General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Front parking lights infos..

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OZman is an unknown quantity at this point
Front parking lights infos..

Just wanna say HI to every1 here..
a very kewl forum indeed w/ kewl ppl & kewl civics..
newbie here.. so, i hope this topic ain't a repeat already..[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

anyways..
i got a minor question for ya all civic-lovers..
i am a new guy to drive a japanese car.. a civic dx 2002 to be exact.. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
so what's the purpose(s) of these two little 'front parking lights' located beside the headlights?
what do they do? are they just for the LooK/design? that's the only reason i can think of..[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

it's b/c i want to change the color of those lights..
now i am planning to change those two "seem-to-be-useless-lights" from yellowish bulbs to RED bulbs..
i want to know is it legal to have those little lights in RED?

i think the cops won't be wasting their time to pull me over just to tell me a warning about those little non-affective lights, will they?
i asked some of ma friends and they said it's alrite to change those lights to different colors.. but i still got doubts about it..
i found there are yellow, green, purple, and even red color for the 194 bulbs.. hehe.. fun colors eh?[IMG]i/expressions/demon.gif[/IMG]

o.. btw, i dunno much about the traffic law in Toronto regarding the lights regulations..
i'm still learning.. so, please share some infos on this.. thx! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG]
Old 03-02-2003
Registered!!

pbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant future
i would suggest you go and find out about the laws over there in toronto. the lights have no purpose, but they might be used to help you park your car better...who knows.

anyways, changing them to red will most likely get you pulled over because red is a bad color to use for lights...cops say youre impersonating them and all that. mine are blue now, which is another color cops dont like to see, but i havent had any problems. this could be because im in nj and in a pretty nice neighbourhood, so cops dont care really...but im sure in different places its different.

good luck. learn the law before you change them tho...talk to a cop if you must.
Old 03-02-2003
ak
Retired Mod
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

ak can only hope to improve
It's there for show.. no real function and i'm pretty sure it's illegal to change it to any color but white or amber.
Old 03-02-2003

gotti will become famous soon enoughgotti will become famous soon enough
yeah i think ak has the right idea. Not sure about the laws where you live though. So always check the laws before you do anything.
Old 03-02-2003
Welcome To Prime Time, BITCH!

GrayGhost is on a distinguished road
I've got mine changed to green, and I've seen another 7th Gen. around my hometown with its lights changed to red...so if you want to risk it, go for it. I don't think that cops are really going to waste their time over some parking lights.
Old 03-02-2003
Registered!!

RegulatorRacing is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: GrayGhost
I've got mine changed to green, and I've seen another 7th Gen. around my hometown with its lights changed to red...so if you want to risk it, go for it. I don't think that cops are really going to waste their time over some parking lights.[hr]
I beg to differ... some cops love pickin apart a tuner's ride to point out all the minor infractions they can find. I wouldn't reccomend changing those lights even though they are probably fix it tickets
Old 03-02-2003
Registered!!

i agree on you guys that it may not be a good idea afterall to change those lights into different colors other than white/amber..

i checked out the Toronto's 'Highway Traffic Act' law around and although it didn't say particularly the front parking lights can't be other colors other than white/amber, but it some how mentioned it can only be either WHITE or AMBER in the front of your car..
...... one on each side of the front of the vehicle which shall display a WHITE or AMBER light only, and one on the rear of the vehicle which shall display a RED light only ......

then another thing i found out is that you can't put any color other than WHITE for the rear license plate lights..
...... the lamp shall face to the rear and reflect on the number plate a WHITE light only ......

hmm..these kind of traffic laws on lights regulation r pretty strict, eh?
i guess i will just replace those 2 yellowish front parking lights with superwhite lightbulbs.. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
cuz i always have to visit the downtown area..
and some unfriendly cops around there just love to pick on tuner's ride like RegulatorRacing mentioned..

Anyways, thanks for da replies/advices guys.. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG]
Old 03-02-2003
Registered!!

hey admin..
i am not sure did i post this thread in the right section..
for convenice purpose.. if it's not suitable here..
plz move over to the Canada East section cuz i just figured out there is a section in this forum..