8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

2012 Honda Civic Launches in Five Flavors

Old 02-17-2011
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light
2012 Honda Civic Launches in Five Flavors

All-New 2012 Honda Civic Emphasizes Style, Fuel Economy and Performance
Two models offer 40+ mpg

02/17/2011 - TORRANCE, Calif.

Featuring the widest array of engine choices available in its class, the 2012 Civic is designed to even better meet the diverse needs of the compact-vehicle buyer when it launches this spring. The entire redesigned ninth-generation Civic lineup will become more fuel efficient with two models – the all-new Civic HF and the Civic Hybrid – each delivering fuel economy estimates of more than 40 mpg on the highway.

Built on the tradition of Honda fuel efficiency, the economical Civic HF model will be the most fuel-efficient gasoline-only powered Civic in the lineup when it launches this spring. Equipped with a 1.8-liter i-VTEC engine, the Civic HF is targeted to earn EPA-estimated fuel economy1 of 41 mpg on the highway. The 2012 Civic Hybrid, which will be outfitted for the first time with a lithium-ion battery and a larger 1.5-liter i-VTEC engine, is expected to achieve an EPA-estimated city/highway combined fuel economy1 of 45 mpg, an improvement of 4 mpg compared to the current Civic Hybrid. Both the Civic HF and Civic Hybrid models will be equipped with aerodynamic components for improved efficiency and Honda ECO Assist™ technology, an innovation that can enhance efficient vehicle operation while providing feedback to promote more efficient individual driving styles.

"The Civic is the only model in the industry that can deliver on all fronts – fuel economy, sporty performance, smart packaging, alternative fuel and long-term value," said John Mendel, executive vice president of sales for American Honda Motor Co.,Inc. "For the ninth-generation Civic, we are emphasizing improved fuel economy across the board, from the hybrid sedan to the sporty Si model."

In addition to the Civic HF and Civic Hybrid models, the Civic Sedan, Civic Coupe and Civic GX Natural Gas models are also estimated to achieve improved fuel economy compared to the current models. The Civic Sedan and Civic Coupe achieve an EPA-estimated fuel economy2 of 39 mpg on the highway, an improvement of 3 mpg when compared to the current model. The Civic Natural Gas vehicle is anticipated to earn a 7 percent improvement in fuel economy compared to the current model. The Civic Sedan, Civic Coupe and Civic Natural Gas models will all be equipped with the Honda ECO Assist technology.

Along with improved fuel economy, the new Civic lineup also delivers more performance, particularly with the Civic Si. The Civic Si sedan and coupe models will be equipped with a larger, more powerful 2.4-liter engine as well as a new 6-speed manual transmission. The new engine is anticipated to deliver 200 horsepower with 170 ft-lb of torque. Even with the larger engine and a 22 percent increase in torque, Civic Si is targeted to achieve an EPA-estimated highway fuel economy1 of 31 mpg; an increase of 2 mpg when compared to the current model.

The 2012 Civic lineup includes a sedan and a coupe with conventional gasoline models, a new "HF" high fuel economy version, two sporty "Si" performance versions, along with one hybrid and a natural gas alternative-fuel variant.
Additional information on the new 2012 Civic will be announced closer to the on-sale date. For more information on the current Civic and other Honda models, please visit www.hondanews.com.

Civic HF, Sedan, Coupe and Natural Gas Specifications

* 140 horsepower, 1.8-liter i-VTEC™ 4-cylinder engine
* 5-speed automatic transmission
* ECO Assist technology
* EPA-estimated Civic HF highway fuel economy: 41 mpg
* EPA-estimated Civic Sedan and Civic Coupe highway fuel economy: 39 mpg

Civic Hybrid Specifications

* 110 horsepower, 1.5-liter i-VTEC™ 4-cylinder engine (combined gasoline + electric)
* Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT)
* Lithium-ion battery
* ECO Assist technology
* EPA-estimated Civic Hybrid city/highway combined fuel economy: 45 mpg

Civic Si Specifications

* 200 horsepower and 170 lb-ft, 2.4-liter i-VTEC™ 4-cylinder engine
* 6-speed manual transmission
* EPA-estimated Civic Si highway fuel economy: 31 mpg
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	01-2012-honda-civic.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	80263   Click image for larger version

Name:	02-2012-honda-civic.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	80264   Click image for larger version

Name:	03-2012-honda-civic.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	80265   Click image for larger version

Name:	04-2012-honda-civic.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	80266   Click image for larger version

Name:	05-2012-honda-civic.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	80267  

Click image for larger version

Name:	06-2012-honda-civic.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	80268   Click image for larger version

Name:	07-2012-honda-civic.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	80269   Click image for larger version

Name:	08-2012-honda-civic.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	80270   Click image for larger version

Name:	09-2012-honda-civic.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	80271  
Old 02-17-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: 2012 Honda Civic Launches in Five Flavors

Hunh.
Nothing in the net yet, it seems. Was looking for a link and nothing.
I just realized that the non-VTEC is not present.
And interesting to see that they really decided for the 2.4, but it seems low power considering the engine size increase. Hopefully it's still high revving.

And kudos for finally having a real 9th gen thread in its forum
Old 02-17-2011
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

I heard a crazy rumor that manual transmissions weren't going to be offered on the EX model. More to follow, I guess...

As for the 2.4L - More Torque, but it may be handicapped by an integrated exhaust manifold. No headers.
Old 02-17-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Putting a 2.4 liter engine in is a huge mistake in my opinion, K24s are suitable for big heavy cars like the TL, TSX, CSX and Accord. Oh wait, the Civic is the size of those cars now too! Honda needs to go back to what made them successful in the first place, lightweight cars with low displacement-highout put engines. The Integra type-R is rated number 9 on the list that rated the Veyrons at number 4 of the greatest sports cars ever, take a hint honda engineers.
Old 02-18-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jrb121180 will become famous soon enough

I dont know about the new styling. It may have to grow on me. I said the same thing about my 7th gen though.
Old 02-18-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Why the akward *** high back end? I like the interior but I hate the fact that every 8th gen civic I drive by I can see their speedo. It really sets me off from buying one(I might be going a bit overboard but that's how I feel about it).

No manual transmission means if my civic dies I won't be replacing it with another civic, because I can't see myself buying anything lower than an EX model. They better offer manual... Your right, civic needs to be smaaallller again. Unfortunatly all cars seem to be growing, and companies are introducing new compacts for their old growing models. The Fit has essentially replaced what the civic once was.
Old 02-18-2011
Registered!!

jrb121180 will become famous soon enough

Yeah the tailend is what turns it off for me as well. I think the best looking one though is the Si sedan, and im not a fan of the sedans.

Tbohar i hear what your saying about the speedo's. I've actually paced myself beside one with my passenger telling what thier's said. Im sure they were like WTF is this guy doing. Hey, i get bored sometimes.
Old 02-18-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by maxtierney
I heard a crazy rumor that manual transmissions weren't going to be offered on the EX model. More to follow, I guess...

As for the 2.4L - More Torque, but it may be handicapped by an integrated exhaust manifold. No headers.
not a single good news, i guess...
The CRZ seems much more promising, i would say (i already have one 2-seater car - miata, so not an option, i guess).
The fit is just too tall... drove a rental nissan versa when i was back in TN for a week - hated it...
Like said on previous "9th gen" thread, next one is a 4WD (subaru?), then maybe a 6th gen... (will still keep vic&miata - emotional attachments, i guess - my dad still have the first beetle i drove and my brother still have the first car i bought, so...)

And with all the 8th gen guys coming here to rant about their mileage sucking, well... But the auto trans seems better than the 7th...

Last edited by sdaidoji; 02-18-2011 at 06:19 PM.
Old 02-18-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely not buying new hondas anymore lol
Old 03-01-2011
Registered!!

asianboy781 is a jewel in the roughasianboy781 is a jewel in the roughasianboy781 is a jewel in the roughasianboy781 is a jewel in the rough

give me a used 8th gen sedan and i will keep my em1 si
thank you
Old 03-01-2011
Registered!!

asianboy781 is a jewel in the roughasianboy781 is a jewel in the roughasianboy781 is a jewel in the roughasianboy781 is a jewel in the rough

so they got lazy and used the tsx engine i think,
i was hoping for the at least the jdm ctr motor
and that is a big step up but wat a disapointment, i guess i have to take a closer look
since i drive by honda stealer every day. i hated that place due to bad service parts
what a bunch of dicks well at least one of the old ****** that work there others are cool
Old 03-03-2011
Registered!!

Steven21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MindBomber
Putting a 2.4 liter engine in is a huge mistake in my opinion, K24s are suitable for big heavy cars like the TL, TSX, CSX and Accord. Oh wait, the Civic is the size of those cars now too! Honda needs to go back to what made them successful in the first place, lightweight cars with low displacement-highout put engines. The Integra type-R is rated number 9 on the list that rated the Veyrons at number 4 of the greatest sports cars ever, take a hint honda engineers.
YES!! I hate the new ones that i've driven. They feel like a boat compared to driving my 6th gen. The new ones sit too high, are too wide and do not feel as sporty as they used to. IMO it seems like the civic is becoming like a poor mans accord
Old 03-04-2011
Registered!!

2005civiclx is a jewel in the rough2005civiclx is a jewel in the rough2005civiclx is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Steven21
IMO it seems like the civic is becoming like a poor mans accord
another reason why honda of japan got rid of the civic, its become useless now lol. might as well just buy an accord, they're about the same size if you really think about it, and you can get a v6 if you get an accord.
Old 03-04-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Originally Posted by 2005civiclx
might as well just buy an accord, they're about the same size if you really think about it, and you can get a v6 if you get an accord.
sorry, I am old, but not by that much

Originally Posted by Steven21
The new ones sit too high,
only good point is that the brand new lip you just installed does not need to double-duty as plower during the winter

Last edited by sdaidoji; 03-04-2011 at 10:21 PM.
Old 03-04-2011
Registered!!

lol even without a lip my car was still low enough at stock height to be a snow plow
Old 03-04-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

post pics of the plowing process might be funny!
Just don't tell mithbusters or they might claim your car for "splitting a car in half"
Old 03-05-2011
Registered!!

hopefully i can post some next winter cause im praying our winter days are over! even though last friday i was plowing my back roads with the car
Old 03-05-2011
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light

That seems wrong. Why would they only offer row your own on the Si model? Usually car companies slap the manual on the low end models. Come on, Honda. Get your act together.
Old 03-05-2011
Registered!!

danwat12345 has a spectacular aura aboutdanwat12345 has a spectacular aura about

So, is Honda finally going to release a Direct Injected engine? That would be awesome. Or maybe Diesel Civics to the USA
Old 03-05-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Civics will never be Diesel, as they are ULEV cars, and diesel isnt exactly clean burning fuel.
Old 03-05-2011
Registered!!

danwat12345 has a spectacular aura aboutdanwat12345 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002
Civics will never be Diesel, as they are ULEV cars, and diesel isnt exactly clean burning fuel.
Well VW has been able to do it among a few others in the US and Diesel Civics are in other parts of the world. But yeah the diesel emissions standards in the US (Bin5 Tier 2? Or is it even stricter now?) are really high and cause clean diesel engines to not really have that much of a bump in efficiency compared to gas engines.

Gasoline Direct injection is the safest route cus there aren't nearly as many Diesel stations as their are gas stations (at least where i live.

I'm wondering what the 10th Gen Civic will have .. 45MPG highway with a spunky little Turbo Direct Injected gas engine maybe with any luck!
Old 03-06-2011
Registered!!

DieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MelJ
That seems wrong. Why would they only offer row your own on the Si model? Usually car companies slap the manual on the low end models. Come on, Honda. Get your act together.
so theres no way you can even think about geting a manual UNLESS you get the SI?
Old 04-03-2011
Registered!!

Monk33 is an unknown quantity at this point

Another step backward for the Vic! So sad! I never thought the terms "uninspiring" and "boring" would ever define the much-loved econobox of the 80's, 90's, and early 2000's.

How could anyone ever love this bloated mini-accord, imposter of a civic? Regretfully, I am seriously considering other makes at this time. My 2002 is gonna be the last civic I ever own. Nothing anyone says will convince me otherwise!!!

Dreadfully disappointed...
Steve
Old 04-14-2011
Registered!!

bigheadmark is an unknown quantity at this point

I likey!!
Old 05-06-2011
Registered!!

I want a diesel Civic!! Gimme gimme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPmVb...el_video_title

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHV6p...eature=related
Old 05-07-2011
Registered!!

bnmyers is an unknown quantity at this point

I am new here and have just purchased my first Honda ever. Got a 2012 Civic ES with Navigation. This was one of the first 2012 the dealer just got in. I found out that the 2012 DX and LX models only went up $100 and the ES model went down $400 from 2011. Any pointers for the forum would be great. If I posted this in the wrong area please let me know.
Old 05-08-2011
=)

iSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the rough

Finally someone with a 9th gen posted here ! Make a new thread for us to see ! Post pics !
Old 05-08-2011
Kenny the Ricer

[Youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os8ww3cvMfk[/Youtube]
Old 05-08-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

hey! the first 2012 owner in the forum!
welcome! post pics too.

Interesting the comment on the prices
Old 05-08-2011
Registered!!

bnmyers is an unknown quantity at this point

The dealer had to trade an EX-L to get my EX with cloth. It will be delivered on Tuesday. As soon as I get it I will post some pictures. It is white with tan interior. It has the Navigation option. I wish Honda included a backup camera with the nav.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2012 Honda Civic Launches in Five Flavors