8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

seatbelt minders

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zuck6977 is an unknown quantity at this point
seatbelt minders

does anybody know how to turn off the seatbelt minder? i dont mind wearing it but i hate having my 2006 civic ex, telling me that i have to put it on.... if anybody knows how help me please?
Old 08-14-2006
Registered!!

mateo150 is an unknown quantity at this point
can't do it, this really pisses me off as well.
Old 08-15-2006
Registered!!

bigman32hockey is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree. This is a major annoyance. I think it's crazy that even the passenger has to have theirs buckled as well. It's a good idea if you WANT to be reminded. It's a terrible idea if you DON'T!
Old 08-15-2006
Registered!!

civic_dx-g is an unknown quantity at this point
first of all, i hope to read in the headline "passenger thrown out of car" about all of you folks. Secondly, I am guessing that if you are not bright enough to wear a seatbelt you are probably not bright enough to figure out how to disable the minder.
Old 08-15-2006
Registered!!

05blkrs is an unknown quantity at this point
ok man you dont have to call everyone on there stupid.. a life that's not smart enough to wear their seatbelt while driving is a life not worth saving in my oppinion but that doesnt' mean you should be "yelled at" by your car if you're sitting in your car w/ the a/c running looking for something in the glove box and can't reach w/ your seatbelt on.. i love seatbelts, and anyone riding in my car is required by me to wear it.. but if you really must disable the minder, just unplug it from the buckle.. if it is only two wires, stikck a paper clip in the openings and electrical tape it on.. if it is more than 2 wires, i dont know what to tell you because i'd have to do it myelf first...

in no way am i saying you should go do tis, and i will not b e held responsible for any damages to the car incase it doesnt' work or is done impropperly and i will also not be held responsible for any injuries due to not wearing the seatbelt...
Old 08-15-2006
Registered!!

maybe it's just mine, but they don't chime when I am parked (even if the engine is running)
Old 08-16-2006
Registered!!

sotony is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah, me neither

It chimes once when I start the engine if I don't already have the seatbelt on. After that, it chimes periodically if I drive without the seatbelt on. That's only happened once, because I always drive with my seatbelt on. I was navigating around an underground parking garage and the chime went off once or twice. So, you know what I did? I put my seatbelt on.

Sarcasm aside...does anyone know if the chime will go off if someone is in the passenger seat and not wearing their seatbelt?
Old 08-16-2006
Registered!!

it should.. there's a weight sensor in the pass. seat that tells the computer when there's something over like 5 lbs in the seat.. and on my mazda if there was something there and no seatbelt on, it turned the airbag off automaticly
Old 08-16-2006
Registered!!

bigman32hockey is an unknown quantity at this point
Never said I didn't wear my seatbelt. What I said was the reminder chime is annoying. More importantly, anyone who says they wish to read about someone being thrown from a car is somewhat sick in the head. Just my persoanl opinion though.
Old 08-16-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by bigman32hockey
Never said I didn't wear my seatbelt. What I said was the reminder chime is annoying. More importantly, anyone who says they wish to read about someone being thrown from a car is somewhat sick in the head. Just my persoanl opinion though.
i bear the same opinion about people who think that seatbelts are useless or should not be worn or (as some people in another forum on this subject) conflict with their personal freedom as embodied in the NH's motto of "live free or die"

One would think that the seatbelts and their reminders are there for a good reason, both to help the occupants' safety and to eliminate another potential source of Honda's liability for something like "failure to warn that seatbelt was not properly fastened".
Old 08-16-2006
Registered!!

yes but that doesn't mean that one shouldn't be able to disable it at their leisure because i know that i dont need a minder to remember to save my life... i understand if honda has to put it there legally when the car is made, or even if just for liability reasons, but there should be a way to disable it.... that's just my oppinion
Old 08-20-2006
Registered!!

mateo150 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by civic_dx-g
first of all, i hope to read in the headline "passenger thrown out of car" about all of you folks. Secondly, I am guessing that if you are not bright enough to wear a seatbelt you are probably not bright enough to figure out how to disable the minder.
Aren't you the model of civility. Ok then genius, how do you disable the minder without buckling the seatbelt? I wear mine most of the time, but I make 3-4 stops per street to leave information at customer's doors, this makes for 100-500 yd drives in low traffic volume communities (your typical suburban development). I don't buckle up for these short trips, its a pain in the **** to buckle up when I'm gonna be getting out again in 5 secs after driving 15mph; the mailman doesn't buckle up for these sorts of trips, why don't you get on him? Anyway, I Know If you have that absolutist mentality, your not bright enough to figure it out either. I hope someone slits your throat while you sleep.

There are a ton of very good reasons why the seatbelt-reminders should be optional. One solution for those of you who don't wear seatbelts at all, buy a seatbelt clip and just attach it.
Old 08-20-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by mateo150
Aren't you the model of civility. ... I hope someone slits your throat while you sleep.
aah, yes, the good old civility
Old 09-23-2006
Registered!!

d3crypt is an unknown quantity at this point
I think the chime is VERY ANNOYING but thats why it WORKS! I ALWAYS buckle up now instead of putting it off, and sometimes never buckling up. I usually buckle up anyway, but when i forget it reminds me and I appreciate that. I can imagine some ppl would be annoyed that refuse to buckle up... but since I'm not afraid of death so much as being PERMENANTLY DISABLED I choose to buckle up and increase my chances of being able to satisfy the ladies... if ya know what I mean