8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Alternative fog lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Squally is an unknown quantity at this point
Alternative fog lights

Hello to all, I am new to the forum. I bought a Galaxy Gray LX coupe last week. I would like to add fog lights to my car but the price of the Honda kit is ridiculous. Has anyone tried the kits sold on e-Bay? One in particulr has glass lenses, looks like the factory kit, uses an OEM switch (they claim) and is $90 including shipping. I have seen OEM Honda kits selling for $215 with shipping which is not bad but still more than twice as much. Just wondering if anyone has tried one of the cheaper kits and if so what are your impressions.
Old 12-15-2006
Registered!!

plastics is an unknown quantity at this point
fog lights for 2007 Honda Civic EX

just bought 2007 Honda Civic EX.

Where does the Fog Lights go?

Plastics
Old 12-15-2006
Registered!!

southerndragoncivic is an unknown quantity at this point
If you have the sedan, they go inside of the air dam. (personally i don't like the way it looks. It looks half-arsed.). If you have the coupe, they go in the small alcoves on either side of the air dam (a much more "finished" look if you ask me).
Old 12-17-2006
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hilorains is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Squally
Hello to all, I am new to the forum. I bought a Galaxy Gray LX coupe last week. I would like to add fog lights to my car but the price of the Honda kit is ridiculous. Has anyone tried the kits sold on e-Bay? One in particulr has glass lenses, looks like the factory kit, uses an OEM switch (they claim) and is $90 including shipping. I have seen OEM Honda kits selling for $215 with shipping which is not bad but still more than twice as much. Just wondering if anyone has tried one of the cheaper kits and if so what are your impressions.
I would ask seller for a complete parts list and compare it to the OEM parts list. Go to http://www.hondapartsdeals.com/honda...Fog_Lights.pdf for the OEM parts list. Also check feedback for others who bought the kit.
Old 05-31-2007
Registered!!

dmcbride is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Alternative fog lights

Talikng of driving (fog) lights. Does anyone know how to make the lights independent of the headlight switch. On my Tacoma it is a jumper in the fuse panel under the hood that adds the ground the switch takes away. Works great.
Old 07-27-2007
Registered!!

disp230 is an unknown quantity at this point

I got my jdm Fogs (clear) from k2motor and they dont look all that bad. Kinda has to grow on you, but anyway they plug into the existing harness and with little mechanical skill can be done by a diy er. Switch also fit into the dash next to the tracion contral like a glove. Just make sure that the plug is securely attached in the switch
Old 07-29-2007
Registered!!

metroplex is an unknown quantity at this point

Will the 06-up 2-door foglights from K2motors fit the 06-up Si Coupes without any problems? Are they really OEM-style foglights or are they Chinese knock-offs?
Old 08-01-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Originally Posted by dmcbride
Does anyone know how to make the lights independent of the headlight switch.
No need to get complicated. Hook them up like the OEM instructions say, but before wiring the switch up, just pick up an after market switch, a simple on off will do, and modify it to fit in one of the knock out switch panels. From here you have three prongs to connect wires.
1) power in
2) power out
3) ground

Fairly easy.
Old 08-07-2007
Registered!!

Gros Loup is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by disp230
I got my jdm Fogs (clear) from k2motor and they dont look all that bad. Kinda has to grow on you, but anyway they plug into the existing harness and with little mechanical skill can be done by a diy er. Switch also fit into the dash next to the tracion contral like a glove. Just make sure that the plug is securely attached in the switch
Just saw the same fog kit and was wondering if I would need to cut the front grill of the car to install them (It's a 2007 Civic EX 4 doors) or if you just put them over the grill.

Do you need to remove the bumper to install them?

Is the provided kit complete or did you have to buy some extra parts?

When they are saying that it connects to the existing harnest, does that mean that even if my civic did not come with fogs, that the wiring for it is already there?

Cheers,

Gros Loup
Old 08-25-2007
Registered!!

11sec70dodge is an unknown quantity at this point

bought the e bay ion lights 70 bucks shipped. no instructions and the screws were wrong, the switch is also black and does not match the dash. will change the switch later, they do look good and did install well