8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Good Deal or not?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
itzdavid0h is an unknown quantity at this point
Good Deal or not?

I just wanted to post this because I kinda regret not getting the SI and getting the EX. Well heres the story. I made a deal with the dealers around my area. I made a deal 2007 Civic Si for $19,398(include shipping fee) + lic/tax and 2007 Civic EX for $17,500(include shipping fee) + lic/tax. BOTH DEALS WERE UNDER INVOICE! And I was reading some other forums and ppl bought their SI for about 23k out the door... I payed about $19,200 out the door for my EX. Wat do you guys think? And how much did you guys pay for your cars?

Last edited by itzdavid0h; 05-25-2007 at 01:33 AM.
Old 05-29-2007
Registered!!

Stykman is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Good Deal or not?

I paid $19,800 out the door for a 2007 EX sedan, including tax and license, and got them to throw in a cargo net and some touch-up paint. That also included the alarm they install on their cars at that dealership, for $200. They sell those for about $600 but forgot to disclose this before I showed up to finalize the deal so they left it on at a discount.
Old 06-15-2007
Registered!!

civicsi75418 is an unknown quantity at this point

i paid about 21k for my 07 si sedan, the sticker said 23k but the salesman was my friend so i got it cheaper
Old 06-15-2007
Registered!!

Bronwyn031 is an unknown quantity at this point

Feel lucky.
Southern California (land of over inflation) on the 06 Si when they first came out.
25k out the door fully loaded (Nav and Summer Tire Package) with a upfront admittance of a 3k mark up.
I tried and and tried from Feb 06' to even find a Si in a 300 mile radius.
Same across the board at the time,... "We rarely get them and as soon as they come in they get bought... sorry. Would you like to come down and place a deposit and get on our waiting list?"

Gave up and went to local Toyota dealership to look at the Scion when I looked across the street towards the adjacent Honda dealership just as a car-carrier semi pulled in with two Si's on the back.
Habanero Red one (no Nav) was reserved and a Galaxy Grey one (with Nav) was suppose to be the showroom piece wasn't reserved.
Ta-Dah,... bought on the spot even with 3k markup.
Didn't care and it's been a wonderful union ever since

Felt special and got plenty of compliments at 1st,... now a year later I'm seeing more and more Si's throughout my valley. Compliments still roll my way just not as much now.

B2F_
Old 06-15-2007
Registered!!

Plink is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by itzdavid0h
I just wanted to post this because I kinda regret not getting the SI and getting the EX. Well heres the story. I made a deal with the dealers around my area. I made a deal 2007 Civic Si for $19,398(include shipping fee) + lic/tax and 2007 Civic EX for $17,500(include shipping fee) + lic/tax. BOTH DEALS WERE UNDER INVOICE! And I was reading some other forums and ppl bought their SI for about 23k out the door... I payed about $19,200 out the door for my EX. Wat do you guys think? And how much did you guys pay for your cars?
As far as markups are concerned, nobody's going to pay your markup when/if you sell later. Once you pay that, it is definitely lost. Perhaps California is different. I would never pay a markup. If I really wanted the car, I would be relegated to waiting a year or two and buying used. All personal preference here but I do consider that the markups exist only because people will pay them. If everyone didn't, there wouldn't be such outrageous markups.

Secondly, we got a similar deal on our EX (which I am pleased with) but it seems the deal on your SI was *really* good. Personally, I would consider this a minor factor and the bigger factor being the goal of getting the car you want. We wanted the more fuel efficient car and weren't quite interested in a sedan with mega horspower, fancy wheels/paint (they are awesome), sport seats/coverings, and higher insurance. Great car...just not a priority for us (we're previous Civic Si owners so we do love them, btw).
Old 06-16-2007
Registered!!

Bronwyn031 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Plink;4203056]As far as markups are concerned, nobody's going to pay your markup when/if you sell later. Once you pay that, it is definitely lost. Perhaps California is different. I would never pay a markup. If I really wanted the car, I would be relegated to waiting a year or two and buying used. All personal preference here but I do consider that the markups exist only because people will pay them. If everyone didn't, there wouldn't be such outrageous markups.

Not sure if Plink was referring directly to my post in regards to the markups.
I wouldn't expect to sell my car (if I did) with the markup I paid at purchase. No one would in good sense make a deal like that on a used car unless they were coo-coo for coco puffs just to get their hands on a used Honda Civic Si.
I paid the markup on my purchase because I really wanted the Honda Civic Si.

I knew the cars were highly sought after and that dealerships were shipped limited numbers and once in couldn't keep them in stock.

Settle for something I didn't really want or pay the extortion and pad the pocket of the general manager and salesperson. Hmm, Ying versus Yang.
It all boils down to supply and demand. Just how much people are willing to pay to get something they really want.

In conclusion, to land a Si under 20k is by all means a stellar deal, kudos

b2f_
Old 06-17-2007
Registered!!

GERSI is an unknown quantity at this point

I just bought a 4 dr SI for sticker. Dealer wanted to add $1,000 because he said availibilty is limited. I said I had an out the door price and if he couldn't meet it I'd leave and go buy a GTI.
Old 08-27-2007
Registered!!

adishman should not be trustedadishman should not be trustedadishman should not be trusted

we payed $23.117 otd for a EX coupe 5 speed and gap and 100.000 mile warranty the only asm 5 speed EX coupe i could find within 300 miles...
Old 11-07-2007
Registered!!

huntersteve61 is an unknown quantity at this point

18,750 For a 07 Ex 5 spd coupe, found a totalled one with nav but I understand the switch would be a real bitch to do soo i'm not doin it.... thats the price though, salesman wasa client
Old 11-08-2007
Registered!!

Connie is a jewel in the roughConnie is a jewel in the roughConnie is a jewel in the rough

So, it sounds like anything under 21K for an Si is a good deal then? Or am I reading this wrong? My mom is looking for a daily commuter and I had a great experience with my Vic.
Old 11-11-2007
Registered!!

freed0m5 is an unknown quantity at this point

I got my 07 Lx coupe for a little over 16000 out the door. Pretty good, >_> i think? seems fine to me for a base manual lx and a reliable gas saving car.
Old 11-11-2007
Registered!!

KenB is an unknown quantity at this point

$20,100 for an '07 Si-dan.
Old 11-11-2007
Registered!!

rockybalboa11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by freed0m5
I got my 07 Lx coupe for a little over 16000 out the door. Pretty good, >_> i think? seems fine to me for a base manual lx and a reliable gas saving car.
'bout the same for me, except its an '08, automatic and a 4door

its a nice car that is well worth its price