8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Bosch Icon wiper blades?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
litlaur is an unknown quantity at this point
Bosch Icon wiper blades?

hello *waves*

I have a 2006 Civic, and I have been searching for replacement wiper blades for the past couple of weeks. I know I can get them from Honda, but I went ahead and ordered some Bosch Icon blades from http://www.rockauto.com/

Lo and behold, I cannot attach them. While I'm not particularly car-savvy, this is not simply a case of ineptitude. View this helpful animation:

That's how you are supposed to attach the Icon blades. It all seems so simple, right? Well, my wipers don't have that hook, but I've read that others have used Icon blades on their 8th gen Civics. Is there something obvious that I'm missing??

Last edited by litlaur; 09-22-2007 at 12:11 PM.
Old 09-22-2007
Registered!!

11sec70dodge is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Bosch Icon wiper blades?

didnt do the link right
Old 09-22-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

just have the auto store install them for you. some cars have different way of doing it i guess.
Old 09-22-2007
Registered!!

litlaur is an unknown quantity at this point

I bought them online, so I can't just go to the store...

If I have to return them, I lose $16 on shipping. Pretty frustrating if that's the case, since their catalog listed parts that don't fit my car.
Old 09-23-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i remember having this problem a while back. you know the black cover on the icons has to be pryed off first right? then you can fit the hook in and snap the cover back. but if your car wiper arms do not have a hook at the end, i really dont know how they would fit. other wipers come with different pieces for other styles, but idk, maybe they might work if you get a cheap set and use their attachment piece. i dont know what the 06 uses, i know all previous hondas have a hook on the end.
Old 12-04-2008
Registered!!

doedoe is an unknown quantity at this point

nmful
Old 12-14-2008
Registered!!

veedub6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by litlaur
hello *waves*

I have a 2006 Civic, and I have been searching for replacement wiper blades for the past couple of weeks. I know I can get them from Honda, but I went ahead and ordered some Bosch Icon blades from http://www.rockauto.com/

Lo and behold, I cannot attach them. While I'm not particularly car-savvy, this is not simply a case of ineptitude. View this helpful animation:

That's how you are supposed to attach the Icon blades. It all seems so simple, right? Well, my wipers don't have that hook, but I've read that others have used Icon blades on their 8th gen Civics. Is there something obvious that I'm missing??
I don't own a civic, but I was just searching through on google and found this site. I hope you haven't returned those wiper blades because Bosch Icons are simply the best wiper blades I've ever used. Of course if you purchased the correct size for your Civic, it should work.

How to install? You removed the wiper arm (the metal piece that the 'replacement' wiper blades go onto). The bosch icons are a complete wiper arm replacement. After removing the wiper arm, there should be a plastic or rubber piece that's covering the hook you are looking for. Remove that and you can install it easily. Also, don't force it in. If it doesn't fit there's something that isn't aligned so check first.