8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

'07 Civic DRL's

Old 02-20-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
spmonty24 is an unknown quantity at this point
'07 Civic DRL's

Do you guys know if you can make adjustments to the angle of the DRL's without adjusting the angle of the headlights?

Just bought my civic about a week ago and the driver side DRL is angle lower than the passenger side, causing one to look dimmer than the other. Looks obvious driving down the road. Any ideas? the dealership seems stumped...
Old 02-20-2007
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute
i thought drl's used the same bulb as the low bearms?? i dont' understand how this could be happening either. have they tried a new bulb?? or maybe it is dimmer than the other one?? maybe in drl mode, it's getting less power than the other side?? some type of issue with the drl circuit??
Old 02-20-2007
Registered!!

the DRL's on my civic use a different bulb. They checked the power to the bulbs and the bulbs themselves, all is normal. I checked the angle of the beam against my garage door, the headlights are perfectly aligned but the PS DRL is angled higher than the DS DRL. I wonder if it is just a faulty headlight assembly and needs replacing?

My concern is if they align the DRL's then the Headlights will now be off of alignment given that they are part of the same assembly.
Old 02-20-2007

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute
maybe there is a defect in the housing, either the bulb socket or the reflector. they should try replacing the whole assembly next.
Old 02-20-2007
Registered!!

Yeah, i'm hoping that they will, given that the problem seems cosmetic. Thanks for the help
Old 02-20-2007

you could argue that it's not a cosmetic issue, but one of safety. the point of DRLs is visibility, and if they're not pointed in the right direction, they're not doing their job. try that one if they give you any crap about replacing it.
Old 02-20-2007
Registered!!

excellent point, I will bring that up, thanks
Old 02-20-2007
Registered!!

Ambulance, thanks for the help. Turns out it was the bulb. Somehow the bulb got bent slightly, probably by somebody in production. Took 3 dealerships to figure it out though.
Old 02-20-2007

Weird. Would have thought the first thing they would have done is replace that. Oh well, glad you got it fixed.