getn a 07 si 4dr and so far im plannin on goin w. a fujita SRI then skunk2 short throw. but i was wunderin wats the difference between vibrant and skunk2? im planning on goin w. a race header and full catback but neither of them say wat size the individual pipes are. pretty much which full exhaust gives more power?
word of advice. skip the short ram and go straight to the cold air intake. Injen or any other ones are fine, but i prefer injen.

difference between vibrant and skunk2 full race header will net you just about the same results since both race headers are the bang for the buck type of header.

They are on the same lines at DC as far as the race header option goes.

Mostly likely the piping size will be a 2.5 inch outlet like most race headers.

I would get either of the race headers and do a custom cat back. If you want the off the shelf cat back and race header, the results will be very comparable to one another.
Old 08-26-2009
Registered!!

rednek is an unknown quantity at this point

Assuming that you are talking about the Skunk2 and Vibrant headers, the Skunk 2 is a unique design. It uses different cylinder pairing and unique mergers along with super long primaries. Certainly one of the best headers out there for the money it seems (And I own a Vibrant header)

Vibrant can be had with a high flow cat while the skunk2 cannot.

The Skunk2 is around $200 more expensive when compared to the Vibrant without HFC.

As far as intakes go, check out the Password JDM powerchamber intake. Yes, its $450, but its a unique piece. For that you get a light weight battery, a battery relocation kit, and intake. The position and materials should prevent heat soak seen with the SRI's and will be worry free interms of hydrolock. This intake also has vains which will maintain drivability as compared to the other tubes on sticks.
Old 08-26-2009
Registered!!

D5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by rednek
Assuming that you are talking about the Skunk2 and Vibrant headers, the Skunk 2 is a unique design. It uses different cylinder pairing and unique mergers along with super long primaries. Certainly one of the best headers out there for the money it seems (And I own a Vibrant header)

Vibrant can be had with a high flow cat while the skunk2 cannot.

The Skunk2 is around $200 more expensive when compared to the Vibrant without HFC.

As far as intakes go, check out the Password JDM powerchamber intake. Yes, its $450, but its a unique piece. For that you get a light weight battery, a battery relocation kit, and intake. The position and materials should prevent heat soak seen with the SRI's and will be worry free interms of hydrolock. This intake also has vains which will maintain drivability as compared to the other tubes on sticks.
i'm merely stating things that are dyno proven and hydrolocking is the fault of the driver and no one else.

you seem to have youmind made up on what you want to do. so what's the point of asking for opinions then? go with what you want b/c in the end you want to be satisfied.

Password JDM is a rip on all their stuff. SRI no matter how good the material is, will always have more heat soak then a true cold air intake.

Skunk 2, vibrant, DC, OBX are all similar in quality in my opinion.

I myself had a buddy club race header and hated it.

I eventually switched it to a custom hytech header.

either go hytech, SSR, ASP for good quality. they are just VERY expensive.
Old 08-26-2009
Registered!!

you're also on the wrong site for a k series motor. check out k20a.org. that site will suffice all your info needs.
Old 08-26-2009
Registered!!

The password JDM piece pulls air from behind the headlight, which is a very similar location to where the stock intake draws from. And you really need the maf vanes to maintain drivability IMHO, and this intake has that. I don't even think its for sale yet, so there is little information about its performance, so I'm not saying its the best thing ever, just saying it has great potential.
Old 08-26-2009
Registered!!

And you can also check out 8thcivic.com
Old 08-26-2009
Registered!!

already know about that site. that site is good for strictly the 8thgen si. The k20a.org is a general site for all k series motors.

i dont' own a 8th gen. i own a 2002 civic that is just k20 swapped.
Old 08-27-2009
Registered!!

I was telling to OP