8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

I much should I pay under MSRP for a brand new civic?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010
XXH
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
XXH is an unknown quantity at this point
I much should I pay under MSRP for a brand new civic?

The total MSRP for a brand new 2010 Civic that I am looking at is $18,200. How much is the car REALLY worth? How much at most should I pay them. Thank you guys!
Old 08-18-2010
Registered!!

Nosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the rough
Re: I much should I pay under MSRP for a brand new civic?

The car is worth whatever YOU can afford to pay.

First, determine what is the invoice price. Get it in writing w/vin # or have them show you the invoice, not just blurt or write out the numbers.

Then research and see if they're offering any cash back or incentives. If they are, use that as leverage to lower the price. Work with the fleet manager, not the regular sales guys because they work in volumes sold not so much what they can get out of one vehicle which is what the reg. sales guys do. Understand that they also get kick backs for selling a vehicle so that's another bonus in their pockets. Never be afraid to negotiate and never give in. Be firm but respectful.

Just to give you an example, my BRAND NEW '08 Toyota Tundra was listed over $38K. I drove the truck out of the dealership for just a little over $20K. I did the same with all my other vehicles.

Negotiations is all part of the deal. The same goes with any deals, not just limited to cars.

Last edited by Nosepicker; 08-18-2010 at 10:07 AM.
Old 08-20-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

truedelta.com
Old 08-31-2010
Registered!!

skip mitchell is an unknown quantity at this point

I reciently bought a 2010 EX was 22,800 list something like that paid 18,200 bucks for the puppy if that will give vyou some insight,
Old 08-31-2010
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nosepicker
The car is worth whatever YOU can afford to pay.

First, determine what is the invoice price. Get it in writing w/vin # or have them show you the invoice, not just blurt or write out the numbers.

Then research and see if they're offering any cash back or incentives. If they are, use that as leverage to lower the price. Work with the fleet manager, not the regular sales guys because they work in volumes sold not so much what they can get out of one vehicle which is what the reg. sales guys do. Understand that they also get kick backs for selling a vehicle so that's another bonus in their pockets. Never be afraid to negotiate and never give in. Be firm but respectful.

Just to give you an example, my BRAND NEW '08 Toyota Tundra was listed over $38K. I drove the truck out of the dealership for just a little over $20K. I did the same with all my other vehicles.

Negotiations is all part of the deal. The same goes with any deals, not just limited to cars.
Jesus how did you manage that? I'm on the market for a truck and though the Tundra would be way out of my price range, but that would be an amazing deal that you got.
Old 09-07-2010
Registered!!

Fudbutter is an unknown quantity at this point

Rule of thumb:

Start by asking how much over invoice less incentives that you should be paying

Get on edmunds.com or kbb.com to find out what the invoice is. Edmunds also has the incentives in effect for your area. There are two types: Dealer to Customer and Manufacturer to Dealer

Go to as many dealers as you can stand until you get the invoice deal. If they ask for much more, use the best negotiating tool you have: WALK OUT

Locally (Westchester County NY) I have had quotes ranging from full MSRP to right at invoice. Most were closer to invoice.

EDIT: Just saw that NP basically said the same thing, so consider this a +1 from his report.

Remember that auto dealers are hurting. They need to move inventory because they finance the cars that they have on lot and the longer that they are there, the more it costs them.

Last edited by Fudbutter; 09-07-2010 at 07:10 PM. Reason: oops
Old 12-27-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

that is a pretty good price. i got my 2002 for around that price. you can look at truedelta.com too
Old 12-28-2010
Registered!!

koolcivi is an unknown quantity at this point

hi,Try truecar.com iam looking at a 2011 dx vp auto 4dr been quoted $14293.00 best price so far they will be getting my business. thanks