8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

need some ideas...HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
guardianwiz is an unknown quantity at this point
need some ideas...HELP!!

hey all, Just picked up my new 09 civic SI two weeks ago and been thinking about minor bolt on performance upgrades. You know header, exhuast, intake and tuning. Any suggestions on the easy bolt on stuff? Also has anyone heard anything about the hondata Flashpro that just got released? Trying to get over the 200 whp mark and make it sound non ricer. any suggestions welcome
Old 06-26-2009
Registered!!

One_Fit_Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: need some ideas...HELP!!

ok tip on the sound u can upgrade the piping on the exhaust but you have to keep the muffler and also put in a silencer in it (your have to make it your self) as for the hondata good stuff check out the website www.hondata.com (its not cheap) and you wont be able to drive your car for up to a month, 200whp with a jackson supercharger is not hard but you must tune you car or it well run like **** and your 200 mark will fall short
Old 07-08-2009
Registered!!

VTECvvhore is an unknown quantity at this point

So I have the same thing going on. So you believe that a supercharger is better than a turbo for the '09 Si? O yea, any ideas on weight reduction? Damn car weighs too much.
Old 07-08-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

your seats are heavy, replace em with lighter racing versions like the corbeau A4 which is only 25 lbs each. stock is over 40 lbs. take the spare tire and tools out, you can just call a tow truck in the city anyway. take it with you on road trips. take out floor mats, and anything else that you dont need. rims are a huge issue, the newer si has big 17-18 inch rims that weigh a ton. consider getting smaller and lighter weight rims, even honda makes a bunch you could use, or go aftermarket. that will make the biggest difference since its rotational mass. i like superchargers better than turbo.
Old 07-08-2009
Registered!!

VTECvvhore is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks, how hard is it to do the ECU swap? since I know these new cars are 50% computers. O yea, and this car made my american muscles buddies freak. O yea any suggestions on suspension? This sport setup from honda sucks donkey junk. I nearly spun about 10 times at the same speed I used to take my old honda ('03 hybrid POS) down a fun back mountain road that they keep paved nicely all the time.
Old 07-08-2009
Registered!!

rednek is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by One_Fit_Civic
ok tip on the sound u can upgrade the piping on the exhaust but you have to keep the muffler and also put in a silencer in it (your have to make it your self) as for the hondata good stuff check out the website www.hondata.com (its not cheap) and you wont be able to drive your car for up to a month, 200whp with a jackson supercharger is not hard but you must tune you car or it well run like **** and your 200 mark will fall short
Uhhh, the Jackson super charger comes with a reflash from Hondata. So does the Comptech supercharger. Both should see around 240whp. You'd be down for 2 or 3 days because the ECU gets overnighted back and forth.

As for the flashpro, it comes with 32(?) tunes already loaded so you can match what you have modification wise the closest.

The exhaust really depends on where you are, and honestly how you drive. I've got one of the loudest exhausts and no tickets so far, knock on wood.
Old 07-08-2009
Registered!!

rednek is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by VTECvvhore
thanks, how hard is it to do the ECU swap? since I know these new cars are 50% computers. O yea, and this car made my american muscles buddies freak. O yea any suggestions on suspension? This sport setup from honda sucks donkey junk. I nearly spun about 10 times at the same speed I used to take my old honda ('03 hybrid POS) down a fun back mountain road that they keep paved nicely all the time.
you have to take your car into Honda and pay them some sorta hefty money ($100+ sticks in my head, but I'm not sure) and they can reflash it.
Old 07-08-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

time for better tires!
Old 07-14-2009
Registered!!

onequickfa5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by One_Fit_Civic
i don't know what hes talking about by can't drive for a month..and as far as the pipeing its stock 2 1/4 pipe w/3inch out tip.....but anyways...i have the flash pro [695.00] and its awsome.....i hit the 199whp mark with a header[cat delete], cat-back, intake, tbs, pullys and a few tweeks. now i have the flash pro i need to dyno again but there are base maps that are easy to use. even one for stock