8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

07 LX impressions

Old 02-08-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tumbleweed is an unknown quantity at this point
07 LX impressions

My new 07 LX is now 3 months old and has 8000 kms on it. I have to say I am not really impressed with this car.

- engine is smooth, quiet, and has enough pep
- fuel economy is good
- I like the 2 level dash design
- controls are well placed

Dislikes:
- car is noisy - way too much tire and road noise (car was also undercoated which is supposed to cut noise by 65%)
- rough ride
- can't steer it on an icy road. Asked for an alignment and they blamed the tires. Bought new MichelinX Ice tires. Made a slight improvement but still is almost impossible to steer on ice. I believe the front wheels are towed out. They said alignment is not covered by warranty and will only align it if I pay.
- automatic locks only unlock the drivers door when parked. No option to change this and I find it very annoying as do my passengers.
- has developed a loud clunk in the right front. Sounds to me like a strut but haven't had it back to the dealer for this yet.
- headrests are uncomfortable for most people
- car is light grey. Have a few small rock chips and they show up like crazy because the primer is very dark grey.
- my knee rides against the emergency brake handle

Those are my impressions of this car at this time. Maybe they will change as time goes on. I bought this car because of it's ratings and Honda quality. So far I am disappointed. Comments?
Old 02-09-2007
Registered!!

plastics is an unknown quantity at this point
I am happy with my 07 EX

I have a 2007 Civic EX Sedan and is very happy with it. It is now 2.5 months old, with 6,000km on it.
The engine is smooth and give decent mileage, especially on the highway (46 mpg).

As far as steering on ice is concern, I have not fitted snow tires on this car as the steering and traction is fine in light ice and snow with the standard Goodyear RSA all seasons. My last car was a Rear wheel drive and it was impossible to drive in the ice/snow, even when I put all Michelin X ice tires on.

I agree with you on the automatic door locks, that only opens when you turn the engine off....that feature, Honda can dump.

The headlights are a bit dim but that can be fixed with simple replacement to Silverstars.

Otherwise, it is a great car for me.

Plastics
Old 02-17-2007
Registered!!

SPCivic07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey,

I have had mine for about 2 months now and I love it....
The only thing that I have a problem with are the head lights there kinda dim and theres no trunk opener from the keys but you can get the silverstars
Old 02-19-2007
Registered!!

Tumbleweed is an unknown quantity at this point
My economy is similar to yours with 46mpg highway. I am pleased with that, and it's the main reason I chose this car. Guess I will have to pay for an alignment myself, and will get the right front clunk checked at the same time.
Thanks for the replies.
Old 02-21-2007
Registered!!

spmonty24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Tumbleweed
- automatic locks only unlock the drivers door when parked. No option to change this and I find it very annoying as do my passengers.
actually you can program the locks to open both the driver and passenger side door when parked. Check your manual. I have an '07 LX and reprogramed the feature the day after I bought it. I believe the fatory setting is for only the drivers side to unlock.

I do agree with the knee hitting the handbrake comment.
Old 02-21-2007
Registered!!

Stick is an unknown quantity at this point
Good find spmonty24

I have auto lock and unlock on my Tundra, and got used to having both doors unlock when I turn the key off. Everytime I go out in the garage to open up the passenger door on the Civic, it's still locked and I have to go around and unlock the door. I had read the manual from cover to cover, but it only mentions the A/T model and not the manual, so I skipped over this part. Tonight, I read the post and immediately went to the garage and tried it out and hot dog, it works with the manual too. Thanks.
Old 02-21-2007
Registered!!

Stick is an unknown quantity at this point
LX 5 spd coupe 1000 mile impressions

I am very pleased with my new Civic LX coupe. Yes, the tire noise is a little loud, but I will do what I did with my wife's TSX, and put Falken Azenis tires on it when the first set wears out. They make a huge difference in road noise. The front glass takes a bit of getting used to and I still haven't found a sun shield that is big enough. I like the two tier gauges, especially since I leave my house in the dark every morning, and I don't need bifocal lenses to read the speedo.

In 1994, I bought a new Civic EX coupe for $14,600. It had 125 hp, no factory security system, no side airbags, no ABS and no steering wheel mounted cruise control. It had a moon roof that I opened about 6 times in 4 years, but that was the only thing that it had that my new Civic does not have. My 07 Civic cost me $15998. Thirteen years later, for the difference of about $1400, I got a lot more car. I have driven 1087 miles and used 29.856 gallons of gas. That, if my math is correct (and I am a math teacher) works out to 36.41 mpg. The worst mileage was on a tank that I filled with premium by accident (force of habit, my SC'd Tundra requires 92 octane). It was only 35.01 mpg. I'll stick with 87 octane.

I see an advertising surge for these smaller cars such as the Honda Fit, Toyota Yaris and Nissan Versa that cost the same as my Civic, are smaller, and get equal or less mileage. What's the attraction?

Stick