8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Bootleg Intake?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
exclusive956 is an unknown quantity at this point
Bootleg Intake?

I was talking to this kid today who has the same car as me, we both have civics (obv why im here lol). Mine is an 06 and his is an 08 i think. He was talking about something he did to his car called a bootleg intake. He removed a piece of tube from the intake so the air goes directly into his engine and not through a system of tubes. He said the cars computer adjusts to his and it makes his car go faster, just like if hed added an intake part to make it go faster. Does this work/is this true? Wouldnt **** get caught in his engine? (yes kinda noob)

He removed the tube circled in yellow so the air goes directly into where the white arrow is pointing. Just for reference lol. Thanks guys
Old 07-15-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bootleg Intake?

so he takes the tube out that brings in cold air from the bumper area, so that warm air from the engine is sucked instead? sounds like it will lose power to me.
Old 07-15-2009
Registered!!

exclusive956 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gearbox
so he takes the tube out that brings in cold air from the bumper area, so that warm air from the engine is sucked instead? sounds like it will lose power to me.
Thats what i was saying..you put in a COLD air intake for a reason, maybe he just likes the louder noise it makes idk but wont **** get caught in his engine now bc isnt the filter attached to that pipe?
Old 07-15-2009
Registered!!

onequickfa5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gearbox
yea that...by removing that it just sounds..no hp improvement what so ever
Old 07-15-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i think filter is in that box, so if he just takes the outer tube off it wont really affect anything other than less hp.
Old 08-29-2009
Registered!!

galaxygray06 is an unknown quantity at this point

not really sure what you are talking about OP... they're plenty of options to go with. But if you want a cheap and easy route with pretty much the same numbers as a CAI, just build your own SRI. it was very easy. only took me about 2 hours of my time and about $60.... here are some pictures.

Name:  IMG_8513.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  71.6 KB

Name:  IMG_8515.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  72.5 KB

Name:  IMG_8519.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  34.0 KB

let me know if you have any questions