8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Starter Motor for FD Civic, 2007, Sports, K20 Eng, Auto.

Old 02-03-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cli37 is an unknown quantity at this point
Starter Motor for FD Civic, 2007, Sports, K20 Eng, Auto.

Hi everyone,

I reside in Melbourne, Australia. I am looking for a starter motor for a FD civic, 2007, K20 Motor (2.0 L) and Automatic transmission. Its a sports model, not sure if that is equivalent of Si in America.

I am having no lucking searching for the OEM part number for the starter motor of my car. Most supplier website don't seem to accept my Australian Vin number.

Does anyone know what is the correct starter motor for my car? Or point me to the right direction as to where to find the OEM part number? Thank you!!!

Vin = MRHFD26507P042358
Eng No = K20Z22903675

Kind regards,
Old 02-03-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Starter Motor for FD Civic, 2007, Sports, K20 Eng, Auto.

I'm in the USA. The VIN you posted is not recognized by the Honda system here....and we did not get a K20 with an automatic trans here that I'm aware of.

Do you have an automotive electrical rebuilder in your area?

One that rebuilds alternators and starters may be able to get parts to overhaul your original unit at a quite reasonable cost.
Old 02-04-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cli37 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank for your reply.

Last time I checked, just to get an auto electrician to have a look at the problem will cost a couple hundred dollars (correct me if I am wrong).

I actually haven't removed my starter yet, as it is still working fine 90% of the time and I still want to be able to drive to work. The starter will grind after ignition on a cold day, on normal day it is fine. I just want it replaced to avoid damages to the flywheel. I guess I will just have to take it out and have a look at the print on it to see its OEM part number.

Apparently Australian Honda dealers have this policy of not sharing part numbers with the public, sigh...
Old 02-04-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cli37
Thank for your reply.

Last time I checked, just to get an auto electrician to have a look at the problem will cost a couple hundred dollars (correct me if I am wrong).
I did not mean an electrician, I meant a rebuilder. One who rebuilds your automotive electrical parts; starters and alternators are the usual items.

You remove your starter and carry it in to their shop, they overhaul your starter and hand it back to you. You reinstall it.

Apparently Australian Honda dealers have this policy of not sharing part numbers with the public, sigh...
Honda in US and Canada must have some different corporate policies or something. We have many dealers here that sell over the internet and have catalogs online, but I have not really found any other countries that enjoy the same.