8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Trunk Release Key

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LFSoccer2k6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Trunk Release Key

So I am posting this as hoping to get a surprise for my girlfriend...

I have an 07 Accord that can pop the trunk with the remote. She has an 08 base model civic. Is there any remote and key I can get that will have a trunk pop button that will work? If there is a switchblade key that would be cool too. Thanks.
Old 03-30-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Trunk Release Key

hmm this is a tough one. you may want to ask on 8thcivic.com too. i know you need a power latch that fits and also a new remote (aftermarket alarm remote works best if she had an alarm already). The 01 accord power trunk latch fits the 01-05 civics perfectly, but im not sure on the 06+ models. it may or may not fit right. then you have to figure out the remote to work it.
Old 03-30-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

hmm how hard is it to install and program the 01 accord latch into our civic?
Old 03-30-2009
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

well install is easy, it just bolts up. i couldnt figure the wiring so i just had circuit city (r.i.p.) do mine for $40. they wired it to my spare alarm channel on my viper remote so when i press lock and unlock buttons together, trunk pops.
Old 05-01-2009
Registered!!

Gumdrop is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gearbox
well install is easy, it just bolts up. i couldnt figure the wiring so i just had circuit city (r.i.p.) do mine for $40. they wired it to my spare alarm channel on my viper remote so when i press lock and unlock buttons together, trunk pops.
very nice, they did it for $40? did they install the alarm themselves when you bought it also?
or you just brought it to them and they said they would do it?
my remote has a trunk-pop button =)
Old 05-01-2009
Premium Member

had my alarm installed at a different circuit city when i first got the car few years back. the second time all they did was install the wiring for the popper.
Old 05-01-2009
Registered!!

Gumdrop is an unknown quantity at this point

ahh hmm, i wonder if the nearest Best Buy will install mine!
Old 05-01-2009
Premium Member

im sure they would.