8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Best Cold air intake and exhast 07 si

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Disguised29 is an unknown quantity at this point
Best Cold air intake and exhast 07 si

there has been alot of different options thrown out to me and im wondering whats the best im looking for the most horse and a nice sound not rice load but if a lot of power then sure i was thinking injen for cold air and dont know for exhaust skunk? not sure yet so anything will help
Old 07-29-2007
Registered!!

bm91100 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Best Cold air intake and exhast 07 si

Originally Posted by Disguised29
there has been alot of different options thrown out to me and im wondering whats the best im looking for the most horse and a nice sound not rice load but if a lot of power then sure i was thinking injen for cold air and dont know for exhaust skunk? not sure yet so anything will help
having my injen cold air intake installed this week, tried to do it myself but you have to remove the front bumper which is a major process that I was not willing to undertake. I will let you know how it is, I am looking to do the exhaust next, but not for some time, so if you find any good info, pass it on. Good luck
Old 07-30-2007
Registered!!

Disguised29 is an unknown quantity at this point

ya i did some research and im going with the injen and a skunk exhaust but im do it myself ive learned alot putting in my friends turbo in a rsx type s its not too bad putting in a cold air
Old 07-30-2007
Registered!!

bm91100 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Disguised29
ya i did some research and im going with the injen and a skunk exhaust but im do it myself ive learned alot putting in my friends turbo in a rsx type s its not too bad putting in a cold air
If you go with the Injen CAI, you will have to remove the front bumper, cause the resonator box which has to come out is behind the bumper in the front wheel well, thats the only thing that is really tricky about putting it in, My father was a mechanic, so I did most of it myself, but when it came to removing hte front bumper, I passed on that, cause i didnt want to mess up all those dam plastic clips and then have to order new ones, so I am having my installed by a place that specializes in these type of installations. good luck.
Old 08-01-2007
Registered!!

SLICK_SI is an unknown quantity at this point

Well i have a AEM CAI, and it sound pretty good. but require alot of work for installation. i think all CAI is hard to install. but work pretty good and havnt got any problems with it. the position if the CAI, you cant suck in any water or have an engine seize. also i have a honda factory tune exhaust (JDM) and custom catback. both together sound so nice. not too loud, and not so quiet either. SOUND really good. when Vtec hits, you will definetly feel and hear it.
Old 08-01-2007
Life Begins > 6800rpms
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold

the k&n typhoon is a sri and k&n claims 10 hp gain from it.
Old 08-02-2007
Performance Parts

KaotiK TrendZ is on a distinguished road

I am not impressed with the CAI. I have had the CAI and SRI. I prefer the SRI. The CAI had a little lag at the lower (take off) rpm's but would pick up at the midrange rpm's. The SRI does better at the lower rpm's. So I stuck with the SRI and sold my CAI. K&N claims that just like everyone else claims an increase. You can pretty much do the samething as the K&N with any other SRI, minus the heat shield. If you go with a SRI, just leave the lower portion of the factory intake tubing. Just take out the upper and lower portion of the box and the tubing from the box to the throttle body/manifold.

As for exhaust, its really up to your preference on what type of sound you are looking for. I have sold a lot of skunk2 exhausts and next on the list would be the greddy evo2. I personally have the evo2 and love it, but again i sale more skunk2's than evo2's.

Let me know if I can be of further help.