8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Possible new Civic Hybrid Owner...

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sunsetguy04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Possible new Civic Hybrid Owner...

Hi, right now I have a 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS and where I am living, Portland Oregon, gas is $3.31 a gallon. I can no longer afford the gas with my eclipse and have been researching the 2007 Civic Hybrid. I was wondering if there is anyone out there that could give me any sort of information on them. Like whether you like it or not, what problems you have been experiencing, or specific things that you love about it. Anything would be helpful and I would be greatly appreciative. Thank you.
Old 05-03-2007
Registered!!

KCblackVP will become famous soon enoughKCblackVP will become famous soon enough
Re: Possible new Civic Hybrid Owner...

If you buy a new hybrid, thats a fat *** car payment.. if you have a cheap eclipse you might as well keep it because with the increase in car payment,. you've got a higher car payment even if you are getting higher MPG. Weight out the costs of keeping the eclipse and paying for the gas for your eclipse, and then find out your monthly payment on a new civic hybrid. Just my two cents man, lets us know what you decide!
Old 05-06-2007
Registered!!

GroceryGetter is an unknown quantity at this point

If you're that concerned about gas prices, buying a hybrid is ironically not for you.

Calculate how long it would take for the premium of buying a hybrid to cover a given amount of time spent buying gas.
Old 05-22-2007
Registered!!

PHX_Civic is an unknown quantity at this point

All previous points are true... payment vs. gas pump savings is something definetly to consider. The car payment I had before plus the savings at the pump pretty much was a wash for the increase payment. So... my deciding factor as to why I purchased my hybrid for not only the gas savings but here in Arizona, Civic Hybrid owners are allowed to use the HOV lanes which is a huge advantage for me since I commute accross the valley each day for work.

As for the car in general... it's not bad. Realistically, I get about 38mpg. Also, don't expect to have a ton of power; it has a hard time getting out of it's own way, especially when your Hybrid battery is low. Otherwise, the car is great getting you from points A to B. Its nice to know your are doing your part to reduce emission levels... :-)