8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Looking To Mod My 07 Ex.. Need help

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
huntersteve61 is an unknown quantity at this point
Looking To Mod My 07 Ex.. Need help

Hello all, as you know I own an 07 Ex M/T. Love it but would like possibly some modification.... I'm way past the bumble bee sounding exhaust (no offense to anyone) for a few reasons mainly with my job I have to maintain a professional appearance. I am thinking about possible projectors, tint windows/taillight, possibly some kind so seat covers and a dash kit. Maybe some other dress up things but nothing that will void my warrenty. If anyone has some success stories or some ebay stay aways I would appreciate it. I'm very new to the Civic line but I'm starting my homework, I came from a 4 wheeling forum and was an suv owner for 7 years, this is not my terrritory at all! Again if anyone here has some ideas of some nice appearance modification or a cold air intake that will not void my warrenty I greatly appreciate it...... If theres anything I should watch for or anything special I need to do to my Civic please let me know as I haven't a clue

Thank You

Steve
Old 09-09-2007
Registered!!

PitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nice
Re: Looking To Mod My 07 Ex.. Need help

Don't waste your money on a cold air, you could buy rounds at the bar this weekend and get better use to that money. Projectors are nice, but they will never be like your OEMs unless you do a retrofit. Someone else had a 8th gen and was having some issues finding tail lights for them, but there are a few styles on ebay, you could always black them out or smoke them. You should do the window tint first if anything, amazing how much a good tint job can change the appearance of your ride. If you can find a shop to do your windshield thats even better. Its illegal everywhere I've been, but mine is still done. Good luck with your ride though!
Old 09-09-2007
Registered!!

Yes I was thinking about tinting my tail lamps and possibly even getting that spray on tint but I never have been able to get a smooth finish out of it. Secondly I do intend to tint the windows... Have any ideas on % i already have and how to match front with back? CAI really does that little for you?
Old 09-09-2007
Registered!!

PitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nice

the CAI might make your car sound mean...but thats pointless. If you do exhaust, CAI, header, you might see some gains at the top but who knows. Somewhere around 30% isn't bad. I can take some pics of my ride to show you what all the windows look like tinted. Its on a 7th gen though.
Old 09-09-2007
Registered!!

crappy pics but you get the idea hopefully
Old 10-19-2007
Registered!!

Jutty is on a distinguished road

I come from the offroad world as well...so far i have tinted all my windows and my reverse/turn signal lights...a huge help on improving the look is wheels...ill be putting some new wheels on ext week...its amazing how much they make your car change. also you can look into the HFP lip kits, they look damn good...
Old 11-01-2007
Registered!!

PLENTYofCARS is an unknown quantity at this point

i have a friend who kept his stock headlamps on his si, but got an HID conversion kit, with ballasts so he wouldnt blow his electrical system..which costed him around $160 and they look damn good too, SUPER BRIGHT..just a suggestion instead of dropping some bucks on projectors. and yes, rims make a car look real purdy! tints are usually a solid choice, as long as theyre not limo black, aka cop magnet, at least here in NY.

heres a page where they have all honda factory parts, from what ive read thru (which i admit wasnt too much), the prices dont seem to terrible.

http://www.hondapartsunlimited.com/schonda/jsp/home.jsp

heres another page that may help, or at least give some ideas for your modding desires.. haha

http://www.prostreetonline.com/

i got some stuff off http://www.procivic.com/ also..these sites should be some kind of help, and if not, sorry, i tried
Old 11-04-2007
Registered!!

Thank you guys you have been alot of help. Those pictures sold me on the 30% tint. My buddy just got whacked in his ranger hes at like 10% or something.... cost him a dui over some stupid tint. I've got rims I do like on the factory ones.... May buy some new ones next summer but our roads are wickedly unforgiving on anything low pro. The projectors I found on ebay about 150.... The problems are 1 are they gonna be "plug and play" 2 How can you simply run the halo's? bmw's look sick with em... and 3 I think the all chrome will look gay with a black grill black bottom silver car... I like the factory black they put in the headlights and they are bright as ****. Any opinions on the ebay foglights i've been seeing? anyone instal them yet? I think some fogs, tint, maybe some of those MUG lip covers... would enhance my car.....

Finally as a side note.... has anyone been in there civic and had girls/older ppl have to double take your ride mistaking it for possibly a high priced audi, bmw something like that? I've had girls think i'm drivin a car 2 times as expenseive..... kindda makes me wanna strip off the big H on the front lol