8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Civic Car-Care

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sloguy48 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Civic Car-Care

John,
Well... there I was on the internet looking for some advice about the four very small dents I collected in the rear door of my Brand New Dark Blue Civic. First I found the forum and signed up, and then I read my first post...yours. Suddenly I no longer felt alone. What a coincidence! So... now I guess I'll look around the forum and see if I can find out what the general consensus is about dents.
I want my car to look good... but you can't travel through the world without getting banged up a bit. I hear that there is a thing called paintless dent removal...
Old 08-07-2009

lovely09 is an unknown quantity at this point

I know the feeling you have.I remember my first brand new car from my savings in which i don't want to see any little scratch.It feels like it's my first investment after all.You need to get the touch up paint immediately and fix the scratch,as much as possible avoid making it happen again.
Old 01-07-2010
Registered!!

sdafins is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: here are some pics of the scrapes

if you are somewhat handy, and since the damage is on the bottom, give it a quick sanding with fine wet/dry paper, mask the area, and get some honda or dupli-color matching spray touch up paint. give the area a few light coats. keep the area that you paint limited to the area of damage--don't make it bigger than it is. it won't look perfect, but it will look better than trying to touch up the entire area with the typical tube and paint brush.
Old 05-10-2010
Registered!!

bearcrkrd is an unknown quantity at this point

I m new here, and am completely lost. Car Care is washing, waxing, cleaning the Interior, etc... No one has posted since 1/07/2010?? That's the last entry on the third page. Why would I want t look at a 2006 entry first, at the top, anyway?? What does changing yor Spark Plugs fall under?? The Thread titles or points they are trying to get at are strange at best..... tell me I'm wrong, please. How do you search here. Nobody changes spark plugs, oil, air filters, adjusts rear drum brakes??? I h ave a 2008 Civic LX 4dr 5at. 53,000 miles. Spark plug change is at 105,000 or 110,000 miles. Any problem with doing it about now (55-60,000) muself? What's the Gap, just to check, should be preset. Thx
Old 05-10-2010
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Washing, waxing, and cleaning ARE car care, spark plugs, oil, and stuff like that fall under maintenance I'd imagine.

You can change spark plugs whenever you want, no harm in doing them early. Only use Denso or NGK spark plugs, and the gap should be preset at the factory, but you can check them if you like. Be particularly careful if your checking the gap on Iridium plugs, the electrode is VERY fragile. The gap is supposed to be .44
Old 05-10-2010
Registered!!

bearcrkrd is an unknown quantity at this point
Civic Car-Care

Thx. I hadn't Googled or talked to anyone about it, but thought that fancy tip might be fragile. I did run across a post on the 'Net somewhere that showed using anti-sieze compound on the threads and a white high temp Lube on the ceramic part of the plug, with a touch put into the boot?? Is that the norm for a 08 LX stock ride?
Old 05-10-2010
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

I always put a small dab of dielectric grease on the tip of the spark plug. The tip that connects to the boot. I don't put any on the boot itself because it really isn't necessary. You can put anti seize compound on the threads if you like, I never do it and have never had any problems removing the spark plug. Just make sure you torque them to no more than 20ft/lbs. Honda recommends 14ft/lbs but that's probably not enough. 20ft/lbs is a safe number.

I also never check the gap on Iridium plugs. I used to do it but they were always bang on. If the gap is wrong the car will run crappy, so you will know to regap them. I've never had them be wrong.

#Remember!!! : Do it when the engine is cold, there are consequences if it isn't.

Last edited by BlueEM2; 05-10-2010 at 09:12 PM.
Old 08-02-2010
Registered!!

usmcpowerman1 is an unknown quantity at this point

So i picked up my brand new 2010 EX-L last week and i go to get in the car today and i notice a stain on the back of the drivers seat i tried to wipe it off with meguires leather cleanere conditioner wipes but it wont come off any ideas what to do?!?
Old 08-02-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

what kind of stain? you need a leather cleaner, not just a detailer that keeps them clean.