8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

HFP suspension ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
johng35 is an unknown quantity at this point
HFP suspension ?

Anybody install the Honda Factory Performance Suspension on their ride ? Looking for feedback on it.

Thanks.
Old 06-17-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: HFP suspension ?

meh, its maybe worth it if you get a good deal. it normally goes for over $1k. its just 1 inch lowering springs and better shocks combo. you still need camber kits to align it, and everything has to be installed. you can get aftermarket setup for much cheaper.
Old 06-19-2009
Registered!!

rednek is an unknown quantity at this point

No way... College Hills Honda has the HFP for $450+shipping right now.
http://www.collegehillshonda.com/hon...erformance.htm

Tokico shocks alone are that much. Plus $200+ lowering springs. Plus $300+ camber kits.

A Camber kit is not needed for the HFP. Yes, you might get some camber wear, but honestly, I've got it with my stock Si suspension. Can you add a camber kit? Yes. Do you have to? No.

The combination is tough to beat IMHO. No, you won't be dumped, but if you are looking for a good all around combination that actually will give you improved handling (and not just some springs that will dump you and chew up your inner fender wells) its tough to beat. I highly highly recommend it. Add yourself in a $170 rear sway bar and you'll be carving those corners!

Last edited by rednek; 06-19-2009 at 05:56 PM.
Old 06-19-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

nice price! shoot for that price its a great option.
Old 06-19-2009
Registered!!

Yeah man! I'm gettin one used in the next few weeks and I'm stoked. The roads are so poor and I have to drive in winter so I don't want to go super low. And I think its a better all around combination than pretty much anything out there.
Old 06-19-2009
Registered!!

johng35 is an unknown quantity at this point

The college hills pacakge is a great deal, and with the fronts from the factory-the springs and upper mounts are all together.
It's practically 5 bolts - an afternoon of work.
The college hills podcast of the install looks straightfoward as the directions make it.
My concern is with my daily driver- if it was too harsh or too low and not enough improvement over the stock. The factory's tend to be conservative.

Is this the same suspenion that comes on the factory Mugen Si editions ? I know they were blasted in the car mags for too rough a ride and no noticable increase in performacne over the stanadard SI suspension.

Since KONI is only making their red adjustable "insert tubexartridge" type for now- too much work to adapt the spring and strut - this is not a track car... the HFPs might be on be end of july.

Thanks guys !
Old 06-19-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by johng35
The college hills pacakge is a great deal, and with the fronts from the factory-the springs and upper mounts are all together.
It's practically 5 bolts - an afternoon of work.
The college hills podcast of the install looks straightfoward as the directions make it.
My concern is with my daily driver- if it was too harsh or too low and not enough improvement over the stock. The factory's tend to be conservative.

Is this the same suspenion that comes on the factory Mugen Si editions ? I know they were blasted in the car mags for too rough a ride and no noticable increase in performacne over the stanadard SI suspension.

Since KONI is only making their red adjustable "insert tubexartridge" type for now- too much work to adapt the spring and strut - this is not a track car... the HFPs might be on be end of july.

Thanks guys !
I've ridden in/driven a few HFP cars. From the driver's seat its really a fine drive. Yes its stiffer but not bad. The rear seat passengers get tossed around since the rear is quite stiff though, lol. And the drop isn't that bad. No rubbing issues or any of that. Don't think they've had problems catching thier front bumpers/lips on anything.

In terms of the mugen, I don't know. The mugen is supposed to be its own set up (and should be for its price).

My friend actually just put Koni yellows in his car so we will see how it goes. Looks sexy though.