8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

06-07 Si Problems

Old 07-30-2007
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vtak07 is an unknown quantity at this point
06-07 Si Problems

Just got my red 07 si coupe about a month ago and i've got all kinds of annoying problems.
1. Suspension makes a popping sound when turning, or going over a bump.
2. When the engine is cold, third gear grinds and pops right back into neutral.
3. Excessive rattling from the drivers door panel and rear abs side panel.
4. Cd player takes excessive amounts of time to eject a Cd.

I just took my car to honda today, they said it will be there for a few days. They just put out a TSB on the suspension about 2 weeks ago so atleast they know how to fix that problem. I just have been hearing about a lot of people that have problems with their si's third gear so when I get my car back ill let you guys know whats going on.

They gave me a Chevrolet aveo rent-a-car
The following users liked this post:
Si Society (07-09-2020)
Old 07-30-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jenndubSI is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 06-07 Si Problems

hey. the third gear on the si's are ****ed. =i though that they would have fixed the transmission for the 07's. mines does it all the time whether the engine is hot or cold, and then it always grinds. did they put in a new transmission for free? because it should be under warranty but im waiting to get a new one once i have more miles on my car.
Old 07-31-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by jenndubSI
hey. the third gear on the si's are ****ed. =i though that they would have fixed the transmission for the 07's. mines does it all the time whether the engine is hot or cold, and then it always grinds. did they put in a new transmission for free? because it should be under warranty but im waiting to get a new one once i have more miles on my car.
Just went back today to pick up my car. They said they didn't notice anything wrong with the third gear but thats a bunch of crap. I have to take it back again in about a week so they can fix my suspension since they didnt have my parts in. I'll be complaining about the third gear once again when i go back because there is no reason it should be doing that on a brand new car.
Old 08-01-2007
Registered!!

jenndubSI is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah, there have been articles about the third gears in the re-design with it popping out or in mine you have to throw it in third gear really far in order for it to stay in gear. i would definately be in the dealership bitching everyday if i were you.
Old 08-01-2007
Registered!!

SLICK_SI is an unknown quantity at this point

well guess what i have the same problem with the 3rd gear... they will never do anythign about it until your warranty is over. i try like 3 time but they said that i dont push the cluth in all the way. but **** grind like a bitch and now sometimes 2nd gear too.. so GOOD LUCK. if they fix your gear LMK ASAP
Old 08-02-2007
Performance Parts

KaotiK TrendZ is on a distinguished road

The 2nd and 3rd gear probs are notorious on ours as well as rsx-s trannys. there is no end all solution. I had my dealer replace the 1-2 gear syncro set, shift fork, 2nd gear, and install the new mtf. This has seemed to help a lot. I notice occassionally the grind going into second when in vtec, but it has helped a lot. again, there is no end all fix at this time.
Old 08-02-2007
Performance Parts

just wait until your car starts pulling to the right.......
Old 08-02-2007
Life Begins > 6800rpms
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold

im waiting for the 08s and hoping that the trans is fixed. the rattles are just part of owning a civic. the spring poping is a new one though...
Old 08-02-2007
Performance Parts

yea, i had no prob with my oem springs and i have no prob with my tein s techs either.

The trans can be somewhat resolved, like mine.

The pulling, no solution yet.
Old 08-03-2007
Registered!!

yeah, my third gear is getting worse and worse everyday, anyone solved the problem yet? its really getting annoying.
Old 08-05-2007
Registered!!

bm91100 is an unknown quantity at this point

so weird, I just had that happen to me tonight twice, engine was kind of cold and when going in to 3rd it just started to grind and would not go in, my foot was on the clutch to the floor, I thought it was just me, then I saw this thread. ****, I hope this doesnt evolve, I will keep an eye on it, I had noticed that 3rd for some reason seemed a little funky compared to the rest, I thought it was just me, but now I will pay more attention.
Old 11-04-2007
Registered!!

marioz is an unknown quantity at this point

i went to the dealership today about 3rd gear, its pissin me off cuz its almost like there is 2 gears while driving most of the time it just slips right in but sometimes u have to push it in or it will pop out also HONDA DOESNT DO LOANER CARS? i was told by the dealership that they dont provide a loaner even though my **** is under full warrantee? is this true?
Old 11-04-2007
Registered!!

KenB is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by marioz
i went to the dealership today about 3rd gear, its pissin me off cuz its almost like there is 2 gears while driving most of the time it just slips right in but sometimes u have to push it in or it will pop out also HONDA DOESNT DO LOANER CARS? i was told by the dealership that they dont provide a loaner even though my **** is under full warrantee? is this true?
Honda doesn't decide to give loaners or not. That's up to the dealer. My Honda dealer gives me a loaner as long as I ask for one when I schedule the appointment.
Old 11-04-2007
Registered!!

ok i guess i will just call the dealership and ask, im guessing they didnt want to give me one cuz it was saturday. sucks to hear that 3rd gear is a problm on these cars that isnt really fixable
Old 11-04-2007
Registered!!

PLENTYofCARS is an unknown quantity at this point

my 3rd gear doesnt pop out ever, but once in a while i have to wait that extra second on the clutch to get it into 3rd..but ive gotten used to it.
and in regards to a loaner car, i got offered 1 when i brought my car in for a big job (the DOHC sticker was ripped during transport so i got a new 1 put on) infact they said ok we have 3 loaners to choose from, and gave me a choice..i guess every dealership is different
Old 11-04-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by KaotiK TrendZ
The 2nd and 3rd gear probs are notorious on ours as well as rsx-s trannys. there is no end all solution. I had my dealer replace the 1-2 gear syncro set, shift fork, 2nd gear, and install the new mtf. This has seemed to help a lot. I notice occassionally the grind going into second when in vtec, but it has helped a lot. again, there is no end all fix at this time.

how much fightin with the service advisor did you have to do before they would replace all these parts? also you think that would help out with my 3rd gear if i had all that done to mine?
Old 11-05-2007
Registered!!

SiMiranda is an unknown quantity at this point

I have an 07 Si and have a similar situtation with my 3rd too. When i was learning on it, i upshifted into 3rd and let the clutch out when i wasn't in third completly. So now, sometimes it is alittle sluggish going into third. Usually happends within 10 min of a cold start. Not so bad that there is grinding though.
Old 11-08-2007
Registered!!

jedo20 is an unknown quantity at this point

I just bought an 08 Civic SI coupe maybe a week ago and so far no trouble. Maybe they fixed the probs from 06-07.. or at least I hope so.
Old 12-06-2007
Registered!!

stlblues13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jedo20
I just bought an 08 Civic SI coupe maybe a week ago and so far no trouble. Maybe they fixed the probs from 06-07.. or at least I hope so.
Ditto brother! I just picked up my 08 Si Sedan last night and I am going to be really pissed if this is still a problem!
Old 12-07-2007
dlm
Registered!!

dlm is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm having issues shifting into 3rd as well. I don't think it's quite a severe as some cases, I've learned to more or less compensate by shifting into that gear very cautiously, so I don't actually grind very often. I can feel that it isn't fully engaged. Most of the time it feel notchy going into 3rd. I've had it in to the dealer twice, and they've test driven it and say they notice nothing abnormal. Has anyone else had this problem with their dealer? What did you do to get them to work on it?
Old 12-07-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

call corporate honda and complain about the dealership and how this is a safety issue. they will call the dealership and tell them to fix the car the next day.
Old 12-07-2007
Registered!!

jbarbeau is an unknown quantity at this point

My Si 2007 Sedan is all Fxored up.

Third gear is starting to do what you fellas are describing, grinding when I downshift.

I have rattling in the back and now on the passenger side

my ac compression keeps cycling on ever 20 seconds even when the ac isnt on

I have a pull to the right when it should be driving straight.

I cant drive the car unless its just about fully warm (normal operating temp)

and I have a squeak from the front that sounds like a rubber duck when the car is cold related to suspension I think.

I'm not taking **** SHI* anymore! I'm getting a new car and thats the end of it. I'll let you guys know what happens
Old 12-09-2007
The Wierdest and Funniest Mofo 7th Gen Has Ever Seen As Voted

_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of

Damn I own a damn 1997 Tercel and it has a smooth as butter tranny..!!!

WTF I paid 1 900 bucks for it it has 250 000 KM's and it runs like new.......

WTF !!!! Honda people ...Take a god damn Toyota tranny apart and make it similar for god's sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just my 2 cents
Old 12-14-2007
Registered!!

DvlshAngel985 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've had the same problem with the rattling noise in my 07 coupe. Sounded like a popcorn machine since day 1. I've taken it to the dealership twice, and all they've told me is that the noise in my car is less than in most others. It still drives me crazy, cuz I can still hear it even when I have my rock music playing.
I heard the noise problem exists in some of the Accords as well.
Old 01-04-2008
Registered!!

kdub604 is an unknown quantity at this point

Took my 07 Civic SI into service today. I explained to my dealership the same problem and they said that it's because the MTF ran cold and needs to warm up. They said they can't do much since its up to factory Honda if there is a recall and that the dealership have to get the info from factory Honda's bulletin. When I got my car back from service factory Honda updated the bulletin of this problem. To make a long story short. Honda recommended a transmission flush and replaced it with new transmission fluid. I believe they used a new formulated MTF. I hope this helps everyone.

Last edited by kdub604; 01-04-2008 at 02:12 AM.
Old 01-05-2008
Registered!!

///Bruce is an unknown quantity at this point

I just picked up my son's Si and was told that should I have problems with it jumping out of 3rd gear to bring it back and the 'fix' is to change out the tranny fluid... We'll see.
Old 04-02-2008
Registered!!

JGranados is an unknown quantity at this point

my friend is a tech at honda and he said that if my tranny acts up they just have to change the tranny fluid.... weird... i guess people are starting to find out the fix.... hope mine doesn't act up... i ordered it last night. should be here within a week
Old 04-05-2008
Registered!!

Sibaby is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Re: 06-07 Si Problems

Ya the whole third gear thing is a big deal...I think it was something like a bunch of Si owners out in cali went after honda for a recall or something for it. But I just bought an '08 Si sedan. So far so good. I mean its still a honda transmission. As for rattling no problems at all. And the thing rides on rails for stock suspension.
Old 05-12-2008
Registered!!

Kenny_si is an unknown quantity at this point

my 2007 Honda Civic si slips out of 3rd gear if any one know how 2 fix it wright back
Old 05-12-2008
Registered!!

Kenny_si is an unknown quantity at this point

my 3rd gear is sliping 2 if some one could help find out how 2 fix it , it would be cool

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 06-07 Si Problems