8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Anyone have a 2006?

Old 03-27-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shishpanik is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Mmm

I have an 06 civic ex coupe in galaxy grey metallic.... here are a few pics.

Overall, the car is amazing. VTEC works great, the shifting is remarkable. The clutch is nice an easy and shifting gears is fast and easy. I've driven a variety of 5 spd (1993 Infiniti G20, 2003 Nissan Xterra) and 6 speeds (Mini Cooper S) and out of all of them this clutch was the easiest and best to use. I suggest that anyone out there looking for a civic to get the EX or Si coupe. The sound system is amazing (350 watt w/ sub) and it has a really nice sporty look and is very comfortable. It's also fairly comfortable for the backseat occupants (even though it's a coupe) and it provides headrests and armrests (w/ cupholder) for each passenger on the sides. The two tier instrument panel, contrary to what people say, DOESNT take a long time to get used to. It's very practical and you can adjust the steering wheel and brightness of the gauge cluster to suit your needs. The speedometer, digital and located close to the steeply raked windshield provides a good view of the road while being able to see how fast you are going, which really helps out, especially if you have to see when to shift (even though some people do it by tachometer or by feel). The cupholders have things on the inside to prevent the cup from spilling and to provide a supportive yet flexible space for the drink. One of my favorite things about this car is that it appears small on the outside (and makes you think it's small being a coupe), but on the inside it's very roomy, and the adjustablity of the seats is pretty good. This is an amazing car, be jealous guys
Old 03-27-2006
Registered!!

Sorry For Posting That Twice Guys I Didnt Mean To
Old 03-29-2006
Registered!!

CharlieLink is an unknown quantity at this point
Atomic Blue

Originally Posted by edward60
i am new at this civic forum stuff so take it easy on me, k? i just sold my '01 pathfinder and am seriously considering purchasing an '06 civic (preferably atomic blue but i have yet to see one on the mean streets of tucson, az. the brochure doesn't do the color any justice and the dealership doesn't have any AB civics on their lot. i love the shape of the civic. my other dilema is a toss up between the LX and the EX. i can't stand wheel covers but i want to keep my initial costs down. i wonder if it's worth it upgrading to the EX just to get the alloys. i don't download much music so the mp3 player and/or the 6-cd changer is a not a big selling point with me. this could be my first ever honda product.
I have seen the Atomic Blue, manual, LX coupe at an auto show. I ordered one of these in early February and expect it to arrive pretty soon; they have a 6-8 week lead time on it. But I think it's worth the wait (I'm keeping my '89 Chev Corsica LTZ, so I don't NEED this desperately). The color is reasonably close to the brochure, but perhaps a bit more mellow in the real world. You don't get the hard shine on edges unless you are using externally intense directed lights for photography.

Review the brochure for feature differences. I wouldn't go to an EX just for the alloy wheels. If you want wheels, they are readily available (either genuine Honda from the dealer or reseller like College Hills) or an aftermarket through someone like Tire Rack or a good, reputable local dealer (usually tire or custom shops). You can easily upgrade to a 17" wheel that way, too. I don't believe that Tucson would offer the desire for two sets of wheels (winter stock & summer custom). There is little reason to get the moonroof, all discs, 350 watt stereo, etc if you don't think those are worth the cost. Do a bit of research And think about it before you do anything too rash. There are no "right" answers, only what is best for you.
Old 03-29-2006
Registered!!

06 coupe also gets split rear seats, and rear disc brakes, which is the first non-Si civic available with 4 wheel disc brakes.
Old 04-02-2006
Registered!!

Rhonda's Honda is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Everyone,

I am new here. i just signed up, and I saw this thread.
I filled out the papers for my new Civic Si.
I don't take posession of it until May some time.
I am so stoked about this Car!!!!!!!!

Rhonda's Honda
Old 04-03-2006
Registered!!

Papers

Congratulations. The wait may be annoying, but it does provide some good time for research and planning. I ordered my LX Coupe on Feb 18 and I'm still waiting. I don't need the car since I still have one other auto that works well (and a different one with a blown head gasket). I recommend that you use the time to acquire obscure data (like bolt patterns & wheel offsets, accessories - HFP & aftermarket, etc.). I have also enjoyed reviewing the opinions, suggestions, and stories from other Honda owners. For example, what cleaners, polish & wax do you plan to use? Lots of good stuff out there.
Finally, if you haven't closed the features of final sale, be prepared for the dealer pitch on treatments, warranty extensions, added accessories. Use this time to learn precisely what they offer and what you want. Build your discipline for the big day.
Old 04-04-2006
Registered!!

sizzler is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow, lovely car.
How does the VTEC sound in these new models?
Does it still have that old classic sound?
Old 04-04-2006
Registered!!

imported_catalyst is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi first post.
I just bought the '06 EX Sedan, 5 spd for my wife. It's a great little car. Actually it seems huge inside, not luxury big but big. I took my folks out to dinner last weekend and they rode in the rear seats. They're both 6 ft and had plenty of leg room.
And it's got power which suprised me. Accelerates fast.
My last civic was an '86 so it's been a while, but i'm definately impressed and very happy with my purchase.
Old 04-05-2006
Registered!!

mixxmstrmike is an unknown quantity at this point
I forgot to add one other positive about the new Civics

I absolutely LOVE the Momo-esque steering wheel. That completely blew me away when I took my dad's LX for a spin. It's very ergonomic and thick and reminded me of a few Momo steering wheels I had on my Integra!

Kudos to Honda!

-Mike
Old 04-16-2006
Registered!!

NYrtist is an unknown quantity at this point
Picked one up a few days ago...and loving it!

Let's see if i can get some pictures to show up below.

Old 04-18-2006
Registered!!

06_si_red_deer is an unknown quantity at this point
I took delivery on my Royal Fiji Blue Si on janaury 21st and it is pure driving enjoyment
Old 04-20-2006
Registered!!

Finally got it

Well, my 2006 Civic LX 5-speed Coupe finally arrived! It's the Atomic Blue Metallic that I ordered on February 18 (2 months ago!). Because the dealer was anxious to sell something, my Sales Agent accepted a $15,900 price & ordered it for me; he was sick on Monday when I picked it up. It took longer to arrive than he thought it would. When I picked it up, a different agent handling the transfer told me they were now getting full sticker for the manual coupes. They had only been able to get two 5-speed coupes (both in Galaxy Gray Metallic) and both were sold for full price before they got into town.

Anyway, I took it home and later that night put it in the garage. I had some yard work & other automobile work to do ('95 Olds). Somehow, the brand new Civic got a bit rain spotty & dusty. I will wash it this weekend and get some photos up. I am currently at my apartment near where I work (56 miles from home & the Honda) and still driving my '89 Corsica LTZ. It seems strange to buy a new car and put it away immediately.

Finally, this weekend, I plan to install the Interior Illumination kit (I bought from College Hills Honda). I will provide an experience synopsis on that installation, too.
Old 04-23-2006
Registered!!

pico is an unknown quantity at this point
Picked up my 06 EX with Navi yesterday. I absolutly love it! The electronics and stereo is phenomenal! I took a bunch of pics today, but they were with 5 megapixels. I cant shrink them down enough to get them on here! Ill edit the camera setting and take more next weekend after I get it tinted.
Old 04-24-2006
Registered!!

kero is an unknown quantity at this point
Will be picking up my galaxy gray this friday!
Old 04-25-2006
Registered!!

Atomic Blue LX Coupe photos

Finally! I have a few photos to post. It took 8 weeks to get my 5-speed coupe LX:

Old 04-26-2006
Registered!!

kero is an unknown quantity at this point
Sweet looking car!
Old 04-26-2006
Registered!!

Gotham Dark Knight is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Sam
So does anyone here have a 2006 Civic yet?
I know they are just brand new and not many people rush out to put off the showroom floor.

But if you have one, how does it compare to older Civic's?
I normally wait for year end deals on cars...delayed gratification...but hey, I get to keep more cash for other things...
Old 04-26-2006
Registered!!

06 Honda Civic EX is an unknown quantity at this point
I got my 06 Honda Civic EX coupe 4/8/06

Old 05-03-2006
Registered!!

imported_Sam is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by 06_si_red_deer
I took delivery on my Royal Fiji Blue Si on janaury 21st and it is pure driving enjoyment

Congrats!
Looking forward to hearing more about your car.
Are you planning to leave it stock for now?

Lovely color too..