General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Searching for DIY Oil Change (Auto tranny)

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vexorg is an unknown quantity at this point
Searching for DIY Oil Change (Auto tranny)

Sorry if this is posted somewhere (im sure it is) but I cant find it, Ive been searching for a while. I found the manual transmission one.

I have the book here and im pretty good with this stuff, i just would like a reference. Are there any DIY guides for changing the oil on a automatic transmission? I have a 2001 civic ex coup, any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Old 05-29-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fair_280zx is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Searching for DIY Oil Change (Auto tranny)

I did what chiltons manual said drain the old oil there is a 3/8 plug on the bottom sid of the tranny. refill using z1 fluid or equvilant not much out there is. run the car to get the fluid out of the torque converter and repete the flushing prosses again. some people say do it three times but I did it twice. If you are trying to get rid of the tcc c.e.l. this didn't help me but my tranny is shiting better now. just make sure you run the car each time to get the fluid hot each time before draining and dot get it on you. Chlitons tells you step by step.
Old 05-29-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,148 Likes on 802 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Searching for DIY Oil Change (Auto tranny)

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...id-change.html

Ka-boom