8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Installing SIR-ECL1.. Where to put the tuner?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
merowe is an unknown quantity at this point
Installing SIR-ECL1.. Where to put the tuner?

I've got a Civic Ex (2007). When I purchased the car, I had an aftermarket Navi installed -- the Eclipse AVN-30d. Now, I'm looking to install a sirius tuner. Specifically, the SIR-ECL1.

I've got everything pretty much thought out except for where the tuner itself will go. I'd love to put it right behind the radio (or somewhere nearby), but I'm worried I won't have any room. I can put it under the passenger seat also if I can't think of any better place. Any one here have any good ideas on placement of this module? It's small, I'd guess about 4" by 4".. It comes with some screws for mounting. Any one have experience installing this or something similiar? Thanks!

Tom
Old 12-22-2007
Registered!!

andy22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Installing SIR-ECL1.. Where to put the tuner?

how about under the plastic cover that is right below the passenger side dash. there is some emptiness under there that a 4" object would surely fit into.
Old 01-08-2008
Registered!!

unplugged is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Installing SIR-ECL1.. Where to put the tuner?

I myself have ran out of room. Having my Eclipse AVn5510 with the Bluetooth module stored under the center console, I still am debating where to place my iPod controller, HD Radio, and Sirius box. The AVN unit is so big, it takes up the entire hole in the dash, leaving just enough room for the wiring and my PAC_ECL unit to maintain my steering wheel controls. The GPS antenna is mounted in the factory location where Honda puts their Nav antenna.

I have thought about putting the iPod controller under the glovebox since the cable is short to the iPod. But i'm worried about heat issues.

The sirius box, I think I will place under the subwoofer enclosure and just zip tie it to attach it. I placed it there before and it does hide it well.

As for the HD Radio, maybe under the passenger seat or somewhere in the trunk. Not sure yet but I want to keep my trunk clean looking as much as possible.