8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Is anyone doing anything with the 2015 yet?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sjones582 is an unknown quantity at this point
Is anyone doing anything with the 2015 yet?

I just got a 2015 civic lx and am looking to do some small things poss some bigger ones. Is anyone messing around with the 2015 yet? I'm having trouble finding parts for the 9th gen...
Old 01-21-2015
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
jordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nice
Re: Is anyone doing anything with the 2015 yet?

I'm waiting someone to make a HO alternator for my 2014...

No company wants to figure out how to make it work with the computer.

(Apparently they do make them for the Si, but not the regular civics.)
Old 01-21-2015
Registered!!

jordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nice

However eibach recently posted a sick looking spring set for the new civics:
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...ring-kits.html
Old 01-22-2015
Registered!!

Jordan1794, thanks for the update on the springs... I actually have the same ones just waiting tell "spring" to put them on. What would be the point of putting a "HO Alt" on your application? If you don't mind me asking...
Old 01-22-2015
Registered!!

Stock alternator only puts out 95 amps, at speed.

At idle I could only get 50 amps out of it.

My one alpine 10" type R subwoofer, with an mrx-m110 amplifier hooked to it is only getting 30 amps of that, when it can pull upwards of 80 or 90 amps with a proper power supply.

(Normal car functions, lights, ac, etc. take up the other 20 amps)

Unfortunately the more efficient cars get, the less power they need and therefore the smaller and smaller alternators they put on them.

Detailed here:

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...014-civic.html
Old 01-31-2015
Registered!!

I would think putting a Capacitor on your system would be the easier solution... Have you tried that?
Old 01-31-2015
Registered!!

A capacitor works, essentially, like a battery.
It charges up, then releases a charge when needed.

This works great if you are at the edge of your alternators ability, as you wont be pulling all of your alternators power all the time, only on the heaviest notes.

However I need to pull over 75% more power than what my alternator can put out, if I were to add a capacitor I could turn the bass up , and for the very first hit it would have more power, but the capacitor would discharge immediately, and then would not have any time to recharge, as my alternator would then be running at full capacity just to TRY to sustain the amp(which would then trigger the amp to start clipping, which is very bad for speakers)

It would help for rock songs, which only use the full power for moments at a time, but again I'd have to turn up the bass, which would require me to change the setting every time I switch between rock/dubstep/linkin park, etc.

In actuality, capacitors have a very limited use, usually.
Now someone may claim capacitors are great, but it falls back on their alternators output, usually if a capacitor helps you, a Big 3 upgrade would help you just as much(if not more).

Capacitors are a waste of money in MOST applications IMO.
Old 02-15-2015
"Honda - tried, true & tested...!"

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
brags is an unknown quantity at this point

here are a few small things I would like to do on my 8th gen civic.

-tint my windows
-replace the exhaust using a sweet catback HKS Hi Power System
-replace the oem air box using a K&N air intake system
Old 04-08-2015
Registered!!

Nate5411 is an unknown quantity at this point

I just bought the civic lx, I really like it, it's my first honda I have ever bought. The only question I have is I want to get the fog lights installed and the stock rear spoiler,this would require quite a bit of change to the car and I concerned it would void my warranty. Would the Honda dealer be able to installs these, I know it's expensive but my thought is if they did it all it would preserve my warranty. Also I would buy the parts through them not from a 3rd party. I tried finding the answer online but was having trouble. Thanks!
Old 04-08-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nate5411
I just bought the civic lx, I really like it, it's my first honda I have ever bought. The only question I have is I want to get the fog lights installed and the stock rear spoiler,this would require quite a bit of change to the car and I concerned it would void my warranty. Would the Honda dealer be able to installs these, I know it's expensive but my thought is if they did it all it would preserve my warranty. Also I would buy the parts through them not from a 3rd party. I tried finding the answer online but was having trouble. Thanks!
If the dealer installs Honda foglights and spoiler accessories, I believe those accessories will come with a 12/12 warranty, and will not affect the rest of your 3/36 or 5/60 warranties.

If you had had them installed before you took delivery of the car, I think the warranty on the accessories would have been 3/36.

Ask your dealer for more info.

The length of the warranty period is not a big deal IMO, genuine Honda accessories are high quality and rarely have issues.

If you have a rock knock out a foglight lens, that would not be a warranty matter no matter if you have a warranty or not. Rocks are not a manufacturing defect LOL

HTH
Old 04-08-2015
Registered!!

There was a court case, can't remember the name, but it was decided(legally) that a car manufacturer cannot void your warranty because of an aftermarket part, so long as it can be proved the part did not cause the failure.

I.E. I replaced my wires for battery/alternator. If my alternator were to die tomorrow I would have to take it, as I made a modification that could OBVIOUSLY directly affect the alternator.

However, if my transmission were to take a sh~~ they would NOT be able to void my warranty because of my wire change.
(So long as it wasn't an electrically related failure, in which case I'd probably have to go to court and have it sorted out)

Also, for my 2014 the dealership quoted me around $3,000 (JUST KIDDING, see above reply) for a fog light install(everything included)
For that price I could get a nice turbo put on the car haha.
(This was when it was brand new, <100 miles)

Last edited by jordan1794; 04-08-2015 at 08:26 PM.
Old 04-08-2015

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

There was a court case, can't remember the name,
Magnuson-Moss

Also, for my 2014 the dealership quoted me around $3,000 for a fog light install(everything included)
You SURE the decimal is in the right place?

450ish list for the kit plus less than 2 hours labor, maybe 750 tops? 800?
3k is asinine.

Either I need to go to work in your local dealer, or you need to travel to mine!
Old 04-08-2015
Registered!!

Looking through my stuff I realized that the price included several other things(extended warranty, maintenance plan, etc.)

My dealer site shows $750 for install and all.
Old 04-08-2015

Originally Posted by jordan1794
Looking through my stuff I realized that the price included several other things(extended warranty, maintenance plan, etc.)

My dealer site shows $750 for install and all.
That sounds more reasonable (or less unreasonable, whatever LOL)