8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

2006 Civic Noises

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
phantom-civic is an unknown quantity at this point
thought i'd update everyone: my civic was still making noises until a branch fell from a tree and took out the rear window, i went to the shop and she was repaired, when i got it back the noise apeared to be gone; however all work that was done at the shop had nothing to do with the suspension, simply dent removal, glass, and paint. Although the noise appeared to be gone i took it to the dealer anyway to have the suspension replaced, since they had told me to do this before the branch happened. They said the suspension was fine, but they replaced it anyway, but there was a clamp that had broken on my rear deck, and they replaced that. I know that the rear speaker enclosures had to be replaced b/c of the branch and the dealer might have done it for me instead, but the noise has seemed to stop.

Bottom line: i don't know if the noise stopped because a branch knocked my suspension back into place, if the dealership replaced a bad suspension, or if the noise was just the sound of a new car working itself in...any way if you have the same problem ask the dealer to replace stuff, or just wait a while.....don't throw a branch at our rear window
Old 07-18-2006
Registered!!

kero is an unknown quantity at this point
My LX is chock-full-o-noises but my plan (since the car was checked twice with no solution) is to wait to about 10,000 miles (curretly at 2700). By this time, either the parts that are making then noise might fail and or the dealer by that time will know why we are having some many noises in the front and rear ends.

I have noise both in the front and rear ends. Some rattles, some clunks, some I can't explain.

No mechanical problems as of yet so for now just noises.

Oh, sorry about your car, how much damage was there??
Old 07-19-2006
Registered!!

97_hatch is an unknown quantity at this point
What's up phantom-civic..

Didnt think I'd see you here..
Old 07-27-2006
Registered!!

Terry Wright is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation may be motor mount

I am a 2006 Civic owner. The mysyterious noise may be the top engine motor mount. Honda is working the problem but has no solution. See my post on this site under 2006 Civic for more ...

---
Originally Posted by bigo
I brought a new automatic 2006 Honda Civic LX and it's got about 6800km on it. At about the 5000 mark I started hearing noises from the front passenger side tire when ever I went over a bump. I brought it to the Honda dealership where they replaced my drive shaft. Luckily it was under warranty as it was a $6000 job. The noise was still there so they replaced my struts. After that the noise was still there. I talked to the mechanic who worked on my car & he said that he didn't really know where the noise was coming from and that by replacing those parts he thought it would fix the noise.

I’m now hearing noise from the front left and ride tires and now underneath where the shifter/hand brake is.

The mechanic basically told me that until Honda releases reports on known problems and how to fix them, he really can’t do anything. Really frustrating. Does anyone have the same problem?
Old 07-27-2006
Registered!!

what up 97-hatch, yea some of the guys a customcivics said to come here for some 2006 civic specific questions.

as far as damage the insurance co. said there was $2,000 worth, but when i got the car back as i think i put in a forum somwhere there was even more damage!!! overspray and remaining scratches, so it back at another shop, a guy i actually trust and i have yet to see a bill to sign off on for insurance. figure that the costs were new rear window, removal of dents from roof (maybe two) and scratches/paint on the roof and rear quarterpanels.
Old 07-28-2006
Registered!!

Phantom, trust me when I say I think must of us are having similar issues with our cars and the noises.

I can count on 2 hands how many different clunks, rattles, and other odd noises coming from my Canadian built LX.

I don't drive with the radio off anymore as I get annoyed very quickly, espcially at the right front end CLUNK over certain bumps and pot holes but not all the time.

The cold morning clunk when pulling out is also especially disturbing but goes away once the car warms up.

With regards to your car, just curious how damaged the roof was as I thought once a roof is damaged, they total the car because the roof is an intergral part of the safety bubble created by a unibody construction. My info might be old though.
Old 08-02-2006
Registered!!

it had a couple of dimple in it, nothing crazy, but they still had to be taken to a body shop to be rolled out....closest thing i can compare it to is when a shopping cart hits the side of your car....i don't if it was lucky or unlucky but the main part of the branch went through the window it was smaller sticks/arms that damaged the body

and the bill for the re-done work for overspray and scratches was $1,700.00 US, but baby is back and looking like new once more....THE LOVE IS BACK!!!!! lol
Old 08-02-2006
Registered!!

Well at least your have her back, enjoy her and make sure after you let the paint completely dry, usually 6 months from what they told me on my 05 subura impreza that got nailed a few months ago, wax the paint with a good quality wax to protect the new paint from weather, etc.
Old 08-31-2006
Registered!!

marichi is an unknown quantity at this point
bigo, it is a problem

I got an LX 2006 civic sedan. Loved that car! However, after the second day away form the dealership it made the same rattling sounds. Was in the shop for 14 days (twice) during the first month I owned it b/c the dealership already had replaced the front struts w/c were DEFECTIVE, but still could not find where the noise was coming from. Honda corp (I opened a case) offered me a deal: 8yrs/100000mi warranty for free if I release them from the front strut failures they acknowledged the car had. So, it IS definitely a problem that no one knows how to solve yet. I finally traded in the car after 600mi. b/c I could not stomach buying a new car with problems even the manufacturer doesn't know how to solve yet. Invoking the lemon law would have been the way to go, but would you go through all the trouble? It's not a simple as it sounds.
Old 09-05-2006
Registered!!

jhwee is an unknown quantity at this point
^ good point, and I'm sorry to hear about that.
Old 09-05-2006
Registered!!

it's gone-but i still like it

Car's gone-I don't know why I still read the posts everyday even if I have a '07 Camry now. I guess, I still and reall loved that car that 2007 Civic!!!!!
Old 09-06-2006
Registered!!

HondaLuke is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by marichi
Car's gone-I don't know why I still read the posts everyday even if I have a '07 Camry now. I guess, I still and reall loved that car that 2007 Civic!!!!!
'07 Civics aren't even available yet. How did you have one?
Old 09-06-2006
Registered!!

Ooops!

Originally Posted by HondaLuke
Sorry, typo - 06 Civic. The '07 Civic is only available as an Si Coupe.
Old 10-18-2006
Registered!!

jhwee is an unknown quantity at this point
New noise from who knows where... When I accelerate from a stop, I hear as if air is leaking in a tiny hole... Kinda like a whining. Dies out at 30mph+. Thinking it may be seals from the doors, but not too sure... Anyone?
Old 11-06-2006
Registered!!

eric101 is an unknown quantity at this point
may be you wanna change those stock parts with these Honda Performance Parts. You'll never experience those annoying noise anymore...
Old 11-06-2006
Registered!!

06CivicHybrid is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by HondaLuke
interesting you say that considering they had one at the dealer lot the day i picked up the Hybrid, it was one fo the few that had been brought in.
Old 12-13-2006
Registered!!

peekaboo is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello everyone,

i am seriously considering buying a new 2007 DX-G civic (in Canada) but this thread has got me worried.

does anyone know if anything has changed with the 07 model?

would you recommend getting something else?
Old 12-13-2006
Registered!!

xxhaimbondxx is an unknown quantity at this point
I drive 07 Civic. I also notice noises. One is a rattle from panel, while the car is cold. Other, new one, whenever I stop and park, I hear something deep inside is like rolling. If this wasn't a lease I would be pissed.
As to peekaboo: I kinda like this car and don't like it at the same time. It looks nice and slick, has few nice options, but for that amount of money, it could at least have heating mirrors. Gas is nowhere to be near promised. I don't even get near the city, although I drive mostly on hwy. Suspension is hard, and it is slow on the hwy. Other for how it looks, and the nice stereo that plays MP3s, I don't think is that big deal of a car. For the next one I hope I can afford an Accord.
Old 12-13-2006
Registered!!

Thanks for the reply.
I can't afford an accord and i am also considering a mazda 3.

I know I'm not buying a luxury car but it's not cheap (for me) either and I don't want any rattling noises.

any comments on the mazda 3?
Old 12-13-2006
Registered!!

amirh is an unknown quantity at this point
Buying a Civic or not ?!

I owned an 06 civic and now I own an 07 civic LX. I sold the first one because I got into an accident. To be honest, I had no problem with the first one(I had it up to 6000 miles). There was a very small engine noise in low rpms, and it's been resolved for 07 civics(it was really small and you had to be really nitpicky to notice it). The 07 one, up to now, has had small problems. None of them are serious. I am talking about very small squeak sounds from the dash area. I think people who complain about small interior noises in this forum(including myself ) are all car nuts and nitpicky. I know there has been some serious issues about the suspension, strut and motor mount in some cases, but I think those problems are rare. If you dig into forums for any car, you can find a lot of complaints. So, do not base your decision on this forum or any other forum. Test drive a car and see it for yourself. If you decide to buy Civic, test drive THE car that dealer is offering to you before signing anything. Make sure it is trouble free.
Old 12-13-2006
Registered!!

I guess people are picky because they pay some amount of $$$ and get a brand new car. When you get a brand new car, you expect it to be without stupid noises. If you want to hear noises, get a used car. So I kinda understand why would people complain. Mazda 3 also looks cool, but I wouldn't own it either. I had a Mazda before and found out that company was bought by Ford only after I purchased it. With that, Mazda's came out will few Ford parts here and there. In the end, you end up with paying same $$$, but get lower quality car. My line of Mazda had faulty transmissons that failed within a week of me owning that car. Altima I think is the best car for the money, I think you can get it cheaper then Civic. 07 model is very nice.
Old 12-13-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by xxhaimbondxx
I guess people are picky because they pay some amount of $$$ and get a brand new car. When you get a brand new car, you expect it to be without stupid noises. If you want to hear noises, get a used car. So I kinda understand why would people complain. Mazda 3 also looks cool, but I wouldn't own it either. I had a Mazda before and found out that company was bought by Ford only after I purchased it. With that, Mazda's came out will few Ford parts here and there. In the end, you end up with paying same $$$, but get lower quality car. My line of Mazda had faulty transmissons that failed within a week of me owning that car. Altima I think is the best car for the money, I think you can get it cheaper then Civic. 07 model is very nice.
I am just saying that Civic is not as bad as what people are saying in this forum. You have to test it yourself. I agree that noises are really really annoying, but do not expect other cars to be better than that. You can buy other supposedly noise-free cars (like jetta or mazda 3 or ...) but you might have more serious problems like transmission failure, suspension problem, etc. You might buy a high-end expensive car and still have stupid problems. As you know, 2006 civic is still one of the most reliable cars. I am neither encouraging nor discouraging anybody to buy civic, but do not decide base on what you read in forums. Forums reflect opinion of people who had problem with their cars. If my car works perfectly I will not announce it in this forum.

BTW: There is no way that you can get Altima cheaper than Civic LX. An equally equipped Altima costs about 21,000 without tax and fees, but I do agree it is really a nice car.
Old 12-13-2006
Registered!!

Altimas and Accords are expensive (but probably nice).
i've now looked at the sentra (online only).
any opinions?

it's true that one must test the car out himself but there is now way to know whether a car that seems great at the dealer's will start rattling after 3 months. the only option is to ask people (which is what i'm doing).

i've never owned a new car before and i know that any product can be defective but having to test out THE car that i am getting before i sign is strange because that implies that getting a car that has no problems is a matter of luck.
i am buying a new car because i want to treat myself to a trouble free product and not worry about someone else unloading a lemon on me. i don't want to spend my hard earned money on a car that makes noises (even if it's nothing mechanically serious).
civic reviews have not mentioned this. all they mention is the not-so-great acceleration and the not-best quietness on the highway.
Old 12-14-2006
Registered!!

One of the most important factors is if you are going to buy a new civic and they give you a test drive OF THE EXACT CAR YOU WILL BUY, not just a tester, make sure you drive it for more than 5 minutes around the block, which dealers like to do.

Test it until you are happy with it. If they say they can't, tell them, okay I will take my business to a dealer who will let me test the car until I am satisfied it's okay with me.

The around block technique is to get just excited enough to buy the car but not long enough to see if it's really right for you.
Old 12-14-2006
Registered!!

so ordering a car that will arrive at a later date is out of the question. correct?
Old 12-14-2006
Registered!!

Honestly, I would never tie myself long term to a car. These days, nomatter what kind of car you buy, cheap like saturn, or expensive like lexus, they make it last about 3 years, period. That is a term of an average lease. After that, car is falling apart. That is why I lease from now on, and make sure my warranty covers me the entire lease. I dont get why people would finance a vehicle, and in 5 years, after they paid it off, the car is worthless, plus they are replacing transmissions at 50K and a bunch of other goodies.

Haven't seen the new Sentra yet, did they have any change at all? But I would still shoot for 07 Altima. It was $199 a month for lease when I was looking and I pay more than that for a Civic. If you checking price quotes online, don't trust their online calculators. They usually are off by a big chunk.
Old 12-14-2006
Registered!!

Honestly, I would never tie myself long term to a car. These days, nomatter what kind of car you buy, cheap like saturn, or expensive like lexus, they make it last about 3 years, period. That is a term of an average lease. After that, car is falling apart. That is why I lease from now on, and make sure my warranty covers me the entire lease. I dont get why people would finance a vehicle, and in 5 years, after they paid it off, the car is worthless, plus they are replacing transmissions at 50K and a bunch of other goodies.

Haven't seen the new Sentra yet, did they have any change at all? But I would still shoot for 07 Altima. It was $199 a month for lease when I was looking and I pay more than that for a Civic. If you checking price quotes online, don't trust their online calculators. They usually are off by a big chunk.
I do not think if you buy a new civic or corolla after 5 years it becomes worthless. A 5 year old civic or corolla can be sold at least for 8K. If you are worried about the transmission failing or anything else, you can get an extended warranty(8 years 100K miles) for 800$. Paying 18K for a Civic, keeping it for 4 years and then selling it for 10K does not seem stupid to me. If you lease the same civic for 4 years, you will spend 240$ each month(for four years more than 11K). Paying 11K for a civic in 4 years does not seem reasonable to me. You can buy this car and spend way less than 11K in 4 years.

Amir
Old 12-14-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by peekaboo
so ordering a car that will arrive at a later date is out of the question. correct?
It is not out of the question, but if it has a problem [noise, ...] which is not common between all of the models, you should not buy it. So, order the car, tell the dealer that if there is anything obviously wrong with the car, I would not buy the car.
Old 12-14-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by amirh
I do not think if you buy a new civic or corolla after 5 years it becomes worthless. A 5 year old civic or corolla can be sold at least for 8K. If you are worried about the transmission failing or anything else, you can get an extended warranty(8 years 100K miles) for 800$. Paying 18K for a Civic, keeping it for 4 years and then selling it for 10K does not seem stupid to me. If you lease the same civic for 4 years, you will spend 240$ each month(for four years more than 11K). Paying 11K for a civic in 4 years does not seem reasonable to me. You can buy this car and spend way less than 11K in 4 years.

Amir
The is no way some one will give u 10K for a 4 year old civic. If you buy it from the dealers, then yes, you will pay that. But looking up a book value and actually selling for that price are two different things. Plus, new car will never cost you 18K, not if u add all the interest. When you sell ur car in 4 years, don't forget, you still owe to the bank, so substract that from selling price. I did the math every possible way, they screw you either way, I just think when you lease, you have less worries.
Old 12-15-2006
Registered!!

Leasing means less worries.

The is no way some one will give u 10K for a 4 year old civic. If you buy it from the dealers, then yes, you will pay that. But looking up a book value and actually selling for that price are two different things. Plus, new car will never cost you 18K, not if u add all the interest. When you sell ur car in 4 years, don't forget, you still owe to the bank, so substract that from selling price. I did the math every possible way, they screw you either way, I just think when you lease, you have less worries.
I totally agree that leasing equals less worries. my point is that If you sell your car after the warranty is finished(after 3 years) you will save more money comparing to leasing. You can also pay less than 1k and get the extended warranty and keep your car for 5-6 years.

Quick Reply: 2006 Civic Noises