8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Considering an 06...

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
imported_Ryan is an unknown quantity at this point
Considering an 06...

Hi,

I was at the dealership yesterday looking around and a salesman introduced me to the 06 civic ex coupe (silver). From the outside, it looked very sharp and I am one of those people who cannot buy a vehicle that doesnt have eye appeal/possible eye appeal. The only thing I did not like was the front of the car. The hood seems too short and the windshield seems too big. It reminds me of my grandma's hybird. I just don't like the look, I am still debating if its something I could grow to like/get over. If I did get one, I'd definitly do some major tinting to the front windshield to try to reduce how big it seems, regardless of any law lol.

So I told the guy I would check on an insurance rate and maybe get back with him. Then I came home and found this forum. I was surprised when I saw the thread about multiple owner's having an issue with a noise in the front of the car. Also, I found some threads with A/C complaints. So I guess what I am wandering is if its even worth it for me to still consider the 06 civic. Thanks
Old 09-17-2006
Registered!!

AT Shifter is an unknown quantity at this point
Ryan,

I posted an AC issue with my 2006.

It's just like any other car, issues come up and either one accepts them or pursues them with the dealer.

I have been purchasing Civic's, all EX's since 2000.

All I can say is that I believe that the Civic is one of the best cars on the road, in it's class.

One has to have an attraction to a vehicle before purchasing it.

If it meets one's expectations, then the purchasing consideration becomes more justified.
Old 09-17-2006
Registered!!

kero is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi,

Regardless of some of the issues I am having with my canadian built LX sedan, I still love the car.

My car is more noisy that having true mechanical issues and I am sure once honda finds out some of the problems causing them, they will hopefully put out some recalls so all of us.
Old 09-17-2006
WLH
Registered!!

WLH is an unknown quantity at this point
I previously posted an issue with clunking form the front passanger side. Once I changed my rims it went away. I was luke warm towards my civic when i first got it but now I love the thing. I have no real complaints and I am quite happy. My only regret is I did not have the funds to grab an EX. I wnat the 4 wheel discs and they do not come on the LX. Brakes work great but I am looking to go with a few performance upgrades and 4 discs are better then 2
Old 09-17-2006
Registered!!

HondaLuke is an unknown quantity at this point
You'll find "complaints" on any vehicle

Finding complaints in a forum is normal. It is normal on any vehicle. People are much more likely to do something (like post on a forum) when something goes wrong than when something goes right. Consider finding forums on other vehicles (especially vehicles in their first year of a redesign) you will find a much greater number of complaints. Honda is a great company, the civic is a great car, and most people love their new civic.
Old 09-19-2006
Registered!!

Wadely is an unknown quantity at this point
get it

The 06 is amazing take a look at some pics of them that people have dressed up a little, if you dont like the big windseild get a silver 4 -6 inch sunband at the top that will make it look amazing. Its a great car.
Old 09-20-2006
Registered!!

seattle911 is an unknown quantity at this point
Forums are by nature a place to post issues.
FWIW, my AC has been fantastic.
Old 09-21-2006
Registered!!

X026092 is an unknown quantity at this point
Get it

I picked up one in August 2006. The later builds seem to have worked out most of the bugs. Also the 06's are cheaper than the 07's, which are coming out. You might be able to make a better deal on last year's model.
Old 09-21-2006
Registered!!

thebighappyhouse is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a 2006 Civic EX 4 door...slate blue, fancy rims, sunroof...

I LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!

Got mine for $18, 235 in CA.

Have them throw in the XM radio..it will cost you $900 if you want it.
Old 09-23-2006
Registered!!

d3crypt is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm not WILD about the snubby nose... but it has grown on me now.

Originally Posted by Ryan
Hi,

I was at the dealership yesterday looking around and a salesman introduced me to the 06 civic ex coupe (silver). From the outside, it looked very sharp and I am one of those people who cannot buy a vehicle that doesnt have eye appeal/possible eye appeal. The only thing I did not like was the front of the car. The hood seems too short and the windshield seems too big. It reminds me of my grandma's hybird. I just don't like the look, I am still debating if its something I could grow to like/get over. If I did get one, I'd definitly do some major tinting to the front windshield to try to reduce how big it seems, regardless of any law lol.

So I told the guy I would check on an insurance rate and maybe get back with him. Then I came home and found this forum. I was surprised when I saw the thread about multiple owner's having an issue with a noise in the front of the car. Also, I found some threads with A/C complaints. So I guess what I am wandering is if its even worth it for me to still consider the 06 civic. Thanks
Old 09-23-2006
Registered!!

92lx is an unknown quantity at this point
i hated hondas for the longest time because i could stump them with out a problem with my 85 supra but then i got a 92 civic and did all my own work to it and my 85 supra didnt have a chance .sence then i have bought 5 other hondas and plan on buying a crx soon .hondas are the most reliable cars on the road and the best for performance upgrades .if you like it buy it.
Old 09-23-2006
Registered!!

pico is an unknown quantity at this point
I dont worry about the "stubby nose"...
Most people only see my tail lights anyway!

The clunking noises seem to be sedan specific. I havent read of any coupes having the problem. But any make/model has some bad parts out of the box occasionally. Its a really fun car. I also owned a 2001 civic coupe ex and this generation is on another level. But ultimatly YOU should love the look. IF not, there are tons of great cars now in this class...Mazda 3, Scion TC, Corolla s, Cobalt ss, ect. Or get a smokin deal on the last of the Acura RSXs. Test drive them all!