8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

07 si engine upgrade w/ out voiding warranty

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07SIttinonchrom is an unknown quantity at this point
07 si engine upgrade w/ out voiding warranty

does anyone know what i can do to increase horsepower, other than an air filter and not void warranty? thanks fellas
Old 06-19-2007
Registered!!

Ebay Master is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 07 si engine upgrade w/ out voiding warranty

Get an Air/Fuel Ratio Tuner and go get someone to Dyno and Tune your car for you.

On most of the new Toyotas (yes Toyota, not Honda) you can see a gain of 10-15whp just by leaning out your A/F Ratio.

But most Factory Tuned cars come with a Rich A/F Ratio, so get someone who knows what they are doing to Tune it and you should see a noticable gain.
Old 06-20-2007
Registered!!

firmhonda is just really nicefirmhonda is just really nicefirmhonda is just really nicefirmhonda is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sujak
you CANNOT VOID a warranty this way, only have the warranty DENIED. it will not be VOIDED.
eeeeggggzactly. You're warranty will still be in tact after you install an aftermarket part. If anything goes wrong with your car and you have to take in on warranty work they have to prove that it was that aftermarket part that caused the failure or break that made you bring the car in.

For example, you put on a CAI and your transmission fails.. warranty is still good and your transmission will be fixed for free.
Old 06-25-2007
Registered!!

07SIttinonchrom is an unknown quantity at this point

cool thanks fellas
Old 06-26-2007
Registered!!

BTRobertson is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 07SIttinonchrom
does anyone know what i can do to increase horsepower, other than an air filter and not void warranty? thanks fellas
I was going to ask the same question. I saw that GReddy makes a turbo kit for the 2007, but that would obviously void the warranty. I was fearful of doing any upgrades, too. K&N makes a filter for the car, but otherwise it's not very tunable since it's so new. That's my guess anyway.

I would love to eventually add a turbo and exhaust system to the car once the warranty nears its end. The GReddy kit adds 55hp without having to replace the stock parts on the engine. For $3,200, that's not a bad deal. Adding that much hp to an already fast, light car would be insane, but freaking awesome.
Old 06-27-2007
Registered!!

firmhonda is just really nicefirmhonda is just really nicefirmhonda is just really nicefirmhonda is just really nice

You think the greddy kit is nice?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...17829908&hl=en

I took that vid.. the car is a damn screamer now. It has an ajp stage 2 kit, which is supposed to lay down 376 whp @ 8.5 psi.. he hasn't dyno'd it yet so I can't say what he's laying down, but the first thing he beat was an srt4 without downshifting.. if that says anything.
Old 06-27-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by firmhonda
You think the greddy kit is nice?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...17829908&hl=en

I took that vid.. the car is a damn screamer now. It has an ajp stage 2 kit, which is supposed to lay down 376 whp @ 8.5 psi.. he hasn't dyno'd it yet so I can't say what he's laying down, but the first thing he beat was an srt4 without downshifting.. if that says anything.
I don't have any turbo kit so I'm not sure which one I like. The GReddy was the first I've seen made for the 2007 model, so I assumed it was the only one available. I'll check out the AJP because 376 wheel HP is unreal.

Question: what other upgrades were required for the car to be able to handle that much HP and torque? Exhaust, pistons, header, crank, etc? I'm assuming exhaust and header are required for any turbo, but what else? Mind giving me a price estimate/range? Thanks!

I'm trying to download the vid on a very slow Internet connection (working at a client site who has a$$ speed); once I watch it I'll let you know what I think.
Old 06-27-2007
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

OMG that SI is amazing
Old 06-27-2007
Registered!!

It is. I just watched it and it's freaking fast. I found the AJ Performance website and that turbo kit is $4,299, plus you'd need an exhaust system and the electronics, at least, I would think. Still, for $5,500, a 173 whp gain is incredible.
Old 06-27-2007
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

^^^^ $5500 plus the cost of replacing your tires every couple of months.... sooooooooo worth it
Old 06-27-2007
Registered!!

hehe...yeah well, I'm not ready for any of that cost just yet. One day, though.
Old 06-27-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

from what i heard and read a little while back... if u have mods, they have to prove that it was the mod that cause the malfunction or what not, before they deny ur warranty coverage.

From Robbclark
1) If something causes a problem, it voids the warranty for that part. You lower the car and you snap some endlinks, the warranty is voided. If you put a CAI intake on and your transmissions busts, your warranty is NOT voided but the dealer will try to tell you it is. They are full of crap.

2) Some dealers install aftermarket parts that won't void your warranty. Because they are dealer installed, they warranty their work.

Some larger mods like turbos, nitrous and superchargers will automatically void the whole powertrain.

If you mess with any wiring, be prepared for a nightmare with the dealer if something breaks.
Old 06-27-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

what the heck!?
Old 06-28-2007
Registered!!

Yeah, there are a few ups and down about going with the ajp kit. Anything putting down that amount of power needs to be able to be tuned.. but not tuning capabilities are avaliable for the fg2/fa5 yet so there's problem #1. Also, quite a few people have had complaints regarding AJP's customer service. Granted, they're a very small company just trying to get off the ground with a kit making insane numbers, but from what I've seen they do try to right whatever goes wrong, for what it's worth at least.

The greddy kit is conservative(sp) at best, but it also seems to be very reliable. When it first came out I read about a whole lot of people being unhappy with the performance for the money, but now everyone seems to be happy. I don't know if that's because they changed anything, or if bitchy people just stopped bitching. Supposedly Cybernation was working on a turbo kit for the fg2, but I have no idea what happened with that.

Here's a post that I made over @ another forum, maybe it will help a little:
All Jap Performance fg2 kit - from what I've come across this is the best buy. With the optional upgraded turbo and 3 inch exhaust it hit somewhere around 375 whp.

http://www.ajperformance.com/product...ucts_id=137789

RedShift Motorsports Supercharger for fg2 - RedShift has also released stage 2 and 3 upgrades for this kit

http://www.redshiftmotorsports.com/

Jackson Racing Rotrex Supercharger for fg2 - page has link to dyno also..

http://www.supercharger.com/Shop/Vie...eIndexID=56783

Comptech Supercharger kit - They are working on releasing stage 2 and 3 upgrades right now. If I'm not mistaken this kit is Carb certified.

http://www.comptechusa.com/store/product1543.html

Greddy Turbo Kit - This kit hasn't yielded good results from what I've seen. I posted 2 links since greddys page didn't have all that much info.. the 2nd link is from 8thcivic.com and was posted by someone who had his greddy kit installed recently.

http://www.greddy.com/products/displ...SubCategory=15
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showt...eddy+Turbo+Kit
Granted, comptech is no more (at the moment), and that's a damn shame considering there was a list of dealerships that would still fully honor the warranty after the blower was installed, but I guess good things always go bad.
Old 06-28-2007
Registered!!

Oh, also, the ajp kit will end up getting pricey after all is said and done. The feeling of being in an ajp boosted fg2 is pretty damn kick ***, but my friend has ended up spending a pretty damn penny on the car to get everything right.. and he still has a couple of things that aren't right. I guess that's the fun of trying to add 200 whp to a car that was meant to be n/a.

[edit] Oh, and last I checked.. ajp had hit 500 or so whp on stock internals with the stage 2 kit. The only thing that is different is the boost cut was removed for their track car. I still haven't seen any good times for this kit, but no one has really run their ajp boosted si yet for some odd reason.. well, no one that I've seen.

Last edited by firmhonda; 06-28-2007 at 02:00 AM.