8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

OE Bluetooth Integration

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
arbittan will become famous soon enough
OE Bluetooth Integration

Last night after doing a lot of research on Bluetooth options on the Honda Civic, I was able to find an OE Bluetooth option. Johnson Controls, who manufactures 100% of the controls found in Honda, Acura, GM, BMW, Mercedes, etc designed a Bluetooth kit for dealership/aftermarket installation. This kit is based off the same kit used internally on Acuras and Honda. They have it in 5 colors to match the interior of your car.

http://www.autointelligence.com/ai/blueconnect.asp is the aftermarket boxed version of this bluetooth module.

I should be getting the unit by the end of the week and I will install it either over the weekend or in the near future.

Why did I want bluetooth in my car? Simple reason was because my Mercedes-Benz had a bluetooth feature installed and I really liked the convenience of not having wires hanging around the dash and having awesome clarity in conversations with my office or conference calls.
I have used external BT speaker phones in the car and was not happy with the performance. I also have a BT headset but do not like wearing it over an extended period of time.

A side note on this company, GM has finally decided to add Bluetooth to their Cadillac line up starting with the new CTS. It will have the same Blueconnect system that I am installing in my Honda Civic.

The cost varies by online etailer. You will need to find one that sells (ASH - Light-Gray for Gray or Blue Interior Civics) or (OAK - Light Tan for Tan Interior Civics).

You can also just purchase the dark gray, beige or black kit if total OEM integration is not what you are looking for or price is a major concern.

I paid $249.99 + 4.95 s/h from Amazon.com

Thanks.

The link above is just a reference website, you cannot purchase the Blueconnect directly from this manufacture since it is designed to be sold a car dealerships as an aftermarket OE product. Some dealer installed versions of this product may also umbrella under Honda's standard 3yr/36,000 mile warranty...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 11-04-2007
Registered!!

arbittan will become famous soon enough
Re: OE Bluetooth Integration

I installed the unit this weekend and it looks great.

I tried to post my install write up here, but it will not upload...

I have posted the entire write up on my blog site, www.abittans.com

Thanks
Old 11-04-2007
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

This must be for people who like to get raped for pricing on things they could easily and cheaply put together themselves.
Old 11-04-2007
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute

how about, "wow, that's a nice, comprehensive diy. +1 for the OP"

that's what i say.