8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

GoodYear Eagle GT any good?

Old 11-04-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
krazymatt is an unknown quantity at this point
GoodYear Eagle GT any good?

I was just wondering if anyone has experiences with Goodyear Eagle GT tires. I'm in the process of shopping around for a decent tire for a good price for my 08 EX Coupe. I was originally going to go with Michelins but then I decided I can't afford close to 700 bucks in tires right now. I have a special connection with a goodyear dealer and was offered Eagle GTs for 85 per tire installed. The reviews are pretty solid and they are a 50k mile tire and are considered ultra high performance tires-they look pretty cool too. The only thing I notice according to reviews is they seem to be loud and kinda choppy when cold but smooth out after warming up and perform great. No prob for me. I have like a 50 mile one way commute to work. 1 tenth of the way and my tires are hot from the curvy country road I hit every morning at 60 plus. I'd appreciate any input. Thanks!
Old 11-04-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: GoodYear Eagle GT any good?

check tirerack.com reviews
Old 01-02-2010
Registered!!

plastics is an unknown quantity at this point

The Goodyear Eagle GT has been avaible for many many years and it is ancient technology.

It was the performance tires of its day many year ago, but there are way more modern choices now...

The Eagle GT is pretty well rim-protectors status now...there are better choices, ..the EX cames with Goodyear RSA which is a better choice...you dealer friend is no friend and is ripping you off
Old 01-02-2010
Registered!!

rednek is an unknown quantity at this point

I've read reviews on Tirerack and Discounttiredirect and seems like people really love them. One of my coworkers has them on his car (Ford Fusion) and he is really impressed with them.

They are likely to be my next set come spring time!

Originally Posted by plastics
The Goodyear Eagle GT has been avaible for many many years and it is ancient technology.

It was the performance tires of its day many year ago, but there are way more modern choices now...

The Eagle GT is pretty well rim-protectors status now...there are better choices, ..the EX cames with Goodyear RSA which is a better choice...you dealer friend is no friend and is ripping you off
What? The Eagle GT's are like a year old...
Old 01-03-2010
Registered!!

plastics is an unknown quantity at this point

Oops!
Looks like Goodyear is recycling tire names.

The original Eagle GT came out around 1980...and later, Goodyear had many versions, such as GT II, GT+4, GT-HR etc..

So, the new GT must be different than the old GT..my bad...
Old 01-03-2010
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Well. The tire is ranked #9 on tirerack.com in it's category. I say you have yourself a great deal.
Old 01-04-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by plastics

May this be a lesson to you about being informed vs. being ignorant.

It is also apparent that a spelling/grammar lesson wouldn't hurt you either buddy.
Old 01-04-2010
Registered!!

Cool Re: GoodYear Eagle GT any good?

Okay, now that we have that out of the way; I did get the GoodYear Eagle GT's, and they are NOT 1980 technology. I hadn't posted because I only have 3k miles on them but I am more than impressed. I am very happy so far, and given the deal I got I can't complain. For 80 bucks a tire I couldn't touch any name brand at Discount. They are night and day from the Bridgestone crap that was on there. I was extremely impressed with snow performance. They did great in the snow as where the Bridgestones were kinda iffy in snow. They also do great in hydroplane situations. With the Bridgestones if it started to sprinkle they'd hydroplane as where these tires don't. I believe these tires are excellent all around tires. I plan on rotating every 5k to maximize the life span of the tires. Thanks...
Old 01-04-2010
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by krazymatt

It is also apparent that a spelling/grammar lesson wouldn't hurt you either buddy.
There are people here from many different countries and whom speak many different languages. It is indeed ignorant to note on someones inability to speak or write your language. Also, not everyone on these forums has the time of day to write everything properly. As for being ignorant, his information may have been incorrect, but in the end he was only trying to help you. A simple thanks goes a long way, and sometimes it's nice to be the bigger person.

That being said. I'm glad the tires are working out for you and that you got them at such a great deal!
Old 01-05-2010
Registered!!

rednek is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh wow, hope I don't ever make a mistake on here...
Old 01-06-2010
Registered!!

Oh, Come-On! Enough with the sensitivity! I didn't mean to be a jerk. It's just so annoying when someone decides to get on their high podium to preach what they don't know about a post that is old news to say the least.
Old 02-17-2010
Registered!!

Stegen is an unknown quantity at this point

I drive alot, about 1000 miles a week on my 2007 si. i put new eagle gt's on my car when i bought it. they handle awesome in the dry and wet. They are horrible in the snow. I live in Wisconsin so i know how to drive in the snow. I bought a fresh set about 4 weeks before snow fall. if there is anything more than an inch on the ground, forget it, they slip like crazy, couldnt even get up my driveway unless it was totally clear. had to buy a set of dunlop snow tires for my fronts (which work awesome but now when i take corners my rears with the GTs slide out).

I am about 16000 miles in and my rear GTs are already starting to cup. my last set did the same thing at about 35000 miles and the car vibrated to the point where my hands would tingle. Went to goodyear and they said they dont cover cup defects. I complained and they said if i pay for the 16k miles they would replace them ($97). I always rotate at 6000 miles and keep my psi right where they should be. I will never buy theses crap tires again. like i said in the dry they are GREAT, snow forget it. I cant get **** out of them before they cup.
Old 02-18-2010
Registered!!

Trek4ward is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm looking to replace the tires on the same car and am leaning toward the Pirelli P4's. Maryland has been getting hammered with snow lately, so a good all season tire is a must for me. I'll let everyone know how they perform as they'll be installed tomorrow.
Old 02-18-2010
Registered!!

Awjvail is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh, Come-On! Enough with the sensitivity! I didn't mean to be a jerk. It's just so annoying when someone decides to get on their high podium to preach what they don't know about a post that is old news to say the least.
You asked a question and he answered it wrong. He immediately corrected his mistake. Jesus christ.