8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

HID Problems ?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JGranados is an unknown quantity at this point
HID Problems ?!?!

So I just got a 2008 Civic Si last Friday. That same night I installed a set of 12K Xenon HID's. Now they worked fine until 20min after having them on. the passenger side bulb went out. i checked my fuse and it was blown. i replaced it again with another 10. it worked until saterday night and it blew it again. only the passenger side bulb not the driver side. so i once again replaced it but put 15 in it. and it blew it right off the bat. so i was F*ck it. put a 20 in. they worked fine and 5min later. both blew out. now I checked the fuses and they are intact. i put a set of stock 10's back in and nothing. lights are GONE. any idea's ? at this point im just curious i went and bought a set of PIAA's Performance bulbs. no HID BS anymore. havent installed them yet so hopfully i didnt f*ck anything up internally. i checked for melted wires or any wire being cut and touching something. but nothing. any idea's ?
Old 04-07-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: HID Problems ?!?!

if you hook back the halogen bulbs and they dont work, you fried your wiring. too bad. putting a higher fuse is never a good idea because it exceeds the limit of the wiring. hid draws a ton of amps on startup and the stock wiring cannot handle it. thats why the fuse blew. you need a new upgrade relay harness with thicker wire to run the hid. and since you ruined the stock wires, youre gonna need new harness even if you go back to halogen.
Old 04-08-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JGranados is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: HID Problems ?!?!

nope didnt blow anything up. just another fuse under the hood. forgot to check that one. lucky me. i bought PIAA's