8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Just got the 2009 LX-S, now what?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DFA1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Just got the 2009 LX-S, now what?

Been driving a 94 Honda Accord for the past 10 years until some lady turned into me and totalled it last week ;( So I went out a got the Civic LX-S in charcoal grey and with tinted windows.

My question is, now what? I've been driving my beat up accord for a long time, not having to worry about payments, scratches or minor dents. It got me where I needed and that's all I wanted. But not that I bought a new Civic I figure it might as well look cool since it's brand new. Anything else I should do with it? I'm really interested in getting those ultra bright blue-ish looking head lights but not sure where or what to buy.

Best thing about my old car was the aftermarket speakers. They were so good it sounded like I had a small sub. Unfortionately this model didn't come with the stereo control on the steering wheel. I'd like to get that added if possible, I'd also like upgrade the speakers. Anyone know what the power output of the factory stereo is in the LX-S? Also what speakers are good for it? I don't need the best, but something best for the buck and good quality.

Anything else I should add on to it? This is my first new car so I'm probably going to have to buy some cleaning products and stuff. I'm a complete noob when it comes to cars.
Old 12-15-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Just got the 2009 LX-S, now what?

head on over to 8thcivic.com and look at the hid retrofit section theres a ton you can do with those cars. as always factory speakers suck and should be upgraded with aftermarket and a good amp. infinity makes good stuff esp the kappa series. if you want oem parts, check out www.handaaccessories.com for the cheapest prices. and www.hondaautomotiveparts.com for oem stuff.
Old 12-15-2008
Registered!!

I saw on the hondaaccessories, there is a wireless stereo remote. It says it's for the 05 model though ;( I guess if I got a remote I wouldn't need the stereo control in the steering wheel (anyone know if this can be added?).

For the lights, I wanted to get them as ultra bright and ultra white (blue-ish) as possible. Silvania has some that are what I need but don't last long at all, probably only 8 months. Anyone using any other brand of head light bulb?
Old 12-15-2008
Registered!!

bp_22ca is an unknown quantity at this point

If you go to 8thcivic.com as Gearbox said in the DIY's, there is one for adding the audio controls on the steering wheel.
Old 12-15-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

if you wanna stick with halogen headlight bulb, see if philips XP (xtreme power) will fit. they only make 3 sizes (H4, H7, 9006) i believe. im not sure what bulb the 8thgen uses but the XP would be the whitest and brightest of all the bulbs by far.
Old 12-15-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by bp_22ca
If you go to 8thcivic.com as Gearbox said in the DIY's, there is one for adding the audio controls on the steering wheel.
I must be blind cuz I'm not seeing it after going through the DIYs anyone have a direct link?

-NM I found it, took some digging, but here it is, should cost $70 bucks.
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/i-c-e...ml#post3999977

I'm probably going to do it since, I have to reach pretty far just to change songs/volume. Now just need to find the right light bulb to use.

Last edited by DFA1; 12-15-2008 at 06:44 PM.
Old 12-16-2008
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by DFA1
Been driving a 94 Honda Accord for the past 10 years until some lady turned into me and totalled it last week ;( So I went out a got the Civic LX-S in charcoal grey and with tinted windows.

My question is, now what? I've been driving my beat up accord for a long time, not having to worry about payments, scratches or minor dents. It got me where I needed and that's all I wanted. But not that I bought a new Civic I figure it might as well look cool since it's brand new. Anything else I should do with it? I'm really interested in getting those ultra bright blue-ish looking head lights but not sure where or what to buy.

Best thing about my old car was the aftermarket speakers. They were so good it sounded like I had a small sub. Unfortionately this model didn't come with the stereo control on the steering wheel. I'd like to get that added if possible, I'd also like upgrade the speakers. Anyone know what the power output of the factory stereo is in the LX-S? Also what speakers are good for it? I don't need the best, but something best for the buck and good quality.

Anything else I should add on to it? This is my first new car so I'm probably going to have to buy some cleaning products and stuff. I'm a complete noob when it comes to cars.

8thcivic.com, I go to their meets every week....oh, then take that LX-S and trade it in for a SI
Old 12-16-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ryox82
8thcivic.com, I go to their meets every week....oh, then take that LX-S and trade it in for a SI
I don't drive stick. Any meetings in or around Charlotte NC?
Old 12-16-2008
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to all

I hang out in the north east section in the long island chat and meet thread, you should start by looking in the region section for your area and see if there are any meets there. I even went to 8thcivic fest last year, so did Pon55 and DeX, two old timers here. Its a pretty cool bunch, at least for the northeast if you ask me.
Old 01-02-2009
Registered!!

09civicLX-S is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Just got the 2009 LX-S, now what?

The 09 Civic LX-S is bad! I'm going to tint the windows as well, and have a alarm installed.