Rear Control arms, rear tire wear early models the early models had an issue with the rear control arms (upper) and have a tendency of rapid rear tire wear

What shocks and struts do you recommend to replace OEM?

Old 02-03-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bgiles is an unknown quantity at this point
What shocks and struts do you recommend to replace OEM?

Hey guys, my 08 Civic just hit 105,000 miles and I'm wondering what you recommend on replacing the suspension. I have really bad negative camber on my rear tires that the alignment shop can't fix. They said I should get some new adjustable rear upper control arms and that should fix the problem. I figured I'd replace the suspension too considering the amount of miles and I always carry a lot of weight in my trunk. Will replacing the suspension and control arms fix the camber and not eat my tires? What brands do you recommend? Thanks!
Old 02-03-2014
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: What shocks and struts do you recommend to replace OEM?

there's a TSB (tech service bulletin) on the rear arms, take to dealer to replace arms?
Old 02-03-2014
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

I would get the camber issue fixed and then decide if you want to replace the struts. If the ride quality and your breaking performance has not been compromised or they are not leaking then I would not worry about replacing them.
Old 02-12-2014
Registered!!

Couran is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Re: What shocks and struts do you recommend to replace OEM?

i will recommend monroe shocks & struts
Old 02-12-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by golnat
i would get the camber issue fixed and then decide if you want to replace the struts. If the ride quality and your breaking performance has not been compromised or they are not leaking then i would not worry about replacing them.

^This.
Old 04-02-2014
Registered!!

aztony is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bgiles
Hey guys, my 08 Civic just hit 105,000 miles and I'm wondering what you recommend on replacing the suspension. I have really bad negative camber on my rear tires that the alignment shop can't fix. They said I should get some new adjustable rear upper control arms and that should fix the problem. I figured I'd replace the suspension too considering the amount of miles and I always carry a lot of weight in my trunk. Will replacing the suspension and control arms fix the camber and not eat my tires? What brands do you recommend? Thanks!
I would like to know the same thing. My 08 Civic just hit 114,000. I don't have the camber problem but the shop told me one of my shocks has a small leak. I'd like to know which brand of shocks I should consider. Should I also get new struts? I'm also going to need new tires soon, I have Michelin's now. How much should it cost to have a shop install shocks?