8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Anti theft problem?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rc_modeler is an unknown quantity at this point
Anti theft problem?

A couple of days ago I went out to my 2006 Civic ex and noticed the key fob was not working. I used the key to get in and started the car. The headlights and taillights started flashing, the radio would not turn on and the theft light continued flashing even though the car was started. After a couple of minutes the lights stopped flashing but the radio still would not turn on and the anti theft light is still flashing. I can drive the car but have not been able to find out what is going on. I've disconnected the battery but it did not help. Any ideas out there before taking it to the dealer? Thanks!
Old 08-03-2009
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anti theft problem?

if you disconnected battery, you have to reset/enter the radio code. When you purchased your car, you would have received a card that has radio code....it's in the manual..otherwise you have to take your car to dealer to prove your ownership and they will do the code for you
Old 08-03-2009
Registered!!

Thanks, but I have no power to the radio to put the code in. The radio will not turn on at all along now the dome light and the power door locks also. I unhooked the battery and reinstalled but no change. fuses are ok.

Flashing anti theft while driving, blinking head/taillights for 2 minutes after starting, no power to radio, no door locks, no dome light, FOB won't unlock. Could the fusebox be bad? Relay?
Old 08-03-2009
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Sounds like possibly an open fuse affecting the radio, locks and dome. (A fuse dealing with constant power source) It may effect your keyless as well.

There are 2 fuse boxes used in the car.

In the 7th gens the fuse is called "backup" and is located in the under hood box. 8th gens may be similar ??

Last edited by CraigW; 08-03-2009 at 10:00 AM.
Old 08-03-2009
Registered!!

Thanks, but no luck. Found the "backup" fuse but it was ok. Checked a couple of others while there.