Electronics Post information/questions/Issues about Electronic parts here.

Question about Honda Civic Auxiliary Input

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ibsk8r is an unknown quantity at this point
Question about Honda Civic Auxiliary Input

Dear Community,
I have an Honda Civic 2008, and would like to ask you a question.

Where is the AUX (auxiliary) audio input that I can connect so the stereo can read directly out of my iPod/MP3 Players?

Thank you for helping,
Nisan.
Old 01-26-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
Re: Question about Honda Civic Auxiliary Input

(without having a newer civic of being famil with the headunit...) It should be on the front of the headunit (the stereo) or the back of it... it looks like a mini headphone jack, female. ...it might have been wired to an external location like your center console.
Old 01-28-2009
Registered!!

8Pack is an unknown quantity at this point

On my '07, it's located behind a black "flip-up" panel which is set low on the dash below the radio and down near the top of the console. Hope this helps.
Old 01-28-2009
Registered!!

Deuce09ex is an unknown quantity at this point

yea real easy right in front of shifter below the radio theres two little plastc hinged door things..the bottom one say aux right on it cant miss it...great feature of the 8th gen no need to upgrade to aftermarket head unit..hope that helps
Old 12-25-2009
Registered!!

Messerschmitt is an unknown quantity at this point

Greetings,
I am necroing this thread to ask a question related to the Auxiliary Input.

I just found my line in cable that came with my MP3 and I tried using it with my 07 Civic. My MP3 is a Zen Nano 512mb.
Now the problem is when I insert the cable, the radio switches to auxiliary, but nothing else happens. Radio just displays "Aux" and nothing else. MP3 is playing the songs but nothing is displayed on my radio nor any sound comes out on the speakers.
I can use my CD's with MP3's songs on it fine, but no idea why my MP3 Aux line in won't work.

Thank you for your help
Old 12-25-2009
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

maybe the volume is too low on the mp3 player? or its not compatible or something. i tried a samsung sansa with my alpine aux and at full volume i could barely hear anything, and the sound was terrible.
Old 12-25-2009
Registered!!

Awjvail is an unknown quantity at this point

Make sure the volume is up on the mp3 player. When it is plugged into AUX, the car's speakers basically act the exact same as a pair of headphones.
Old 12-25-2009
Registered!!

Unfortunately the volume on the MP3 was almost at max. The volume of the radio was mid range. No sound came out. I think I forgot to mention that I'm using the "line in" on the MP3 player, or so it says on it. it's 2.5mm in the MP3 and 3.5mm for auxiliary side that goes in the car.

Last edited by Messerschmitt; 12-25-2009 at 12:53 PM.
Old 12-26-2009
Registered!!

Ok question here.
Am I not suppose to use the Line in of my MP3 to connect it into my car aux? Do you have to use a 3.5mm to 3.5mm from your speaker jack on your mp3 to the car's aux or you use the 2.5mm to 3.5mm from your line in jack on your mp3 to the car's aux?
If it's the first, then that's the line in for?
Old 12-27-2009
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

usually you use the mp3 player headphone jack as the LINE OUT. then the other side goes to the car stereo as a LINE IN. im not sure why your mp3 player would have a line input.
Old 01-12-2010
Registered!!

mari3 is an unknown quantity at this point

I kinda have the same problem, too ( i think..lol). I just bought a Griffin TuneFlex. It charges your ipod while you listen to it in your car. So you plug this in your Aux but it has a headphone jack. I assume this has to be plugged into somewhere but I don't know where. I looked in my glovebox but nothing. I have a 2008 honda civic. Would anyone know where i would plug this headphone jack? this is really frustrating me! i bought this for $60! Apparently it's highly recommendable?? This is what it looks like:

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/rev...flex-aux-2008/
Old 01-12-2010
Premium Member

some civics dont have that option, but it should be somewhere in the center console if you do.
Old 01-12-2010
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute

it should be in the manual of your civic....READ THE MANUAL , those who bought the car used and without the manual...at least download it for future reference and READ THE MANUAL

09 EX, SI has USB inside armrest...otherwise(06-08 depending on the model) you will have to use the AUX below the lighter jack on the center console depending on model....that means your 06-08 DX, LX don't have them

if the AUX port is not working, find out why it's not working...go fix it

if you want to make AUX for your car, see the link for adding AUX
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/elect...-input-lx.html
Old 02-17-2010
Registered!!

elykoj is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Question about Honda Civic Auxiliary Input

i want to play music from my Blackberry Storm. i have option of aux input on radio or the USB connection. i want to stream internet radio from my phone to the car and also use music programs like Slacker and Pandora. i know the aux input should work, but how is the USB different? i pick up my car today and was wondering which cable and operation to use.

if the usb option works,wouldnt that be best option since it will charge as well as play music, or no?
Old 03-22-2010
Registered!!

cinghoa is an unknown quantity at this point

If the USB port works with your phone, that would be best for a couple reasons. First; like you said it charges it. Second; the amp in the phone is probably pretty weak, music should sound better when it goes through the USB because it doesn't necessarily use the phones amp. My GF has a Sony walkman mp3 player and can't do anything while it's plugged into the USB, will only charge.
Old 02-10-2011
Registered!!

raffuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Question about Honda Civic Auxiliary Input

Originally Posted by Devani
it should be in the manual of your civic....READ THE MANUAL , those who bought the car used and without the manual...at least download it for future reference and READ THE MANUAL

09 EX, SI has USB inside armrest...otherwise(06-08 depending on the model) you will have to use the AUX below the lighter jack on the center console depending on model....that means your 06-08 DX, LX don't have them

if the AUX port is not working, find out why it's not working...go fix it

if you want to make AUX for your car, see the link for adding AUX
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/elect...-input-lx.html
The car manual is a language I don't speak. Could somebody post some pics of the jack location?

Thanks in advance!
-R
Old 05-13-2014
Registered!!

Jsnugglz is an unknown quantity at this point

I recently purchased a 2007 Civic EX with Navigation and after about 20 minutes of playing my iPod through the auxiliary jack, the sound gets very low. All volumes are up and cords are firmly in place. Sometimes the volume only plays through one half of my speakers. Does anyone have any advice on what is wrong and how to fix it?
Old 05-13-2014
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by raffuk
The car manual is a language I don't speak. Could somebody post some pics of the jack location?

Thanks in advance!
-R
^^^Directly below the 12Volt ACC outlet)

Originally Posted by Jsnugglz
I recently purchased a 2007 Civic EX with Navigation and after about 20 minutes of playing my iPod through the auxiliary jack, the sound gets very low. All volumes are up and cords are firmly in place. Sometimes the volume only plays through one half of my speakers. Does anyone have any advice on what is wrong and how to fix it?
Have you tried a different patch cable ??
Old 06-08-2019
Registered!!

Soulmusic404 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a 2010 Honda Civic that i recently bougt and it seems someone broke off their aux plug into the aux port. How can i get this out or will i need to replace the entire aux port?
Old 06-08-2019
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Soulmusic404
I have a 2010 Honda Civic that i recently bougt and it seems someone broke off their aux plug into the aux port. How can i get this out or will i need to replace the entire aux port?
If it broke off flush not much you can do but replace the port. Unless you can get some needle nose pliers on it.
Old 06-09-2019
Registered!!

Soulmusic404 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GolNat
If it broke off flush not much you can do but replace the port. Unless you can get some needle nose pliers on it.
Thanks. I was thinking the same thing.
Old 09-14-2022

jazer313 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jsnugglz
I just bought the 2006 Civic Ex, I see the aux input, I just don't see where I can select it; there is no physical button nor anything on the navigation system interface. Any idea how can I select the aux input?