8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Just bought a brand new Civic SI coupe.

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07SILee is an unknown quantity at this point
Just bought a brand new Civic SI coupe.

I just got my car about three days ago. Mom thought it'd be a nice car for college and stuff.. but of course she got ripped.. BAD. They charged 2k for a "limited availability" charge For that much money I could've gotten the damn navigation system.

Jeez.

Anyways though. Any recommendations for what I should do to my new Civic Si? Im still in the break in period.. so yea. Any products I should use to clean it that is really nice? Oh and about the premium gas thing. Which stations should I use? Cause I read through the manual and it said something about how some gas stations mix some methanol or something in their gas that could damage the engine. I just filled up at BP and thought that was a good place to get gas. And any good interior stuff to clean little scuff marks on the interior?
Old 05-31-2007
Registered!!

firmhonda is just really nicefirmhonda is just really nicefirmhonda is just really nicefirmhonda is just really nice
Re: Just bought a brand new Civic SI coupe.

Most people have been using the mothers interior cleaner (something like that) to clean up those scuff marks... I have no answers about the gas station thing, I would just hit up a chevron and fill that bish up. Also, what color did you get? I've seen an fbp fg2 (si coupe) waxed with zaino and that **** was amazingly shiny. If it were my car, I would probably just get some Meguiars Gold Class cleaning products and get after it.

Just some advice.. I would get a 3m clear bra ASAP. The paint on the 8th gens (06-07) is retardedly (is that a word?) thin and it chips easily. Also, I would get some wax on it soon too.. the more protection you have for that wax paper paint, the better. But damn the paint on the new 'vics looks good.

Hope that helps a little. Oh yeah, and are you planning on throwing some rims on it or what? If so, there's a guy on another forum (my best friend) that's selling a set of Rays Daytona 707's rmc dipped.. never been mounted, fresh tires that have never seen the road either. They've only been taken out of the box to check and make sure they were the right ones.. he ordered 2 sets so he could have one for daily driving, and one for show and decided that he was just going to get rid of them instead... stupid if you ask me, he had to wait like 4 1/2 months for them to come in from japan.
Old 05-31-2007
Registered!!

07SILee is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know about the wheels. I've got the Pilot tires on there. But yea its Fiji blue or whatever it is called. But yea its pretty nice. I just can't believe they charged 23 or so for the base price. Its nice though. Great audio. Can't exactly do anything fun until a few more hundred miles just to be on the safe side.
Old 05-31-2007
Registered!!

firmhonda is just really nicefirmhonda is just really nicefirmhonda is just really nicefirmhonda is just really nice

You'd be suprised at what some dealerships were trying to get out of those cars in 06. When I was planning on getting one I had a dealership call me and say "Hey man, we've got a black 06 si with navigation coming in in about a week and we're willing to work a deal with you since you've been the most interested. Now, with us throwing on the Honda aero kit, the Honda performance rims, and the locking lugs, we'll let it go for $27,000."

He waited after saying that like I was going to thank him or something.. I just laughed my *** off and hung up the phone. $27k for a civic?!?? That's used STi territory.