8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Importing Wallpaper

Old 07-22-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amy3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Importing Wallpaper

Just acquired a Civic Honda EX 2012. Am trying to import wallpaper from a flashdrive connected to the USB cable. Pictures were in recommended pixels and found in root directory. However, the option "Import Wallpaper" does not light up. Nor the cable connection is recognized. Does this mean I don't have the option to this feature? What else should be done?
Old 07-23-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Importing Wallpaper

See if the USB is still connected and working: Connect an IPOD to it and see if it will play correctly.

Also, you should have a ton of warranty. If it doesn't work, go to the dealer.
Old 07-23-2012
Registered!!

Amy3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you.
Old 07-23-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

try a different flash drive (or cable if possible).
Old 07-23-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gearbox
try a different flash drive (or cable if possible).
^^This^^

Honda has had compatibility issues with various media forms for a long time. Some work, some don't.

I couldn't find any bulletins on the iMID though.
Old 07-23-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

used to drive me crazy with the oem cd deck. it liked tdk and sony, but not memorex or any other brand. and these were just regular audio cds with 15 something songs, not mp3.
Old 10-02-2012
Registered!!

RickMorton is an unknown quantity at this point

I've had the same problem. First time I tried it wouldn't recognize the drive. Numerous times. Then I changed the format of the files and it worked and I imported two pics. The default JPEG format out of Photoshop is "Progressive" and needs to be "Baseline". I changed my files and it worked. I think that was the fix, but not sure. I just tried to import another file and the drive isn't recognized. Actually, two different drives aren't recognized. Not sure what to do next. Tech support suggested wiping the drive and putting ONLY the jpegs on it. I'll try that today. Frustrating. Also... while I'm at it... it's crazy that they only allow you to load 4 pictures. It would take NOTHING to allow us to load 50. Where they came up with only 4 is beyond me.