General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

How do I remove everything to do with cruise control?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all
How do I remove everything to do with cruise control?

I'm fortunate enough to be offered anything I want off a friend's donor Civic that got smashed up. I got almost everything I want out of it so far, I just can't figure out how to get the cruise control out. I already got the buttons off the steering wheel, just need the rest.
Old 05-16-2010
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How do I remove everything to do with cruise control?

Hmm.... Here I go. :

Start with the button in the dash if you haven't already done it.

1. Carefully pry the switch panel -assembly out of the instrument panel.
Terminal side of male terminals

Name:  4-46a25.gif
Views: 3071
Size:  6.7 KB

Actuator Cable Removal:

1. Loosen the locknut (A), then disconnect the actuator cable (B) from the throttle linkage.

Name:  4-48a25.gif
Views: 2995
Size:  7.2 KB

2. Disconnect the 4P connector (A) from the actuator.

Name:  2.gif
Views: 3148
Size:  10.4 KB

3. Remove the two mounting bolts, and remove the actuator assembly (B).

4. Remove the actuator cover.

Name:  3.gif
Views: 2888
Size:  6.7 KB

5. Remove the actuator cable from the actuator.

Name:  4.gif
Views: 2852
Size:  5.8 KB

Clutch Pedal Sensor Removal:

1. Disconnect the 2P connector from the clutch pedal position switch (A).
CLUTCH PEDAL POSITION SWITCH 2P CONNECTOR

Name:  5.gif
Views: 2908
Size:  5.2 KB

2. Remove the clutch pedal position switch.

I don't think I missed anything.

Oh wait, there is a piece underneath the steering wheel. Here is a picture of it, It's #2 that you may have to remove. It's pretty self explanatory. That's the actual Cruise Control unit.

Name:  6.gif
Views: 3052
Size:  8.9 KB

I've never installed CC, so I'm not sure what wiring might be involved.

Last edited by BlueEM2; 05-16-2010 at 08:51 PM.
Old 05-16-2010
Whachya lookin at?

BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yea you probably don't have to remove the actuator cover and remove the cable from the actuator if you take it all off in 1 piece.

It seems pretty complicated, here is the wiring diagram:

Name:  7.gif
Views: 12223
Size:  36.3 KB

Last edited by BlueEM2; 05-16-2010 at 09:05 PM.
Old 05-18-2010
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

Wow, that's a lot of work. All the little vacuum hoses and how it ties into the throttle body, I don't know if I can do that. I was hoping it would plug into a harness and be controlled by the computer. Think it's worth it?
Old 05-19-2010
Whachya lookin at?

It's a nice little project if you have some spare time on your hands. I don't ever use my cruise control and I commute in the civic, so I'd say it's not worth it. But everyone is different, you might use it all the time.

Also, I'm not sure if your throttle body will accept cruise control, so you might want to either take his throttle body or modify yours to work. I'm not sure if they made them universal.