8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

How to connect 4 channel amp to factory HU?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nanduca is an unknown quantity at this point
How to connect 4 channel amp to factory HU?

Hi All,

This has been a great forum. Thanks to everyone who contributed.

I'm a newbie and has some questions.

I have a 06 EX Coupe with premium sound (without Nav). I'm trying to add Infinity Basslink II to the factory HU. As you all know Basslink II also has the 4 channel amp output for the speakers.

Now here are my questions.

- How do I get 4 channel signal for Basslink II amp? The amp takes in both RCA and speaker level inputs. But the HU doesnt have RCA out.

- For the front speakers, where do I connect the amp to? To the tweeter or to the woofer? Does anyone know the location of crossover?

- I know that there is a factory amp. Can I bypass the factory amp and get the signal to the basslink amp? Ideally I would like to retian the steering controls.

All ideas apreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-13-2006
Registered!!

05blkrs is an unknown quantity at this point
ok the factory amp does make this a bit trickyer.... contact the manufacturer of the basslink to find out how to compensate for the "factory amp setting" because that means your factory radio has little or no factory amplifying power.. you may have to bypass the amp which i can get into if need be later on...

ok so to connect an amp w/ speaker line inputs, the way i do it is first, i remove the radio.. next you need to determine which wires are the speaker wires.. pm me for this info if you like, i have access to a wiring database.. next you will cut each speaker wire (preferably one by one) and atatch one length of wire to each end of the cut. the end from the radio connector will go to the line input of the basslink II and the other wire will go to the output but you must make sure you connect the correct wire (right front + to right front + etc etc) or you will fry your radio, bass link II and speaker.... (at least it's possible..) after you do this for all 8 wires, you will need to connect the bass link II's power and ground etc etc (i'm not familiar w/ the product so i dont know all the wires..) and then adjust the settings.. and then re-install the head unit.. gl w/ this and remember pm me if you need a color coded wire schematic for the speaker wires...
Old 11-21-2006
Registered!!

Ultraman is an unknown quantity at this point
You will get a cleaner signal to your Basslink if you connect the speaker lines rather than through a RCA jack. I plan to connect my factory HU speaker wires to my OEM interface EQ then to a 4-channel amp that will power my sub and 2-way component speakers.