8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

2006 Civic LX A/C problem?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Loader462 is an unknown quantity at this point
2006 Civic LX A/C problem?

Greetings,

I am an owner of an '06 LX w/AT. I am experiencing some issuses with the A/C system on the car. When I accelerate I can feel the temperature of the A/C get significantly warmer (A/C is on coldest setting), and when I back off the gas or get to a cruising speed it temp. cools back off. This happens at any throttle position, not just hard acceleration. I have taken it to the dealership and they looked at it and originally said that this is not normal for the car and they will take a look at it.
So I get a call from the service center and they tell me that everything is normal and it is controlled by the computer to save gas/increase performance by shutting off the compressor during acceleration/increased load to the system. They even go as far as saying that they test drove another civic (brand new) and it does the same thing.

Can somebody tell me if this is actually a normal "feature" of this car or is the dealership just feeding me some bull as to try and shut me up because they don't know how to fix it.

Thanks,
Derek
Old 11-11-2006
Registered!!

06CivicHybrid is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Loader462
Greetings,

I am an owner of an '06 LX w/AT. I am experiencing some issuses with the A/C system on the car. When I accelerate I can feel the temperature of the A/C get significantly warmer (A/C is on coldest setting), and when I back off the gas or get to a cruising speed it temp. cools back off. This happens at any throttle position, not just hard acceleration. I have taken it to the dealership and they looked at it and originally said that this is not normal for the car and they will take a look at it.
So I get a call from the service center and they tell me that everything is normal and it is controlled by the computer to save gas/increase performance by shutting off the compressor during acceleration/increased load to the system. They even go as far as saying that they test drove another civic (brand new) and it does the same thing.

Can somebody tell me if this is actually a normal "feature" of this car or is the dealership just feeding me some bull as to try and shut me up because they don't know how to fix it.

Thanks,
Derek
the dealer is got giving you bull my new 06 Hybrid does the same but the manual also states that it is computer controlled.I usually just experience it (turn off) during hard acceleration or if driving above 60 MPH it will turn on and off continuosly. and the car has been doing this since the day i got it and right now it currently has about 2K miles on it and its 2 1/2 months old.
Old 11-12-2006
Registered!!

kero is an unknown quantity at this point
My 06 LX sedan does this too and from what I have read and hear, it's a feature of the car and is suppose to be normal.
Old 11-20-2006
Registered!!

rkansal is an unknown quantity at this point
Even I have noticed this thing... looks like normal as said by other people also.