8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Bass System Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Murderjetz is an unknown quantity at this point
Bass System Kit?

This seems like a pretty general question, so yes I did search first but still couldn't find anything...

is the Honda bass kit system any good at all? does it actually add good bass without needing a sub?
Old 03-14-2008
Registered!!

Lord ET is a glorious beacon of lightLord ET is a glorious beacon of lightLord ET is a glorious beacon of lightLord ET is a glorious beacon of lightLord ET is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Bass System Kit?

I've heard it's kinda shitty and a 10" sub would be substantially better, that's what I've got and it's plenty
Old 03-14-2008
Registered!!

Murderjetz is an unknown quantity at this point

oh okay. I have a 10" in my old car which I'm selling, and I'm debating whether to keep the sub for my Civic or sell the sub with the car and just get the bass kit system instead. does seem a little cheap though...

I guess I should probably just keep the sub for myself.
Old 03-14-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

garbage
Old 03-16-2008
Registered!!

rocksinger is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been investigating this sub for a couple of months and the guy who instals them @ the local Honda dealer told me that the bass impact is minimal at best and that most people complained that the rear deck vibrates to much.
Old 04-02-2008
Registered!!

2007lxcpe is an unknown quantity at this point

I would personally say that it isnt a good idea to replace the stock 2 ways in the rear with that bass kit. in my opinion if you check you crutchfeild.com they have an integrated bass unit by JDL aduio (muy bueno) but it is expensive. If yo want good sound you gotta pay the big bucks. I would say the first thing to do just to get better sound would be to replace the stock unit with an aftermarket one with more output power. the stock one puts out 160. not to shabby but im sure you could find one you like with much more.
Old 04-21-2008
Registered!!

Quinc is an unknown quantity at this point

the ex with 8 speaker and 8 inch sub is crap..

Anyone have any experiance with having an amp installed with the factory deck? I'm worried about frying the oem system if i install a new amp and sub. looking at an 10" JL W7 and 800-1000 watt amp.
Old 04-22-2008
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i had a friend who hooked a sub and amp to the oem deck and it sounded terrible. first off, he could not control the bass obviously, so it always sounded too loud and boomy. unless you have an amp that comes with bass adjustment control... and the oem connections with the deck to the amp will also suck. getting aftermarket deck with real hi volt rca preouts is the best way to go and then you can control everything. decks are cheap and $150-200 is not alot compared to how much youre spending on the amp and sub and wiring.
Old 04-28-2008
Registered!!

07exNavi is an unknown quantity at this point

It depends how you hook it up to the deck, and you could just turn the gain down. Like in my civic, I have the navi unit, no way ill find a navi with RCA outputs for 150-200 so it would be impractical to take that out, unless i wanted to spend big money on it.

I would go with one or two subs over the bass package IMO it will sound better and you will enjoy it more in the long run.
Old 05-02-2008
Registered!!

Wpattie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Quinc
the ex with 8 speaker and 8 inch sub is crap..

Anyone have any experiance with having an amp installed with the factory deck? I'm worried about frying the oem system if i install a new amp and sub. looking at an 10" JL W7 and 800-1000 watt amp.
hell yea buddy, I got sick of that little 8 inch peice of crap pretty quick and replaced it with a 12 inch alpine type R. The only down side to running the amp off a stock deck is needing use a switch to manually turn off the amp. although i have forgot to turn it off and it stayed for a few days and my digi cap was still reading 12.2 volts.
Old 05-02-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
i had a friend who hooked a sub and amp to the oem deck and it sounded terrible. first off, he could not control the bass obviously, so it always sounded too loud and boomy. unless you have an amp that comes with bass adjustment control... and the oem connections with the deck to the amp will also suck. getting aftermarket deck with real hi volt rca preouts is the best way to go and then you can control everything. decks are cheap and $150-200 is not alot compared to how much youre spending on the amp and sub and wiring.
I can control the bass on mine.. I used the sub out wires for old stock sub and the OEM deck has a sub control in it.
Old 05-09-2008
Registered!!

Scorvus is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the 350 watt nav system with subwoofer. It is better not having one, but not going to be enough for audiophiles. However for me, it works fine, I just keep the sub setting kind of low.
Old 05-12-2008
Registered!!

07exNavi is an unknown quantity at this point

Wpattie, did you hook the the sub out wires to the high lvl input or did you use a converter?
Old 05-19-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 07exNavi
Wpattie, did you hook the the sub out wires to the high lvl input or did you use a converter?

I used the the stock sub wires from the deck. I didnt use a converter.
Old 05-22-2008
Registered!!

kermen501 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I had the Bass System kit installed in my 07 Civic EX navi sedan about a month after I bought it. The rear speakers were replaced and it appears a small amp is fitted in my trunk. The system sounds better than the factory original sound but it's not what you want if you're looking to shake the sidewalks. For my use it is a better sound than what I had originally but it's not spectacular. Dave
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2611 40.JPG
Views:	1512
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	74361  

Last edited by kermen501; 05-22-2008 at 01:01 PM.
Old 05-26-2008
Registered!!

militarymatt is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm brand new on here, just bought an 07 EX coupe (w/ 350 watts). The stereo isn't bad, but needs a sub upgrade. I would like the system to stay as stock as possible....
I was just checking out crutchfield.com and the JL sub used for the stealth box is rated @ 150-600 watts RMS wired for 2 ohm mono. I'm assuming that the 160 watts the factory stereo is putting out is "peak" so it wouldn't even move a JL 10" sub with factory amplifier??
Any suggestions for more bass (preferably 10" in a ported box) that has worked for anyone here?
Old 09-23-2010
Registered!!

thegraystandard is an unknown quantity at this point

So i bought a 2010 LX and the guy at the dealership told me that if i planned on hooking up an amp and subs that i could do that through the stock stereo... i have yet to find this supposed hook up... im assuming that ill need an aftermarket stereo.... anyone else get told the same thing?... cause im pretty sure the dealer was just trying to get a sale.
Old 09-23-2010
Premium Member

technically you can hook up an amp if it has speaker level inputs to any factory deck, but it wont sound that great with a dirty signal. just go aftermarket.