8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

2006 EX Civic best Civic yet

Old 02-06-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AT Shifter is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow 2006 EX Civic best Civic yet

I have had my 2006 Civic EX AT 4 Door Sedan for almost three months. It was a difficult time finding one in November 2005.

For the first two months I did not see one on the road. Now I am starting to see more of them. I assume that the availabilty has improved.

I accepted a dealer trade and it had around 300 miles on it when I took posession. I took it back for some scratches on some interior plastic panels and the dealer changed them out.

I have previously purchased EX 4 door AT's; 2001, 2002, 2004, and 2005. This model surpasses all the previous Civic models that I have owned.

Nice ride, good MPG (Hwy about 37, City about 35), lots of 'goodies' and I really like the twin guage cluster. Rides nice, and no real problems experienced since purchase.

I don't like the interior trim color/texture; scratches very easily. The front head rest's are most unaccommodating, whoever designed this from the 2005 model must have been asleep at the wheel.

Overall it's a 9.5 out of 10 in my humble opinion.
Old 02-08-2006
Registered!!

TypeR is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for the review

What parts of the interior gets scratched easy, the dashboard?
Old 02-09-2006
Registered!!

Yes, the dash area is the most significant area, that I have found, that is of a dull finish and is easily 'scratched' or 'marred'.

I will eventually apply a product that I have found to be an excellent dressing (for the complete dash area and other areas); Nu Vinyl.
Old 02-09-2006
Registered!!

imported_Sam is an unknown quantity at this point
I like the spray on vinyl interior cleaners, they can also remove slight scratches and marks, yours might be a little heavy for that though.

Thought about a dash protector?
Old 02-10-2006
Registered!!

I have never used a dashboard protector/cover. I will wait until I need to do something, and then use the topping that I mentioned.

More comments about the car;

The four wheel disc ABS braking system works very well. I have noticed that the percentage of the braking wear on the rotors are dramatic from front to back. The front rotors are always shiny and the rear rotors are barely used when braking. It took me some time to get used to this car stopping rather quickly. The braking percentage, front to rear, is a factory setting.

Sometimes I feel the wind buffet the car. It may be because of the 16 inch tires? Nothing dramatic, but I don't remember feeling this from the previous Civic's that I have owned.

The cruise control system works great.

I miss the cup holder in the back. I assume that in the coming years the Honda engineers are planning to incorporate this feature.

I like where the antifreeze 'reservoir' is located, it is much easier to see the fluid level from past Civic's.

This new redesigned Civic is an Accord in disguise.
Old 02-12-2006
Registered!!

MeerKat is an unknown quantity at this point
I cant imagine 16" tyres will make you feel the wind "buffet" the car, they are not overly big.

You can always install your own cup holders, most come in DIN size.

You said brake wear is dramatic but sounds like the brakes actually work very well.
Ensure you change the fluid and bleed the system once a year or so to keep that tight braking performance intact.
Old 02-21-2006
Registered!!

twinkle can only hope to improve
Hmm.. how on earth where you scratching the dash? I can't even imagine putting anything up there to scratch it. What were you and your lady friend doing in that civic?!

Anyways, this is a hot car. Seriously considering getting one. I just think they have done an excellent job improving an excellent car line.
Old 02-27-2006
Registered!!

anteater is an unknown quantity at this point
Its easy to scratch the dash. Just putting objects on it can scratch it if the material is new.

Having the hot sun on it would not help either.
Old 11-29-2006
Registered!!

dk miller is an unknown quantity at this point
My 2007 EX sedan has cupholders in the rear seat center armrest. Are they absent in the 2006?
Old 11-29-2006
Registered!!

X026092 is an unknown quantity at this point
No, they're in the the same spot in the 2006 EX sedan
Old 11-30-2006
Registered!!

Trukfr8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Civics still hard to find

Would you believe I have been waiting 3 months for a 2007 Ex Civic 4-door with manual transmission. I can not believe this car is so hard to find. I can not find a single one with grey interior any where near Massachusetts :-(
Old 12-01-2006
Registered!!

BostonCivicGuyMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey man! I am a fellow M******* too and I bought my 06' EX Manual Coupe (Silver) last June. I travelled all over the place to find this car and got it only by luck (long story). I noticed even to this day there are very few civics on Mass Honda dealer lots so your wait does not surprise me! Good luck and enjoy it!
Old 12-02-2006
Registered!!

I have Herb Chambers, Weymouth Honda, Silko Honda, Hyannis Honda, and Boch looking for me. I can't believe it is this difficult. I have an '03 coupe now with 140,000 miles on it, I hope the '07 will be as great of a car as my '03. Honda makes awesome cars!!!!
Old 12-15-2006
Registered!!

plastics is an unknown quantity at this point
2007 Honda Civic EX

Well,
I had no trouble finding a dealer with the Honda Civic EX that I wanted. He had 2007 EX 2 dr 5 sp auto and standard and 4 Dr 5 sp Auto and Standard.
I decided on a 07 Civic EX 4 dr with 5 sp Auto and sunroof and can't be any happier. I was leaning on selecting the standard but the everyday grind of stop and go city traffic made in select the automoatic.
My last car was a 2006 Chrysler 300 which I just returned to the dealer.
The Civic handles very well, has enough pep to get to the grocery store. And gasp ! . could it be..?? almost the same gas operating cost as my BMW superbike!.
I like the car very much. After driving it for a week, my only observation for same is the stereo button on the steering wheel. The volume buttons should be where the channel button is and vice versa.
Welcome to the club!

Plastics
Old 12-30-2006
Registered!!

I finally picked up my new civic today. It is Galaxy grey (not my first choice), 4door EX. I added foglights, 16" 7-spoke alloys, mud flaps, and Ipod link. I really want the Si wing for the back, but no Honda will install it for me :-( . So I am looking for a good speed shop to install the damn wing for me.
Old 01-01-2007
Registered!!

kk21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Little Darth

Just picked up the last NEW '06 Civic EX 5-Speed Manual Black w/ tinted windows(*special order that someone couldn't wait for...His loss is my gain...). I love the tint w/ the black. I just need to find some computer mods now to make the bark and bite match. Although, the driving is already great, you can tell this little car wants to tear it up!

Only issue... the spoiler is not glued well. Think the dealership would fix this?

kk