General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Interior Neon Schematics

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
izmaxx is just really niceizmaxx is just really niceizmaxx is just really niceizmaxx is just really niceizmaxx is just really nice
Interior Neon Schematics

I just felt like drawing up some sort of diagram while I had some downtime at work. Putting neons in your interior isn't such an expensive mod to do and its not that difficult either.

Here is the diagram:

if the link doesnt work, go to http://izmaxx.tripod.com/neon.gif

List of stuff you need
- power distribution block (home depot maybe)
- neon bars (I used OPTX neons from advanced auto parts)
- some wiretaps
- 16-18 gauge power wire
- wire connectors

Just some general opinion...you should try to hide the neons so that the actual light itself isn't visible, just the glow should be visible. And by tapping power from the power accessory outlet, the lights will only turn on if the key is in the ignition. Also you can throw in the optional switch so that you dont have it running during the daytime and stuff. If you want to get all fancy, you could tap in to your headlight power signal and have the neons only turn on when your headlights are on but I was too lazy for that... [L=]http://izmaxx.tripod.com/neon.gif[/L]
Old 08-27-2002
Sometimes, I can see right through myself ...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

taz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud of
Looking at this diagram, it's pretty decent. There's a couple of changes that I think you'd need to make though. Like with all the grounds for the neons, you could just take and twist them all together, put a ring terminal on it, and then ground out to somewhere on metal. As for your distribution block idea, makes sense. All you'd really have to do is go to some kind of car audio shop and get a couple of 'remote distribution blocks'. Or, if you can find one, one that'll split an 8ga cable into something like 4 16ga outputs. Make sure that the distribution block is fused. These are what you would use to split your remote line for multiple amps. And, as for your switch, you'll want a 3-pronged switch, 1 for ground, 1 for 12v constant (coming from your battery or other constant source), and 1 for 12v switched. You'll want to take and ground out the negative of the switch(probably on same ring terminal as the neons), and run the 12v switched into the fuse box. On the 12v constant, you're going to want to put an inline fuse and run that to the 12v constant to the switch. When you do this, the switch will always be hot. Once you flip it to 'on', it'll send power into the distribution block, thus powering the neons. It sounds good in theory, but will it really work? I think I'm going to have to get some neons and try it out this weekend. If you have any questions, let me know.
Old 08-27-2002
The Standard One

VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
you make it sound like wiring neons is hard. why make it hard on yourself by getting distribution blocks and inline fuses? why not just tap into the accesories wire?
Old 08-27-2002
Registered!!

izmaxx is just really niceizmaxx is just really niceizmaxx is just really niceizmaxx is just really niceizmaxx is just really nice
Well the distribution block is to keep it clean, I have four neon bars so its easier that way. And taz, what amperage inline fuse would you recommend using? I didn't want my switch to be hot all the time, so I did what Vnil said, just tapped into the accessory outlet. Dont want to risk the chance or running out the battery you know, even though it would take a while. What I actually ended up doing is buying this $15 module that connects to all my neons and it acts as a switch and also allows the neon bars to pulsate according to music. Pretty sweet...
Old 08-27-2002
Have you seen Mike Hunt?

2002excpe will become famous soon enough
LOL, funny stuff Dave [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 08-27-2002
Registered!!

Whoa, never thought of it that way, lemme go try that out...hehe