8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

2009 civic battery drain.

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
roverben is an unknown quantity at this point
2009 civic battery drain.

Took my car to my mechanic and ran tests as to why a new battery is draining after sitting for a day or so. The alternator is fine, ground is fine and he found the drain coming from the 10 amp fuse in the under hood fuse box. This fuse was removed, so now the sunroof, radio and accessories are not working. Also, the power door locks don't work without the ignition being on. So can anyone tell me how many fuses in the interior fuse box this one 10 amp backup fuse control. Better yet, maybe one of you can help me fix this problem. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-23-2015
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 2009 civic battery drain.

The backup fuse is a constant power source for many items requiring constant power. (MICU, clock and radio presets etc...)

Have you added any aftermarket items ?? or tied into OBD port with anything ??
Old 04-23-2015
Registered!!

Nothing of the sort.
Old 04-23-2015
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Pop your fuse in just before you start to return items.

List of items on "backup" fuse: Audio Unit, Data Link Connector, Gauge Control Module (Tach & Speedo) Handsfree Link, Immobilizer-Keyless Control Unit, MICU.

Try looking at the 8th Gen Civic site.
Old 04-23-2015
Registered!!

Thanks.
Old 04-23-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

How many milliamps is the drain?

And did you allow at least 10 minutes with the system shut down before taking a reading?
The computers all need time to "go to sleep" after shutting the car off and closing all the doors.

Normal draw is typically in the 15-30mA range after sleep mode begins.
Old 04-23-2015
Registered!!

I don't really know, because my mechanic did all the tests.
Old 05-24-2015
Registered!!

Randy Edwards is an unknown quantity at this point

We own a 2010 Honda Civic. The battery would be dead after the car was turned off for more than four hours. This problem was interment which made it hard to trouble shoot. The dealership first replaced the battery which seemed to resolve the symptoms for approx. four months. When the issues started up again we turned to the internet to find the drain on the battery could be caused by the A/C compressor clutch relay being stick to the ON position. When we took the car back to the dealership (for the third time) we explained what we found on the internet. They checked out what we told them and found the A/C compressor clutch relay stuck on causing draw on the battery and the pressure relief value open due to excess discharge. They replaced the relay Assy ($24), recharged the A/C system with Freon ($56) and charged $337 for labor (for a total of $417). The car is now working with the latest parasitic draw test showing abnormal draws, in spec under 50mA, and operating as designed.
Old 01-21-2019
Registered!!

archi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by roverben
Took my car to my mechanic and ran tests as to why a new battery is draining after sitting for a day or so. The alternator is fine, ground is fine and he found the drain coming from the 10 amp fuse in the under hood fuse box. This fuse was removed, so now the sunroof, radio and accessories are not working. Also, the power door locks don't work without the ignition being on. So can anyone tell me how many fuses in the interior fuse box this one 10 amp backup fuse control. Better yet, maybe one of you can help me fix this problem. Thanks in advance.
hi i have the same problem did you menage to find the solution what steps did you take for fixing the issue with 10 amp backup fuse thanks very much in advance its a nightmare i have this problem for over a year now but on winter time is really crazy