8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

i need help installing a remote starter on my 07 civic si

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pock3ts is an unknown quantity at this point
i need help installing a remote starter on my 07 civic si

i got a new 07 civic si sedan and want to get a remote starter installed. i had on on my old car ( 01 saab 95). but i was told by my guy installin it that he needs specific instructions. Can anyone give me step by step instructions on how to install it including bypassing the clutch and everything else i need?

thanks in advance
Old 01-02-2007
I need a drop
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

thefever is a jewel in the roughthefever is a jewel in the roughthefever is a jewel in the rough
dont bypass the clutch, whatever you do. take it to a professional shop. if the person installing it now needs specific instructions, i wouldnt let him put it in.
Old 01-02-2007
Registered!!

christmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by thefever
if the person installing it now needs specific
instructions, i wouldnt let him put it in.
Agreed, r/s in a manual shouldn't be approached lightly. There has been some good recent discussion on this topic.
Old 01-02-2007
Registered!!

savedadogs is an unknown quantity at this point
Remote start on a manual car is dangerous if not done right. If I were you I would not do it.
Old 01-02-2007
omgwtfbbq mod.

spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all
dont do it....remote start is gay and pointless anyways....
Old 01-02-2007
I need a drop

thefever is a jewel in the roughthefever is a jewel in the roughthefever is a jewel in the rough
^ I wouldn't go as far to say that. It's more of a comfort feature. If you don't want your *** to be freezing when you get in, or burning up when you get in, it's nice.
Old 01-03-2007
Registered!!

pock3ts is an unknown quantity at this point
its not pointless i was jw if anyone has instructions on how to do it cause i have a professional guy putting it in he just wont do it on manual transmission unless he has specific instructs because if he messes up his company could technically be screwed
Old 01-03-2007
I need a drop

Take it to a different shop. Those are the instructions. I wouldn't want a guy installing my stuff that needed directions that I have to hunt down for him. Take it to another shop and see what they say.
Old 01-03-2007
omgwtfbbq mod.

spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all
Any shop that knows what they are doing wont do a manual anyways.....its just not safe.
Old 01-03-2007
Registered!!

aaron_c is an unknown quantity at this point
I thought it could only be done on the very few manual trans. vehicles that had didn't require the clutch being pressed to start it, like some of the old 'Yota trucks. I was told by a local shop that other than that, it can't be done. And say you do get it, you'll have to leave your vehicle out of gear when parked, and you can't ALWAYS rely on your parking brake alone...I've learned that from experience, lol, my truck stays in gear when parked now.
Old 01-04-2007
omgwtfbbq mod.

You can do it to any car. Some cars require a module and some dont. At Best Buy (where I work for my 2nd job) they had to do a module bypass on my buddies 350z. It can be done, it just depends on the parts needed.
Old 02-16-2007
Registered!!

youthinnasia is an unknown quantity at this point
The clutch interlock switch can be very easily bypassed in a matter of about five minutes. The procedure is indeed very straight-forward. After removing the plastic trim over the pedals, simply disconnect the clutch interlock switch from the wiring harness and jump the harness end, so that the circuit is always closed. I had done this one my 2005 for the purpose of more easily starting the car without having to sit in the driver's seat.

The interlock mechanism itself is a simple OPEN / CLOSED push-button switch that's engaged only when the clutch pedal is pushed to the floor. Because the interlock switch operates independently, such a modification will not affect the vehicle's operation during regular driving (the clutch position sensor that functions to inform the ECU as to when the clutch is engaged / disengaged is another switch altogether). However, if attempting this modification on your own car, be mindful that there are TWO clutch switches -the interlock switch, which is triggered (usu. CLOSED) only when the pedal is pressed all the way to the floor, AND the clutch position switch, which is triggered (usu. OPEN) after the clutch has been depressed only 1 inch or so.

That said, anyone considering this modification should use extreme caution. Vehicle manufacturers install clutch interlock switches on all manual transmission vehicles as a safety precaution -and with good reason! Even with the parking brake in place, the vehicle's starter has enough torque to launch your car unexpectedly forward or backward, potentially into another parked car, a structure -or even worse -a pedestrian! Due to this risk, I highly doubt that you will be able to find a reputable shop that will make such a modification to your car, as they could be liable for any ensuing damages that resulted from such a mod.

Moral of the story... if you really have to have a remote start on your manual transmission vehicle, you're going to have to install it you self [or find someone with the ***** / stupidity to do it for you].

PLEASE BE CAREFUL.
Old 05-09-2007
Registered!!

Ussel28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: i need help installing a remote starter on my 07 civic si

R/s on a manuel car can be done and be done safe you just need to have a magnetic switch on the shifter so that if the car is not in nutral the car wont start so that will avoide you accdently starting your car in first gear or at least at thats what my friend did.

Last edited by Ussel28; 06-16-2007 at 12:54 AM.
Old 05-09-2007
Registered!!

christmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of light
Re: i need help installing a remote starter on my 07 civic si

Originally Posted by Ussel28
you just need to have a magnetic switch on the shifter so that if the car is not in nutral the car wont start
Easier said than done over the life of a vehicle. I know of someone who had this 'safety' set up and over time something shifted and boom, his car right thru some convenience stores' front windows. Not a good sight.

I always recommend an r/s designed for manual (compustar for example) or the addition of the Peripheral NSS to any other r/s.