8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

HID Conversion Issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
small_k20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy HID Conversion Issue

What's up peeps. I just got my hid kit for my 02 si and i conected them right. the high beams(normal beam) works but on low beam wen the hids shud work they dont come on. Has anyone has this problem? my friend told me that i had to change the resistor or the relay he's not sure. he sed its locaded in my fuse box where the low beams are under the hood. they look like 2 black little boxes. can anyone tell me wat i should do. o and also they arent broken bcuz i tried it on older civics and they work, but on my car it dusnt and my friend has a 01 coupe it dusnt work on his either. need help........
Old 02-18-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: HID Conversion Issue

are you sure you hooked it up right...also do you have a hi/lo kit, cause most hid kit are lo beam only. if you have them working in hi beam mode, you just wired it wrong. the wires on the stock harness are really weird. theres a 12v wire which gets hot in both hi and lo mode, then a LO wire which becomes a ground when lo beams are used, but gets hot when hi beam is used. its gonna take forever to explain, but if you just got a lo beam kit you wont have hi beam anyways. so just wire the hid ballast to the 12v wire and ground the negative ballast wire to the chassis. the 12v wire is either red or red/yellow depending on driver or passenger side.
Old 02-18-2008
Registered!!

yhea i have a hi/lo kit. and i think the hids are on the lo. and wen i put my highs on normal lights come on and on low nothing. im not really that car wise i just started gettin into hondas and the si was my choice. so wat do i have to do to make them work? sry for being a pain...
Old 02-18-2008
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

hmm well im not sure exactly what kit you have and how many wires need to hook up. but i can tell you what the wires mean for 01-03 civic, but im not sure they are the same for the si.
here are the three wires for each connector.

now when the lo beam is used, the 12v wire and HI wires are hot, the LO wire becomes a ground. this allows the lo beams to come on but the hi beam to remain off, since power flows from 12v wire and grounds through LO wire.

now when you use the hi beams, the 12v wire is hot again, but now the LO wire gets hot also so the lo beams dont work. but the HI wire becomes a ground so the hi beams work. does that make sense? its true for the H4 bulb that has a dual filament for hi/lo. i am pretty sure the si also has this setup. you only have one bulb for lo and hi right?
Old 02-18-2008
Registered!!

yes i do.. but on the HIDs theres the normal light and a small blue one under it. This is too complicated. lol... like i understand the wiring diagram but i still wont kno wat to do. as i sed im like really new to this and i really dont want to ge mess with the wires and i mess sumn up. if it was sumthing easy i could have dun it but it looks hard to do.
Old 02-19-2008
Premium Member

maybe just take it to a shop then. if you are around the Urbana IL area, i would say just drive by and i could take a look at it.
Old 02-19-2008
Registered!!

i am in Orlando FL.
Old 02-19-2008
Premium Member

post up in the regional forums, maybe someone down there is willing to help you out.
Old 03-10-2008
Registered!!

vmarcial is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Two days ago I install my HID kit to my Civic 01 and I had the same problem. What I found was that the ground cable was inverted. But the the HID light turn on but whe I put the Hi th four ligths turn on but they began to blinks. Does any one know what happen? I hope anyone can help me with this.
Thanks
Old 03-10-2008
Registered!!

vmarcial is an unknown quantity at this point

I undrstand that the bulbs are one for lo that is the HID and one for High that is the normal bulb. If these is the case what I can do to connect them correctly?
Old 11-25-2012
Registered!!

bouchercivic is an unknown quantity at this point

i have a 2002 coupe and i am also having the same problem its all plug n play connections to the stock harness but only my hi beams work and no lights are going on for normal driving.
Old 01-03-2013
Registered!!

bouchercivic is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks to everyone who posted, sorry for the long reply but i solved the Hid issue the wires where reversed for me im still working on the high beam issue tho. they dont seem to work they way i wired them.